Chief of Cherng Talay local authority orders removal of PVC pipes from Phuket beach

webfact

Chief of Cherng Talay local authority orders removal of PVC pipes from Phuket beach

The Phuket News

1495175515_1-org.jpg

The pipes, marking what a restaurant owner believed to be the boundary of his land, have since been removed. Photo: Dean Lambert

PHUKET: -- A number of blue PVC pipes which had been pummelled into the sand at Bang Tao Beach last Saturday have been removed following orders from Chief of the Cherng Talay local authority to officials from Thalang Municipality.

Speaking to The Phuket News today (May 19), Chief of the Cherng Talay OrBorTor Ma-Ann Samran said that he was notified of the pipes being placed in the sand last Saturday.

“I was notified that a large number of blue pipes had been placed in the sand at Bang Tao Beach last weekend, and I believe the pipes were placed there by the owner of a restaurant who became upset after the Royal Thai Army inspected the beach line at Bang Tao Beach and the restaurant put the pipes there to mark their boundary,” Mr Ma-Ann said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chief-of-cherng-talay-local-authority-orders-removal-of-pvc-pipes-from-phuket-beach-62215.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-19

35 minutes ago, the guest said:

Arrest the perpetrator, and drag him to a secret location for attitude adjustment.

the mayor is too powerful unfortunately. A shame considering he was stepping down two years ago- I guess the upside was too lucrative.

Guys come on, can you not see what is happening here, I will explain.

Local owner is worried he will not have enough water so is employing his own water catchment system, so as the pumps run dry as they do often in this neck of the woods and showers become a memory, he will have water,

Brought to you by the wonderful story telling company of Thailand. Enjoy.

So which of the many restaurants along that stretch of beach that was "marked out" actually did this. 

I call BS, the area of land behind the restaurants is being developed, more likely the developers/owners of that land wanted to create a seawall the same as the Best Western. 

Blatant land grab.

5 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

So which of the many restaurants along that stretch of beach that was "marked out" actually did this. 

I call BS, the area of land behind the restaurants is being developed, more likely the developers/owners of that land wanted to create a seawall the same as the Best Western. 

Blatant land grab.

.......... or, as Ma Ann would put it,  a 'mis-understanding'!

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Guys come on, can you not see what is happening here, I will explain.

Local owner is worried he will not have enough water so is employing his own water catchment system, so as the pumps run dry as they do often in this neck of the woods and showers become a memory, he will have water,

Brought to you by the wonderful story telling company of Thailand. Enjoy.

Don't like, not funny.

I still like to go to Phuket and I am glad to see that the owners lost their PCV pipes,  goodjob.

Thailand and Phuket have to try to advance into this 21 century and these pipes are not

helping that cause.

Yes , BS,

The Mayor would have known about this one alright , and he wants to muddy the waters by sighting a 'restaurant owner' when the land in question , that was hoping to grow by 5% is a DEVELOPER.

It makes me laugh how these guys say how much they love the King , then try to steal his beaches!

I note there is no charges or further pursuit of the "Restauranter" btw.

No penalties for stealing beaches down here..

PS  There are still FOUR concrete filled blue pipe  posts there !!