Satellite Tv Buriram...

Thai Chi

Just about to move into a new house just outside of Buriram ( 2 K's from CBD ) I found out last week that the BTN cable TV (who I have been using for the last couple of years) stops coverage 70 mtrs from the house :o

So I am now looking at Satellite TV as an alternative. There appears to be a myriad of options available, and all at a reasonable rate. My main aim is to end up with something that includes the ABC Australian Network (Panamsat 8 satellite) for the NRL. JSAT in Bangkok have a package for this, but trying to contact them is neigh on impossible.

So what do you guys have? Thoughts, information and experiences all appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...
I just got back from Surin. I live in Pattaya, but will be building in Surin. I can give you info on Satellite TV depending on what country you are from, and what you would like to watch.

PM me and i'll give you the info.

Barry

Barry:

Going to be living in Lamduan starting in February, not too far from Surin. I would like to get US TV stations and sports; what options will I have?

Thanks!!

Just about to move into a new house just outside of Buriram ( 2 K's from CBD ) I found out last week that the BTN cable TV (who I have been using for the last couple of years) stops coverage 70 mtrs from the house :o

So I am now looking at Satellite TV as an alternative. There appears to be a myriad of options available, and all at a reasonable rate. My main aim is to end up with something that includes the ABC Australian Network (Panamsat 8 satellite) for the NRL. JSAT in Bangkok have a package for this, but trying to contact them is neigh on impossible.

So what do you guys have? Thoughts, information and experiences all appreciated :D

I am a bit further east of you but I get Australian Network on the Aguila KU satellite through Dynasat. I also can get most of the UBC channels on the same satellite. This is obviously pirated from phillipine version of UBC. A few problems do occur. During the time of the year when you want to watch Ozzie football (NRL or AFL) is normally the start of or during the wet season. If there is a thunder storm east of my area I get a lot of interference on the tv reception. The main problem that you will get is through the pirating itself. As the aguila people are aware that it is pirated they put in an encryption device to stop such things happening. Every 2 months or so they change codes so you get nothing from the pay tv until the Dynasat guys have found the new code. This could take up to 4 weeks to receive. The agent in my area always tells me about a week but normally about 4 weeks interuption.

Hope this has helped a bit.

When and if you get these new codes do you have to send the box away to get fixed and what is the cost of this?? My mate has this satellite TV and he wishes he had gone for UBC. Every time the box goes away to be fixed he has to pay. Last time it was 8000 Baht.

When and if you get these new codes do you have to send the box away to get fixed and what is the cost of this?? My mate has this satellite TV and he wishes he had gone for UBC. Every time the box goes away to be fixed he has to pay. Last time it was 8000 Baht.

Your mate is getting stung big time then. When they get the new code the local agent for dynasat brings a set top box same as ours with the new code on it and connects this box to ours and downloads the new code. He then goes thru every satellite on the box and makes sure that it is tuned in properly. This takes about half and hour to do and when asked how much he simply says "Up to you". I have never given him more than 200 baht which is to compensate him for his fuel costs to come out to our place. Our local guy is an offshoot business from the guys in Amnat Charoen. Once the amnat guys came to do the re-coding and gave me a bill for 500 baht. I begrudginly paid the bill but told my wife to make sure the local guy comes and re-codes the sat tv.

When I paid the 18000 baht for the satellite system they promised to provide me with all the stations that I wanted. It is their responsibility to ensure that I have what I paid for. This also includes a 2 year warranty on problems with equipment. Therefore paying 8000 baht for a set of new codes is rediculous. I know of half a dozen farang in my area that have the same system and they all pay the same as I do.

Good luck to your friend and hope he gets it sorted out.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I changed the operating system of my computer and have been updating everything the past few days.

We will be moving to Surin this year, building in Ampur Prasat. We currently live in Pattaya, and I have a 7.5 foot satellite dish with an F-1 receiver. In Esan the satellite dealers rhat can help you are the PSI shops, but you have to be careful. They are all seperately owned, and some of them know didly squat.

The one in Nong Din Deang if you talk to the owner is very good. He will also give you good service. If you want American programming you will need Dynasat which carries the Agila satellite. With this sayellite you can veiw Dream TV through the philippines.

For additional info PM me, as this is a touchy subject to be discussing on an open forum.

Barry

Quick update after going through all the hoops and hurdles. Agree with "barryofthailand" in relation to sussing out the dealers. There are so many options available out there, and most good shops will give you a demo before you buy. Determine what you want first and go from there. I ended up with 2 dishes that suit my needs exactly :D One for the PAS8 satellite (aussie footbal / news etc) and the other for Thai TV. Both dishes are (supposedly) all weather compatible and the pictures so far, are clear as crystal. Decoder boxes for both are Infosat Tigerbox 1. Unlike some other setups, we can watch different channels from the one dish on 2 TV's (without any additional hardware / relays) Total coat was 12K baht. I'm happy :o

• 2 weeks later...

The Dynasat box and similar receivers emulate a CAM (a conditional access module that accepts a viewing card) plus the card itself in the electronics and firmware memory of the receiver. As stated above, many boxes allow you to enter the codes (that would be generated by a viewing card) manually. Otherwise, as an earlier contributor says, you need to update ('reflash') the firmware. However, another alternative is to use a receiver which has a conventional CAM (probably a multicam) installed and insert a pirate card (probably a Funcard) which you have updated with a programmer. The card files come out more quickly than the firmware updates and this would usually reduce the wait time to a day or two. The RDI website mentioned above explains this approach, if you can find the relevant posts from the past.

• 11 months later...
Quick update after going through all the hoops and hurdles. Agree with "barryofthailand" in relation to sussing out the dealers. There are so many options available out there, and most good shops will give you a demo before you buy. Determine what you want first and go from there. I ended up with 2 dishes that suit my needs exactly :D One for the PAS8 satellite (aussie footbal / news etc) and the other for Thai TV. Both dishes are (supposedly) all weather compatible and the pictures so far, are clear as crystal. Decoder boxes for both are Infosat Tigerbox 1. Unlike some other setups, we can watch different channels from the one dish on 2 TV's (without any additional hardware / relays) Total coat was 12K baht. I'm happy :o

How is your system now a year on?

Just considering a system myself as the terrestrial channel pictures are poor and want a

bit more choice.

Yours sounds good i like the price and idea to can watch 2 channels on different tv's on both boxes

Who supplied and fitted it for you.?What do i ask for from the supplier?

My home is only 3kms from buriram town centre

wow....i cant stop laughing,i got dynasat installed 4 years ago,for 14000 baht one off payment,then it was just about watchable,all the film channels,american sports australian network ect,it was always crashing,had to keep taking the box back to shop for new codes charging me 200 baht a time,been back this time 2 months put the codes in myself found a site that issues them for free..now i know that shop was getting the codes the same way and just tekin the piss.. hasnt crashed once and to my amazement its better than its ever been,i now get 5 live english prem league games on at once,im over the moon with it,loads a farang near me are payin 2000 baht a month for TRUE..ahhh ahhh,when im more or less viewing the same stuff...but i aint telling them....