Sending phone in post

48 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
50 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

Can I send a phone by post to UK from Thailand. ?  Thanks for your time

Without the battery possibly.

...said the guy whose phone just exploded on their nightstand    :shock1:

Suggest the OP check the website of the prospective shipper, or contact them directly to see if they have restrictions or mandatory requirements before accepting shipments that contain Lithium-metal, Lithium-ion or Lithium-ion polymer power cells.

Some delivery companies allow maximum of two Lithium-ion batteries per parcel, providing the special packaging requirements detailed overleaf are met and carrier documentation be completed and included with your consignment note.

Last week I took four airline flights. At each checkin, I was asked if I had any batteries in my checked bag. A couple weeks ago I ordered a battery operated lawn tool. After I ordered it, the seller emailed me and told me the airline wouldn't take the package. He asked if I wanted to cancel because shipping had to go overland and the estimated delivery time would be forty days. I didn't cancel the order. They are taking the danger very seriously.

18 hours ago, RichCor said:

...said the guy whose phone just exploded on their nightstand    :shock1:

Suggest the OP check the website of the prospective shipper, or contact them directly to see if they have restrictions or mandatory requirements before accepting shipments that contain Lithium-metal, Lithium-ion or Lithium-ion polymer power cells.

Some delivery companies allow maximum of two Lithium-ion batteries per parcel, providing the special packaging requirements detailed overleaf are met and carrier documentation be completed and included with your consignment note.

Thai post will not send a phone to anywhere unless you remove the battery,

recently sent a phone to Malaysia that someone had left behind and no problem

without battery, no go with battery. Just send it and buy a new battery in UK 

problem solved.         :thumbsup:

Well a friends Thai aunt has just sent a phone including the battery (old style small non smart phone) signed and tracked from the UK to Thailand - took 3 weeks to get to Pattaya. I don't think it was declared as being a phone however because I was surprised it turned up.

2 minutes ago, topt said:

Well a friends Thai aunt has just sent a phone including the battery (old style small non smart phone) signed and tracked from the UK to Thailand - took 3 weeks to get to Pattaya. I don't think it was declared as being a phone however because I was surprised it turned up.

What part of " sending a phone FROM Thailand to UK " don't you understand?

1 minute ago, phuketjock said:

What part of " sending a phone FROM Thailand to UK " don't you understand?

The bit where I misread the from and to unfortunately :sorry:

7 minutes ago, topt said:

The op is asking about sending from Thailand to UK, not the other way.

Sorry you were writing your reply at the same time I was writing this apologies.

Edited by phuketjock
correction