TV heartthrob Dome to meet DSI officials regarding his Lamborghini

webfact

30 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This was a mass fraud in the UK. Certain people (I will let you guess their nationality) with higher than average incomes took out finance agreements or hire purchase agreements on these supercars and then shipped them by sea-freight to Thailand. Thai Customs then taxed the vehicles at lower than normal value, and the cars were sold on by criminal dealers in Thailand. 

The cars were then reported stolen in the UK, insurance was claimed by the 'owners' and there was a healthy profit made all round. 

However Old Bill in the UK are not usually complicit in this sort of stuff (unlike their criminal Thai counterparts) and thus have been investigating for some time. Without this applied pressure, it would be business as usual. From what I have heard the Thais were threatened to be exposed here and were allowed to save some face by leading from the front and making it look as if they have discovered this rampant criminality themselves.

There will be a few angry influential people, officials and business owners this week as this potentially could affect nearly everyone that owns a supercar or has been benefiting from these 'imports'. 

Just shows the level of criminality and corruption. Worse than Africa and just better hidden IMO. 

No doubt it will all blow over and it will be back to normal once a couple of lower class scapegoats have been sent to inactive positions. 

Yes they cannot let this run to far back into history as there would be just to much fall out and there can only be so much cover up. You revealed a new slant on things that I did not consider silly me thinking that the exposure was made by Thailand rather their hand was forced.

4 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

I am sure the REAL owners will want their property returned to them!

Should be very interesting!

Have you not been keeping up with the story. The cars are purchased on time, after a few payments they are reported stolen. The purchaser appears to be part of the gang. They ship the car to Thailand and also collect the insurance

55 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Must admit it does seem odd that the story changed after he showed up with paperwork as surely they could have pulled up the numberplate on the computer screen to establish the vin number of the vehicle  and the authenticy of the import paperwork.

Oh dear, how gullible can you get. The ONLY way to check if a car is stolen is to look at the numbers on the vehicle, and check for any signs of alteration. Then you look at the numbers in the computer to see if anybody has been playing games.

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Oh dear, how gullible can you get. The ONLY way to check if a car is stolen is to look at the numbers on the vehicle, and check for any signs of alteration. Then you look at the numbers in the computer to see if anybody has been playing games.

Well first step would to check against the numbers in the system, a job that would have taken a clerk a 5 minutes to do and then if an anomaly is found request inspection of the vehicle and paperwork.

But I do agree a fiddled number would avoid detection against a stolen vehicle, maybe that's what has happened here, would they use a magnifying app on their phone to do this or perhaps cut the part from the vehicle and send it for forensic xray ?

Either way something suspicious has taken place and many have saved face !

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Children playing at being adults. 

... while children on Thai Visa throw sticks and stones at them.

I think it's safe to say that celebrities are treated with kid gloves by the police in western countries too.  Jimmy Savile and others at the BBC and members of government in UK were/are exempt from investigation or prosecution for pedophilia and corruption because of their celebrity. And in the US such carte blanche de facto exoneration is handed out to politicians, bankers, CEOs and Hollywood types on an almost daily basis.

Thinking that this only happens in Thailand is naive and childish.

Edited by Suradit69

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/domes-lamboghini-sports-car-clean-dsi/

The Department of Special Investigation has cleared wellknown entertainer Dome Pakorn Lam’s green Lamboghini for suspicion that it was one of the luxurious cars reported to be stolen in Britain and imported into Thailand.

Dome wrote in the Instagram, saying that he had dreamed for a car that he loves since childhood and had been working for the past 30 years to save enough money to buy his dreamed car – sometimes without sleep and some times not eating that he was supposed to eat.

He said he was pissed when it was suspected that his Lamboghini sports car was reported stolen in Britian.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I thought about that.  But it doesn't seem reasonable that only 42 cars were stolen in the UK.  Even 42 luxury cars sounds a little light.  Maybe it's 42 super cars stolen by that one carjacking gang?

That's the danger of ambiguous reporting...

If you read the story you will know its not a carjacking gang, its an insurance job. Read up on it.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I think it's safe to say that celebrities are treated with kid gloves by the police in western countries too.  Jimmy Savile and others at the BBC and members of government in UK were/are exempt from investigation or prosecution for pedophilia and corruption because of their celebrity. And in the US such carte blanche de facto exoneration is handed out to politicians, bankers, CEOs and Hollywood types on an almost daily basis.

Thanks for that. I will no longer judge a case on its merit and merely not comment as it happens elsewhere. brilliant. 

I'll be sure to tweet Saville's victims with the great news. 

Edited by rkidlad

1 hour ago, hathairat2711 said:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/domes-lamboghini-sports-car-clean-dsi/

The Department of Special Investigation has cleared wellknown entertainer Dome Pakorn Lam’s green Lamboghini for suspicion that it was one of the luxurious cars reported to be stolen in Britain and imported into Thailand.

