Work In Thailand For Farang Female

This may sound dumb, but what kind of work do farang females usually find in Thailand (i.e. BKK, north, northeast but not south)? I'm a registered trademark agent in Canada and legal assistant but my understanding is that office/secretarial is off limits (not sure where the agent work lies, maybe like legal services which is off limits). I am still canvassing law firms nonetheless (via email from Canada).

Is there any one better source of job listings than another? A change of fields is fine by me.

Any thoughts or advice or direction for this newbie? I'll leave it at that. If more info is required, just let me know.

Sassie

http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/Attorneys/attorney_name.htm

Tilleke and Gibbins is the oldest Law firm in Thailand and as you can see a number of their foreign employees are called " Legal Consultants" or "Partner" The law profession is a industry you can work with in Thailand but cannot be called a lawyer. Only six foreigners can have that title as they were grandfathered in before 1974.

Bangkok would be your best chance for work.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Thanks for that info. I am willing to consider anything that is available. Certainly not going to limit myself to the legal world (legal = stress but money too). A change of life is adventure and you only live once.

Sassie

I think many of the bigger hospitals such as Bumrungrad often are looking for translators, that might be worth a shot. Otherwise, English teaching is always an alternative.

Like sunbeltasia mentioned, there are certain professions you can't work with, but I think mostly you can get around that by doing consult business. Otherwise, if you have computer experience, you can always do like me and work through internet...:o