Japanese yen

my girlfriend will go to japan next month for 1 week. I would like to surprise her with some japanese yen. super rich in korat will give me 3000 yen for 1000 baht. Is this a good deal.

how is the rate in tokyo with the money changer. Is in japan a much better rate??  thanks for help

The general rule is that outside of the large international currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, etc.) you will get a better rate exchanging physical cash in the home country. So, you will almost always want to exchange Baht, both buying and selling, in Thailand. ATMs can also be a good option, but you need to ensure you know the exact fees, as fees can also make them a bad option.

If you are dealing with two smaller currencies, it can be more complicated (even including converting to USD to carry between the countries), but for Yen you will be best of buying them here in Thailand. You can look up the rates online for the different offices of Superrich 1965 (the orange one). If the rate in the Korat office differs a lot, you can exchange at the Airport Link station at Suvarnabhumi (if flying out of there and if you have enough time between connections). There are several currency exchange booths, including both the green and orange superrich. If you do this make sure you use one of the booths in the station area itself. These should have better rates that in the booths at the airport since they are technically leasing their space from the state railway and not the airport (who mandates fixed rates that can be quite bad for all booths).