Non immigrant O visa, single entry.

Hello there. I will be coming to Thailand soon, and wish to come for three months. The embassy in London, issue a non immigrant o visa for three months, single entry. It is not expensive. If I wanted to stay in Thailand, I take it this could be used to long stay, with three monthly visits to Thai immigration. However if I used it just for the three months and returned to UK, could I then do the same again say a month later. In other words is there any limit to taking out regular non immigrant o visas at all. I will be in receipt of UK pension then, so should have no trouble getting the visa. Once everything is settled, I could retire in Thailand but see a year or so with returns home needed at first. The alternative could be two month tourist visa extended one extra month in Thailand? The embassy are not at all helpful so thought it better to get forum knowledge! Thanks.

My guess is that London would issue you repeated single entry Non Immigrant O visas without any problem, as long as you were back in the UK for a reasonable period each time in between. Probably, a month each time would be sufficient. If you arrived back in the UK and applied for a new visa the following day, maybe the embassy would be suspicious. The only way to be sure is to try it. I doubt what you propose is commonly done. Normally those wanting to spend the bulk of their time in Thailand would go for an extension of stay or a multiple entry visa.

2 minutes ago, MAREISA said:

i am 57 an want to do a non o for a later retirement here ...do need anything in vientiane or should ago to an agent

and if which one....

I suggest you contact your local immigration office about applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry. 

Vientiane has been asking for a police clearance and medical certificate  recently. There are no agents I am aware of that can help you there.

Better in Savannakhet but if using the 800k baht in the bank option will you will need proof you are retired. For proof of retirement many people use a income letter from their embassy. If using the 65k baht income option you will need the letter and a bank book or statement showing some money in the bank.

• Like 1