Dome wrote in the Instagram, saying that he had dreamed for a car that he loves since childhood and had been working for the past 30 years to save enough money to buy his dreamed car – sometimes without sleep and some times not eating that he was supposed to eat.

He said he was pissed when it was suspected that his Lamboghini sports car was reported stolen in Britian.

"....and had been working for the past 30 years to save enough money to buy his dreamed car...." 

Gotta give credit to the kid. Dome is 37 years old and has been working for 30 years. I guess few 7 year old wake up one day and say "When i grow up I want a lime green Lamborghini." and then get out and do a paper round or whatever Thai kids did 25 years ago to earn car money. Frankly, I doubt that 30 years ago he had ever heard of bull.jpg.96138ea4ad264e237b17b1b0cdbb1e02.jpg

10 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

I am sure the REAL owners will want their property returned to them!

Should be very interesting!

Who is going to pay for the shipping? Lol

Probly not cheap to send a lamborghini from Thailand back to the uk

The paperwork and man hours  on both sides and third parties in the middle would exceed the value of the car

Not to mention, the previous owner probably got a cheque from insurance so he might not even want his stolen lambo back if  he now has a new one... 

9 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Who is going to pay for the shipping? Lol

Probly not cheap to send a lamborghini from Thailand back to the uk

The paperwork and man hours  on both sides and third parties in the middle would exceed the value of the car

Not to mention, the previous owner probably got a cheque from insurance so he might not even want his stolen lambo back if  he now has a new one... 

Being nice low cars, you can put a floor in and ship 2 to a container. Checking TVF we have threads indicating price as B150,000 per container, with no import duty as car originally from UK. If you have a late model Lambo you would like to sell for B75,000, please PM me.

BTW if the original owner got an insurance cheque, the car belongs to the insurance company. As the insurance claim now appears to be fraudulent.........

Just now, halloween said:

Being nice low cars, you can put a floor in and ship 2 to a container. Checking TVF we have threads indicating price as B150,000 per container, with no import duty as car originally from UK. If you have a late model Lambo you would like to sell for B75,000, please PM me.

BTW if the original owner got an insurance cheque, the car belongs to the insurance company. As the insurance claim now appears to be fraudulent.........

It's not a fraudulent claim 

The owner lost his car and claim was legit

To his knowledge when he reported it stolen 

(unless you have information that he was complicit in the theft which is the only factor that would make it into insurance fraud) 

6 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

It's not a fraudulent claim 

The owner lost his car and claim was legit

To his knowledge when he reported it stolen 

(unless you have information that he was complicit in the theft which is the only factor that would make it into insurance fraud) 

Try to keep up. There are reports of any organised scam, buying luxury cars, shipping to BKK and reporting as stolen.

Just now, halloween said:

Try to keep up. There are reports of any organised scam, buying luxury cars, shipping to BKK and reporting as stolen.

Show me where it says the owner did it,how many lambos could one have stolen before the UK police might think you're having unusually bad luck anyways? ..... :smile:

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Show me where it says the owner did it,how many lambos could one have stolen before the UK police might think you're having unusually bad luck anyways? ..... :smile:

Well what do you think caused UK police to start looking for stolen cars in BKK?

BTW Lambos and similar are VERY likely to be stolen, though usually recovered. Now a friend of mine in Ipswich (Qld) had his 15yo Holden stolen twice, and both times it was used in armed robberies before he knew it was gone. You want to talk about police suspicion.......

To be honest Iam a bit jealous as I'd love to be a young heart throb with plenty of money. The thought of supercars and pretty young ladies throwing them at you makes me giddy, and I do not beleive ive posted anything venomous in this matter.

He is here for the same reason young girls throwing themselves at him on the not stolen imported bar stool while drinking the imported beer. See its all in how you look at it.

I would give you more than one like if I could. To many people complain about corruption in Thailand and for get about the home country where it is corrupt

On 29/05/2017 at 4:58 PM, Belzybob said:

Thank you for your hilarious post.

On 29/05/2017 at 4:58 PM, Belzybob said:

Thank you for your hilarious post.

so the exporters of the stolen cars were innocent !!!

On 01/06/2017 at 2:07 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

The British authorities were not involved in exporting the cars. End of.

The cars were bought on credit, shipped over to Thailand and then reported stolen.

Thai authorities, Customs Dept. certainly were complicit and possibly running the whole operation. 

How can you buy a stolen car on credit in the UK.? Some UK authorities must have been involved. But of course to people like you, Brits are always honest and the Thais are always dishonest

2 hours ago, gamini said:

Brits are always honest and the Thais are always dishonest

Yes, you now have it correct! They weren't stolen cars in the UK. Thais in the UK bought them, shipped them and then reported them stolen. Do you need pictures to explain this?