It's Ok To Be Gay

Espada

Hi everyone, so long that I have no chance to check this post board. Still alive! :D

I search from the site and found a fantastic video. Gift for New Year :D

HAPPY TOGETHER :D ENJOY :o .

[<It's OK to Be Gay<[/url]]

Edited by PeaceBlondie
direct URL link removed

sure its ok to be gay! especially in thailand, thais are very open minded! unlike my country where you will be beaten with a big stick should you look handsome enough to even be considered as gay! a bit backwards the UK!

It seems there a lot of gay people in the LOS and i find most to be down to earth and very friendly, maybe a little too open sometimes! hehe , Me and my gf walk past a restaurant here everyday and a guy who works there is gay, even when I walk past with her he pretends to try and grab my ass, my gf gets so mad she asked me should I hit him or are you gonna do it! its funny, im a straight guy. I can understand why guys like the ladyboys also, this is a bit off topic i know. But anyway, just to let you know, even straight guys with open minds like me have gay friends and you should be comfortable with yourself! enjoy a nice gay new year!

2 Lookchin 1 Saikrok

sure its ok to be gay! especially in thailand, thais are very open minded!
I actually contest that. It may appear so on the surface but the LoS as well as the rest of SE Asia has very strict unspoken rules of behavior, and being queer is still unacceptable for many and the opposite of 'being a man' - i.e. having sex with women only.

Many guys can act in a very effeminate way with their families looking the other way but things change if the topic is actually being brought to the table.

The more I think about it, I find Thais on the average to be rather close minded - with exceptions, of course, mainly among the young. and those having spent extended time abroad and having Western friends.

Add to that things like the raid and case fabricated against the (gay) Spice Trade Travel company office in BKK a couple of years ago for allegedly running a sex tour business. Do some research and reading.

sure its ok to be gay! especially in thailand, thais are very open minded!
I actually contest that. It may appear so on the surface but the LoS as well as the rest of SE Asia has very strict unspoken rules of behavior, and being queer is still unacceptable for many and the opposite of 'being a man' - i.e. having sex with women only.

Many guys can act in a very effeminate way with their families looking the other way but things change if the topic is actually being brought to the table.

The more I think about it, I find Thais on the average to be rather close minded - with exceptions, of course, mainly among the young. and those having spent extended time abroad and having Western friends.

Add to that things like the raid and case fabricated against the (gay) Spice Trade Travel company office in BKK a couple of years ago for allegedly running a sex tour business. Do some research and reading.

Hear, Hear!!

• 6 months later...

The foregoing posts deal in generalities with all the inherent faults found therein.

From what I have observed in five years in Thailand, Thai "being a man" means being the top in casual gay sex encounters with gays and thinking nothing of it.

My Thai mate says that the majority of Thai men he has encountered willingly engage in gay sex after the gay pays for dinner and drinks and creates a good atmosphere for the Thai "man" to permit gay, sex as long as he is the dominant one.

There is a big difference between perceived " Thai societal acceptability" and what actually goes on.