Actress ‘Pat’ turns herself in to police over money laundering charges

webfact

Actress ‘Pat’ turns herself in to police over money laundering charges
By The Nation

8980216e292aa13aa1c4de1b3d20a842.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Actress Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul turned herself in to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau to face charges of conspiracy to launder money.

She arrived at NSB headquarters at 9am on Monday to find a large number of reporters waiting.

Napapa, who looked tense, did not say anything to reporters as she entered the building.

Lawyer Arkhom Khongsawat, who represents Napapa, said Bt500,000 had been prepared to apply for her release on bail.

The NSB issued two summons for Napapa to face charges after investigators discovered that the actress possessed money her husband – motorbike star Akarakit “Benz Racing” Worarojcharoendet – had received from a network led by alleged Lao drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpa.

It is expected that investigators will seek a detention order for her from the Criminal Court on Monday while the probe continues.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315230

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-15

There's nothing better for the ego than having 'celebrities' come in for questioning.

This is all so glitzy and Hollywood. I don't think anyone even cares if she's broken the law. It's just been one massive enjoyable ride for everyone involved. Thanks for the memories, Patt. 

Just makes a mockery of everything when these oxygen thieves can just bail themselves out as a formality.

Surely the bail amounts should reflect amounts the person is known to have. And having just over 25% of the amount you are meant to have misappropriated as a bail bond is hardly a stretch. A pathetic spectacle.. Also this Benz Racing moron is not a "star" but merely a test rider ?

Edited by z42

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

A stage managed affair. All those cameras waiting for her.

Somebody was busy telling the media, get down there at 9 for the photo shoot.

And this in a country where loosing face is the worst thing that can happen to a person.

Look how many camera's were waiting....but why didn't she take another entrance?

29 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Meanwhile, the big story, the battle for control of Thailand's amphetamine trade and the unimagineable profits that go with it goes unreported.

Not really- I read an article this weekend about  9 drug mules being shot on the border and a large amount of amphetamine being seized.

Bearing in mind where the money is being alleged to come from i would suggest that by arresting her and her husband your comment is moot.

7 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I have only been married a year and don't know my husband too well was a classic line.

Well, we've been married  for 10 years and my wife still doesn't know my pin numbers.

Too bad for her that she only speaks Thai. If she could speak another language like English or so, she could have left Thailand like the Red Bull heir. Just didn't have any brains to learn another language...

1 hour ago, FredNL said:

Too bad for her that she only speaks Thai. If she could speak another language like English or so, she could have left Thailand like the Red Bull heir. Just didn't have any brains to learn another language...

...how hard is it to learn... How much?

Why bother to do anything that takes effort and perseverance when you have husband with millions and live the hi-so life!