Non Immigrant O VISA Single Entry

Hello,

I will be going on a trip back home and applying for a new Non Immigrant O VISA. Ever since 2009, Ive been getting Non Immigrant O Multi Entry VISAs but was told by the consulate that only single entry Non Immigrant O VISAs are issued. Every 90 days, Ive been doing border runs to Laos with no problem but now with a single entry, can anyone tell me how will this change? 

Thanks in advance

It will change in that you wont be able to do the border runs any more - at least not to get a 90 day entry.  Your single entry visa is just that, 1 x 90 day entry.  What is the O for - marriage?  If yes and home happens to be the UK you can get a multi from the embassy in London.

Just now, Upnotover said:

It will change in that you wont be able to do the border runs any more - at least not to get a 90 day entry.  Your single entry visa is just that, 1 x 90 day entry.  What is the O for - marriage?  If yes and home happens to be the UK you can get a multi from the embassy in London.

Thanks for your response,

Yes, its based on marriage but unfortunately, my home is America. I heard I need to show 400,000 baht in a bank account......do you 

know anything about this?

I am not so familiar with the US requirements, I am sure someone will be able to fill in the blanks on that.  Alternatively you can still get a multi-O (marriage) from Savannakhet without the need for financial proof, that might be an option for you.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

I think you have been getting your multiple entry visas at a honorary Thai consulate. Most of those worldwide have had there ability to issue multiple entry visas pulled. You can get one at the embassy in DC or one of the 3 official consulates in the states.

A single entry non-o visa will only allow one 90 day entry.

Completely untrue- if you are legally married and can show your marriage certificate and a copy of wife's Thai Passport or Thai ID Card plus a letter written by wife stating you are still married and she requests a Visa be issued to visit with her and family a multiple is still available through the Los Angeles Consulate and New York Thai Consulate as well as the Thai Embassy in Washington DC. I am not aware that there is any requirement for financials.  In addition, the Thai Embassy in Savannakhet Laos still issues Multi non O's without any financials needed/

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

I am not so familiar with the US requirements, I am sure someone will be able to fill in the blanks on that.  Alternatively you can still get a multi-O (marriage) from Savannakhet without the need for financial proof, that might be an option for you.

Thats great news! Thanks again for your response. So, I think this would be obvious but Im just saying it to reassure myself. I should go back home and dont apply for the Non Immigrant O VISA and re enter Thailand when I come back with a tourist VISA and then head on over to Savannakhet (which is not bad as I reside in Nakhon Phanom) and apply for my Non Immigrant O Multi Entry VISA there. 

Since I've been coming into Thailand every year with a Multi Entry Non Immigrant VISA, will I be granted a tourist VISA on arrival?

1 minute ago, joninisaan said:

Thats great news! Thanks again for your response. So, I think this would be obvious but Im just saying it to reassure myself. I should go back home and dont apply for the Non Immigrant O VISA and re enter Thailand when I come back with a tourist VISA and then head on over to Savannakhet (which is not bad as I reside in Nakhon Phanom) and apply for my Non Immigrant O Multi Entry VISA there. 

Since I've been coming into Thailand every year with a Multi Entry Non Immigrant VISA, will I be granted a tourist VISA on arrival?

I presume you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry in which case yes, you won't have a problem getting into the country, but you may have issues at check-in in the US without a ticket out of the country.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

I think you have been getting your multiple entry visas at a honorary Thai consulate. Most of those worldwide have had there ability to issue multiple entry visas pulled. You can get one at the embassy in DC or one of the 3 official consulates in the states.

A single entry non-o visa will only allow one 90 day entry.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.  I've been getting my Non Immigrant VISA via the Thai consulate office on Oahu, Hawaii. Thank you so much for your information on going through the Thai embassy in the states. Ill be opting for this.

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I presume you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry in which case yes, you won't have a problem getting into the country, but you may have issues at check-in in the US without a ticket out of the country.

Another poster said that Thai consulates have had the option of giving Mutli entry VISAs pulled which I've been applying at the Thai consulate in Hawaii all this time. Ill apply at the Thai Embassy in LA while Im at home in Hawaii. If for some reason I can only get a single entry, I will go to Savannakhet after 90 days to apply for a multi entry.

Thank you so much for your help and resonses

1 minute ago, joninisaan said:

Hello,

Thanks for your response.  I've been getting my Non Immigrant VISA via the Thai consulate office on Oahu, Hawaii. Thank you so much for your information on going through the Thai embassy in the states. Ill be opting for this.

That is a honorary consulate.

You can apply by mail to the official consulate in Los Angeles. Info here: http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa.aspx

19 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Completely untrue- if you are legally married and can show your marriage certificate and a copy of wife's Thai Passport or Thai ID Card plus a letter written by wife stating you are still married and she requests a Visa be issued to visit with her and family a multiple is still available through the Los Angeles Consulate and New York Thai Consulate as well as the Thai Embassy in Washington DC. I am not aware that there is any requirement for financials.  In addition, the Thai Embassy in Savannakhet Laos still issues Multi non O's without any financials needed/

Thanks for your response and information. Ill do this and apply at the Thai Embassy in LA.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That is a honorary consulate.

