Jump to content

Sending parcel to Israel with Thai post, need to join visible ID card copy ?


Recommended Posts

not sure specifically about israel but adherence to policy seems to be post office worker specific rather than overall company policy.

 

one post office i use has a prominent sign in thai and english saying an ID card has to be shown when sending a parcel, however only one post office worker ever asks for ID, the others dont - and as i dont have an ID card or carry my passport i only ever show my driving licence which is accepted.

 

other post offices i use some have the sign but no one adheres to it and some dont have the sign.

 

just shows you the post office staff seem to have as little idea what's going on as anyone else...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There has been special requirements for sending packages to Israel for many years. These requirements have been in place long before the recent id proof on all parcels. When i sent an item to Israel years ago, they took a photocopy of my passport - don't know if they attached it to the parcel or not. But, many postal clerks do not know about the requirement or they ignore it, so you may not be ask for anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MANICMINER said:

There has been special requirements for sending packages to Israel for many years. These requirements have been in place long before the recent id proof on all parcels. When i sent an item to Israel years ago, they took a photocopy of my passport - don't know if they attached it to the parcel or not. But, many postal clerks do not know about the requirement or they ignore it, so you may not be ask for anything.

 

Post office clerk said that parcel would not be delivered it no ID card attached, which is pure BS because I sent dozens parcels to Israel last year without any ID.

 

So it seems nothing new and usual stupid rules that someone believes is useful.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

not sure specifically about israel but adherence to policy seems to be post office worker specific rather than overall company policy.

 

one post office i use has a prominent sign in thai and english saying an ID card has to be shown when sending a parcel, however only one post office worker ever asks for ID, the others dont - and as i dont have an ID card or carry my passport i only ever show my driving licence which is accepted.

 

other post offices i use some have the sign but no one adheres to it and some dont have the sign.

 

just shows you the post office staff seem to have as little idea what's going on as anyone else...

Every post office i have usrd over the last 18 months has always asked for ID when sending parcels. Pattaya, Bangkok, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anytime anyone wants to photocopy your id or passport, you draw 2 diagonal lines on the copy and then write in Thai what the document can be used for. 

 

You never ever give anyone a blank copy of your ID, Irregardless of where you are in the world.

Edited by xvend
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, xvend said:

anytime anyone wants to photocopy your id or passport, you draw 2 diagonal lines on the copy and then write in Thai what the document can be used for. 

 

You never ever give anyone a blank copy of your ID, Irregardless of where you are in the world.

Which is great when you can try telling that to immigration or the police.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...