91 in diesel engine

1hour ago I went to gas station and ordered 500Thb diesel, but they put in 91,the motor was running while they filled the tank.After I noticed their mistake I turned of the motor,then pushed my car to a next by car shop,now they empty the tank.Qustion,my motor 3000cc vigo vn turbo will die or it will be fine?

Edited by mrmicbkktxl

This will be OK, in the dark ages back in the uk, we added petrol to the tanks of our trucks to prevent waxing in the winter, now the diesel in cold climates has an anti waxing additive added during the winter. Just add more diesel.

My ex wife did the same to a BMW x5 then drove it for a couple of hours, yes it kept going. Mechanic drained the tank, refilled and pumped through the diesel into a bucket, no permanent damage.

38 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Remove all fuel from tank. Purge fuel lines. Replace fuel filter. Should be fine.

Next time, turn off engine, exit vehicle, watch what is happening.

Thanks,what a shock,I lucky  I smelled 91,after that I stopped the engine,next to PTT is a FTT,belongs to PTT, they sad free of charge,we will see

ptt2.jpg

Edited by mrmicbkktxl

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

My ex wife did the same to a BMW x5 then drove it for a couple of hours, yes it kept going. Mechanic drained the tank, refilled and pumped through the diesel into a bucket, no permanent damage.

Wow,thjought those  HItech cars are super sensitive

22 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

This will be OK, in the dark ages back in the uk, we added petrol to the tanks of our trucks to prevent waxing in the winter, now the diesel in cold climates has an anti waxing additive added during the winter. Just add more diesel.

Thanks a lot,I was really shocked,googled a bit and that gave me the rest

Free of charge,they gave me this document in case I have a problem,my girlfriend said it's ok.They didn't change any filter,they said no need ,because I wasn't driving and I  still had 5-6liters of diesel left.I was driving a few rounds and it sounds and feels ok.Hope it will be fine.

Thanks a lot for help

ptt after.jpg

Always remember that putting gasoline/petrol in a diesel vehicle is worse than the other way around. It can seriously damage the fuel system and even the pistons.

However putting diesel into a petrol car wont really do anything, it s likely the car just wont run...

Always remember that putting gasoline/petrol in a diesel vehicle is worse than the other way around. It can seriously damage the fuel system and even the pistons.

However putting diesel into a petrol car wont really do anything, it s likely the car just wont run...

Been there, done that. Filled a company car up with diesel instead of petrol, didnt make it off the forecourt before it died. Provided hours of entertainment for my work mates.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Years ago, a kid in a service station put diesel in my Suzuki Carribian. I made it up the highway a couple of kilometers and the engine started spark knocking like crazy. It then dawned on me what happened. I pulled into another service station, took off the filler cap and smelled it. Sure enough, diesel. They drained the tank, blew out the hoses and refilled it with gasoline. Apparently no damage. And no, I didn't go back to the first station.