Pattaya to further reduce areas for beach bed operators

webfact

Pattaya to further reduce areas for beach bed operators
By The Nation

PATTAYA: -- The city of Pattaya is to further reduce the areas where beach beds and umbrellas can be put up for tourists to rent.

Adm Sriwisut Ratarun, deputy chairman of the Pattaya City Council said on Thursday the planned reduction of zones was aimed at increasing public areas where tourists can enjoy the beach.

Currently, 118 operators are allowed to operate beach bed businesses on zones covering 44 per cent of the 2,588-metre long Pattaya beach.

The new order will see the zones reduced by 84 metres to 1,062 metres.

The reduction will also made on the 5,535-metre-long Jomtien beach. Currently beach beds are allowed on 44.7 per cent of the beach length. The new measure will reduce the zones to 2,259 metres, freeing up an extra 218 metres for tourists, Sriwisut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30313545

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-27

Enjoy the beach?  That might cost a few hundred million baht to build proper wastewater treatment plants, and the piping and plumbing infrastructure to actually get the waste to the treatment plant.  Other than an often pretty view, and an occasional nap in a chair at the quieter parts of the beach, I don't see the need nor desire to go on the beach.  Its a shame too because it really is a pretty area.  But the water?  yech.

Good.

It's they own fault,  greedy sods.

Starting to like some of the changes 

Good job city hall  :thumbsup:

Ps Please have a look at  the motor bike hire companies next,    and get the road side parking and side walks back

Edited by onemorechang

the wife and child and I picnic under a big tree on the beach, it's a great spot ,but  local homless people have taken over , with all their belongings .my instinct said ''rebel'',my wife said ''you will never win''.now,we all picnic together eat somtum and my wifes homemade fried chicken..''we cant beat them ,so ,join them''...

Personally I would like to see a single row of chairs/umbrellas along the whole beach

leaving the rest of the beach wide open for use. It makes for much better viewing.

Having chairs 5-6 deep in a percentage of the beach is just <deleted>. Unfortunately

the beach chair/umbrella vendors are completely untrustworthy when it comes to

following the rules.

9 hours ago, Ulic said:

Personally I would like to see a single row of chairs/umbrellas along the whole beach

leaving the rest of the beach wide open for use. It makes for much better viewing.

Having chairs 5-6 deep in a percentage of the beach is just <deleted>. Unfortunately

the beach chair/umbrella vendors are completely untrustworthy when it comes to

following the rules.

This post is just complete rubbish...

The beach is already more than 50% open with nothing on

it....I am sure you will not be happy until there is nothing on the

beach..

Makes for better viewing??? My friend you need glasses..Pattaya

Beach is a dump..Its a worn-out trashed-out 5th rate beach..

There is nothing to see ....The umbrellas improve the look of

the trashed-out beach.....

The beach chair/umbrella vendors are completely untrustworthy???

What a nasty comment....The vendors stick to their designated

areas quite well and keep their areas clean every day and

most do some beach cleaning too because the city does

absolutely nothing...

Pattaya's ocean waster is filthy...The vendors are the only

good thing on Pattaya's beach...

Think before you let your mouth run..

Edited by fforest1

why dont city hall come right out with and say piss off tourists we dont want you here period.......absolute joke....droves leaving year by year but still the clueless idiots pick on easy targets

Edited by Chivas