Dress shoes

Rotagivan

Hi

Would someone mind telling me where I might find dress shoes?

(Not sure if dress shoes is the correct word. Looking for shoes that would fit with a designer shirt and shorts/pants.) 

Looked at night market, night bazaar, warorort outdoor market, Sunday market, Maya, CMU Market, but they either didn't have dress shoes or correct size (12/45).

You will have a tough time finding 45's. But yes, good shoes are expensive here. A few times a year Central has good sales where you can pick up a decent pair of shoes for about 3K-3.5K THB, but finding size 45..... probably not.

Clark's at MAYA has some very nice shoes but as has been said, you will pay about 7500 Baht unless there is a sale. Not sure about size 45.

Florsheim Shoes at Maya are right up your alley. Top quality leather, stitching and styles. Size might be your issue however but at least go there and see for yourself. You will pay a hefty price as these shoes do not come at a cheap price. Having said that you do get what you payed for. A good pair of these shoes with proper care and treatment will last a very long time.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, elektrified said:

You will have a tough time finding 45's. But yes, good shoes are expensive here. A few times a year Central has good sales where you can pick up a decent pair of shoes for about 3K-3.5K THB, but finding size 45..... probably not.

Clark's at MAYA has some very nice shoes but as has been said, you will pay about 7500 Baht unless there is a sale. Not sure about size 45.

I suppose I meant Florsheim and not Clark - I think.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2017 at 11:06 PM, Rotagivan said:

Looked at night market, night bazaar, warorort outdoor market, Sunday market, Maya, CMU Market, but they either didn't have dress shoes or correct size (12/45).

With the exception of Maya, you’re basically listing all the places I would not expect to find quality shoes that fits a Western male food :)

If you want a cheaper Thai brand, I can recommend Nutt. I bought a pair of these at Kad Farang at ~1,000 baht (after a 50% discount), there is a shop all the way in the back of the open mall having a lot of leather items.

Been subjecting my pair to a lot of wear, and they are still holding up nicely and still very comfortable, so definitely good quality and they would probably also fit your shorts better than formal dress shoes.

nutt.png