Advice on sorting a buffering issue please.

happyas

I have recently started using Mobdro and most of the time is unwatchable due to constant buffering.

Some times of day though and/or different days is watchable on 90% of channels.

My 3BB speed test constantly shows around 200/50  and i have no problems watching any other sites [youtube etc]

Last night i tried IliketvHD and tho a little better than Mobdro, a lot of channels were buffering and near unwatchable.

I was informed that increasing my wi fi supply would not fix the problem.

Any ideas as to why this is happening ans is there a fix?

THanks.

2 hours ago, KC 71 said:

I think its an issue with them rather than you
And they will probably be working on an update

Thanks, hopefully so.

Anyone else using Mobdro having similar issues?

I m experiencing the same thing happyas
I tell what ive just noticed
If you leave it on the same channel for a while it can sometimes rectify its self- cheers for giving me the heads up about the wifi upgrade
I thought that might be my problem but obviously not
Regards

I did read recently on the Forum where another member had problems with IlikeHDTV... even the FTA Thai channels were buffering.

All Android media centre manufacturers recommend "hard wiring" vs wifi.

If you must use wifi then ensure you have a strong signal... your box may need to be moved around a bit to find the best signal strength.

Have you tried Kodi?

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I did read recently on the Forum where another member had problems with IlikeHDTV... even the FTA Thai channels were buffering.

All Android media centre manufacturers recommend "hard wiring" vs wifi.

If you must use wifi then ensure you have a strong signal... your box may need to be moved around a bit to find the best signal strength.

Have you tried Kodi?

My speedtest mostly comes back at near 200/50 ,not just on 3 bb tester but is confirmed by other tests.

I figure that this is as good  as i will get...IYO should this work better?

I was told by the tech today that it is a problem of Mobdro and IlikeHD as , as he points out ,that the rest of my programmes work well.

I haven't tried Kodi, but will look at that later, thanks..i have just learned the ropes on the two i have now.:sad:

Maybe 'hardwiring' is the solution as recommended .

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Do you get any buffering using YouTube?

One popular option for "hard-wiring" is a Powerline LAN - see here for details and discussion.

No buffering at all on Youtube or in fact any other source [except for the two i mention] I tried Expat TV and that worked well, but does not have exactly what i want to see.

I like Mobdro because it has all the channels i like, and used to get on True Visions Platinum, but for free]

Of course, free is pointless if you can't watch the programmes without interruptions..catch 22.

Hard wire may well be the answer.

11 hours ago, happyas said:

Just as an after thought that may or may not be a factor, i am not using a set top box, just running through my PC.

Just curious how are you using Mobdro on a PC, is it with Bluestacks to get Android? I tried that a long time ago and gave up even with ethernet cable, worked much better on an Android device for me and with a cable.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Just curious how are you using Mobdro on a PC, is it with Bluestacks to get Android? I tried that a long time ago and gave up even with ethernet cable, worked much better on an Android device for me and with a cable.

People have created versions of Mobdro for other platforms, like Windows PC and iOS, but I have no idea how safe the Windows version is to download and haven't seen anyone review them.

On 5/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, happyas said:

My speedtest mostly comes back at near 200/50 ,not just on 3 bb tester but is confirmed by other tests.

Your 200Mb speed tests mean nothing, since they are to Thailand server, and evrything on Modro comes from an international based server.

If you want to perform a reliable speed test go to http://testmy.net/ and in the top right corner under the tab " test servers" select Europe - UK London as default test server. Then perform a download test.

Let us know if you still get 200 Mb.

Edited by janclaes47

On 5/9/2017 at 11:32 AM, Jai Dee said:

Mobdro for PC is available.

See here.

Every Android app is available for PC.

What they are talking about is using Bluestack, which is an emulator and enables the Andoid APK to run on Windows, and will give you more grief than joy.

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

What they are talking about is using Bluestack, which is an emulator and enables the Andoid APK to run on Windows, and will give you more grief than joy.

Only WorriedNoodle is talking about using Bluestacks and you've got to ask yourself why would you even try it?

Back on-topic we're to help happyas with his buffering issue (on his PC which is not hard-wired).

3 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Only WorriedNoodle is talking about using Bluestacks and you've got to ask yourself why would you even try it?

From the link you provided

Download Mobdro for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP & Mac Computer

This streaming application is not available for Mac, windows computer but here we will show how to download and install Mobdro for PC and Mobdro on windows 10, windows8/7/XP/Mac computer, to do this all you need one application called Android emulator that is Bluestacks App Player. Using below highlighted link download the application and start the installation procedure.

Bluestacks for Windows

Edited by janclaes47

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Your 200Mb speed tests mean nothing, since they are to Thailand server, and evrything on Modro comes from an international based server.

If you want to perform a reliable speed test go to http://testmy.net/ and in the top right corner under the tab " test servers" select Europe - UK London as default test server. Then perform a download test.

Let us know if you still get 200 Mb.

Thanks i did as you suggested and got this;

Download :: 6.6 Mbps 829 kB/s  up arrow Upload :: 1.8 Mbps

3bb test shows;

Last Result:
Download Speed: 17846 kbps (2230.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4127 kbps (515.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 12 ms

Just did another test and got this;
starstarstarstarstar   down arrow Download :: 6 Mbps 751 kB/s  up arrow Upload :: 2.2 Mb
Edited by happyas

After doing a bit of research it would seem that you need an Android emulator to run Mobdro on a Windows PC/Laptop as it has not yet been launched for Windows or MAC.

An emulator such as Bluestacks, Droid4x, Andyroid, Nox, etc. is required.

How are you doing it happyas?

11 minutes ago, happyas said:

Thanks i did as you suggested and got this;

Download :: 6.6 Mbps 829 kB/s  up arrow Upload :: 1.8 Mbps

That would be sufficient to run Mobdro buffer free. If it still buffers it is not from your side, however as others have said, you should have a wired connection because 1 packet lost over wifi will cause the buffer.