Ride January 6 Th 2007

ray23

This is a rescheduled ride to Erawan cave, I forgot about New Years in planning the event and some of the guys going with us from Nong Bua Lampho, told us that about every 10KMS there were road blocks doing drunk driver checks.

Not wanting to dodge the drunk drivers for the weekend we decided to opt for next week. So we will leave from Lotus around 9:00 A.M. on Saturday. You guys who ride these rides are a chance to meet other riders in the area, so try to get out and meet some great people.

This is a rescheduled ride to Erawan cave, I forgot about New Years in planning the event and some of the guys going with us from Nong Bua Lampho, told us that about every 10KMS there were road blocks doing drunk driver checks.

Not wanting to dodge the drunk drivers for the weekend we decided to opt for next week. So we will leave from Lotus around 9:00 A.M. on Saturday. You guys who ride these rides are a chance to meet other riders in the area, so try to get out and meet some great people.

Ray

currently im out from TH but keep us posted what is going on and specially for what is happening in the March and onwards, i should get my Goldwing by Eng of February... :o

-Marco-

I am considering of going through the hassle of importing my Aprilia Falco and my Honda V 65 Sabre. I may bring them both to Singapore on temporary imports (there is a AAA thing you can get for vehicles which is good in Singapore and Malaysia and sometimes in Thailand. )

What kinds of bikes are on these rides.

The bikes vary widely, some are sports bikes others are cruisers from 200CC up. mine is Yamaha 535. The rides that I try to put togehter are kick back. But if you want to hook up with hard chargers they are there as well. Good way to meet other people who ride at the level you like then you can hook up with them for other rides. Me I putt putt cause that is what I like. Or for that matter everyone knows where were going if you want to put the pedal to the medal thats up to you, no one is going to be offended and I assure you more then likely yuo will find people who enjoy that style of riding.

Ok I will start posting these rides here as well, unfortunaltly I'm pretty limited as to how much time I can ride. But for some of the guys that go on these things 500 Klms is a short day ride. The whole idea is finding people to enjoy a great hobby with, at whatever level you wish to participate. I try to do this at least once a week with a group. the wives usually go and there is a lot of soccial interaction as well as the ride.

Edited by ray23

Ray23

Thanks flro the info. I do like to keep my 'fast" riding for the track. Here in the USA I did 18 track days this year, about 5 days doing the twisties in the SoCal mountains, and only got my wife on my bike once.

The reason for bringing the old dynasore bike (V65 Sabre) it is the only one she will ride on, and I still have to get hit in the back of the helmet (kay kabong elou) for lane splitting a bit agressivly.

Put Puting is OK on social occations, and I better get used to it, as the likelyhood of someone just pulling out on a wide open road in Thailand is close to 100%, and at speed that can certainly wreck your day.

Well you can still get thrills here at a lot slower pace, but some guy do ride extremely fast. Not me but speeds of 200 Klms do happen. The pain in my case jut lasts a lot longer these days LOL

All and all a good day ride, I was surprised I thought I had seen someone post that Erawan cave was 140 KMS past Nung Bua Lampho, turns out it is 94 Klms from Udon. So a lot shorter then I was anticipating.

Had three Brits a French guy and two Americans on the ride, so interesting conversation on the stops. The only thing I didn't like was all the passing. Scared the heck out of the wife can't say I blame her not much control from the back. So we just poked along about 80 or 90 on the way back. She is really scared from the accident we had last year had nothing to do with speed but if your scared your scared. I like for her enjoy these rides as well.

I had been before I had climbed all the stairs so I passed on that, but got a very tired wife back who explained there were 621 of them. If you go it is worth the climb to see once :o She got her chat with Budda and got my first string in Thailand, maybe it had something to do with the passing :shock:

The one Brit had a 650 BMW that he had purchased new in Bangkok and the only rider I have ever met that had first class insurance, purchases through BMW, actually wasn't nearly a expensive for the bike as I thought just little over 500K. On the Gtrider board there was a posting about them financing bikes as well. They don't have the cruiser style bikes I like.

To bad Honda hasn't figured out how to provide the same kind of service for purchase, there is a very nice 750 setting right here in Udon brand new, but cash only and that takes it out of my budget.

Well an easy ride and a good day.