Non O for retirement in Vientianne (1 year extension later)

My friend have 800 thousend baht in his bank account here. And he like to go to the embassy in Vientiane to get a non O visa. And after that get a 1 year extension for retirement. My questions are Does he need to show anything more than the bankbook there?

And can you you do the same thing with an income letter from your embassy if going for the income method?

Vientiane has been asking for a medical certificate and police clearance certificate to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over. They will accept those done here in the country.

An income letter showing 65k baht will accepted instead of the 800 baht in the bank. A combination of both showing a total of 800k baht is also accepted.

Dependent upon where your friend is located he may be able to apply to change to a non immigrant visa (category O) at a immigration office by showing the 800k baht in the bank.

24 minutes ago, khunerik said:

Thank you Joe. But he is here on a visa exemption. So I don't think he can upgrade to non O ?

It can be done with a visa exempt entry. He would need 15 days remaining on his entry or the 30 day extension of it.

19 minutes ago, khunerik said:

What kind of medical certificate does he need?

Just a basic one that can obtained about anywhere. Sample here: http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Medical-Certificate-Form-For-Non-Immigrant-O-A-Long-Stay-Only.pdf  Most doctors here will have the same form in Thai only.

Police certificate can obtained here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, khunerik said:

What's a curricula for a retirement visa ???

I don't recall any reports of that being asked for to get a single entry non-o visa.

It appears on their website as one of the requirements for a OA visa as a "Curriculum Vitae".

• Like 2