You can apply by mail to the official consulate in Los Angeles. Info here: http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa.aspx

Thanks for the link. I truly appreciate your help. I was stressing out worrying about this... You and the other that responded helped lift great weight off my shoulders!!!

• 1 year later...

being over 60 and single I used to get a 90 day visa from Laos consulate via Nongkhai  stay overnight and collect the next day.  all of a sudden they refused and would only issue a 60 day visa.

Has the 90 day non immigrant visa now ceased,   for years I got one being an elderly person living in Udon I did not mind the 90 trip 1500 baht to enter Laos, the only drawback being 3 pages of my passport vanished every visit.

Looks like it will have to be retirement visa now with 800k in the bank.   anyone with the same experience ??

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

being over 60 and single I used to get a 90 day visa from Laos consulate via Nongkhai  stay overnight and collect the next day.  all of a sudden they refused and would only issue a 60 day visa.

Has the 90 day non immigrant visa now ceased,   for years I got one being an elderly person living in Udon I did not mind the 90 trip 1500 baht to enter Laos, the only drawback being 3 pages of my passport vanished every visit.

Looks like it will have to be retirement visa now with 800k in the bank.   anyone with the same experience ??

You can get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement at the embassy in Vientiane if you have financial proof, a police clearance and medical certificates.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement at the embassy in Vientiane if you have financial proof, a police clearance and medical certificates.

So a 90 day visa is still ok,  but different now. Before simple----filling in a form stating Thai address, no medical certs, or police clearance or financial proof.

7 minutes ago, ginjag said:

So a 90 day visa is still ok,  but different now. Before simple----filling in a form stating Thai address, no medical certs, or police clearance or financial proof.

Yes it is possible but not easy as it was years ago. They have been asking for financial proof for a long time now.

Savannakhet will do one without the police or medical certificate but you also need proof you are retired if using the money in the bank option.

If married to or the parent of a Thai they are easy to get.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is possible but not easy as it was years ago. They have been asking for financial proof for a long time now.

Savannakhet will do one without the police or medical certificate but you also need proof you are retired if using the money in the bank option.

If married to or the parent of a Thai they are easy to get.

It seems to me then it is mixed up with the retirement visa (1 year Udon)... these 2 were completely different, the former passport and address,  (proof I am retired ??, I thought the 90 day was if you were of an age over 55.

I used to get a 1 year non 0 multiple from Hull, report every 90 day visa run....that stopped.      Query, bank option for a 90 visa proof of retirement ??

12 minutes ago, ginjag said:

It seems to me then it is mixed up with the retirement visa (1 year Udon)... these 2 were completely different, the former passport and address,  (proof I am retired ??, I thought the 90 day was if you were of an age over 55.

No mix up. The financial requirements are the same as when applying for an extension at immigration whether you are 50 or or over 55.

13 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I used to get a 1 year non 0 multiple from Hull, report every 90 day visa run....that stopped.      Query, bank option for a 90 visa proof of retirement ??

You can still get a multiple entry non-o at the embassy in London if you are on a state pension.

The proof of retirement is required by by the consulates in Savannakhet and Penang if showing 800k baht in the bank. Most people have used an income letter from their embassy showing even a small amount of income on it to meet the proof of retirement requirement.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No mix up. The financial requirements are the same as when applying for an extension at immigration whether you are 50 or or over 55.

You can still get a multiple entry non-o at the embassy in London if you are on a state pension.

The proof of retirement is required by by the consulates in Savannakhet and Penang if showing 800k baht in the bank. Most people have used an income letter from their embassy showing even a small amount of income on it to meet the proof of retirement requirement.

OK U.J.  I now have a retirement visa for 1 year issued by the Udon Immigration, 90 day reporting equiv 800k in the bank.

If I wish to stay here in Udon (i am 76 Years old) but think I will use monies 800k and stop the retirement visa and just go for a 90 visa run as of old is this possible ??  No talk of retirement  --wife here --  just simply lease a property, and travel around, but based in Udon home a single man.    Is it now not that simple.

Edited by ginjag

7 minutes ago, ginjag said:

If I wish to stay here in Udon (i am 76 Years old) but think I will use monies 800k and stop the retirement visa and just go for a 90 visa run as of old is this possible ??

Not for getting a non-o visa for being 50 or over. No nearby location will issue one without showing the same financial proof needed for the extension you have been getting.

If your wife is Thai you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not for getting a non-o visa for being 50 or over. No nearby location will issue one without showing the same financial proof needed for the extension you have been getting.

If your wife is Thai you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. 

Thanks Joe, So It is far in my interest to stay on my retirement visa in Udon (immigration)......So my stay as of old 90 day 1 night Laos consulate, return etc is over.   PS, at 76 I have no intention of marrying a Thai woman, for an easier visa  ha ha ha.   keep up your good work, thanks again.