"Tiger Temple" grounds set to be returned to farmers from July

webfact

"Tiger Temple" grounds set to be returned to farmers from July

4pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

KANCHANABURI: -- Work is well underway on three large tracts of land in Kanchanaburi seized under Article 44.

Improvements are being made to the land to make each one suitable for various kinds of farming, reported Manager.

Officials were at the temple of Wat Seua (The Tiger Temple) yesterday where a water holding pond is being dug.

The temple on the Kanchanaburi to Sai Yok road was raided and shut last year after many years of dispute about encroachment.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha is due to be at the former temple grounds in July for the official handing back of the land to the agricultural community, reported Manager.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-26

It was not shut down over encroachment. That came later. It was the years of long illegal treatment, smuggling, breeding and selling of tigers and parts that eventually got it shut down.

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling

21 minutes ago, KaitlinCrowell said:

I agree that this process may take a lot of time to return to previous life. But i hope that those farmers will be living in a harmony with a nature and will bring a good fruit soon. As professional essay writer I will write an article on this topic.

professional essay writer with the grammar of a 10yr old special needs child. Wow.... I am in awe!!