Cheap Condo In Sukhumvit Area...

verito

Hello,

advice needed to find any cheap studio in a condo in Sukhumvit area with security guards.

The condo can be not close to Sukhumvit.

If until 10.000 ThB it will be fine...

Please help.

Permanent or temporary?

I have in the past got a decent deal in Sukhumvit Suites (13) There are quite a few empty apartments in that massive building and some owners are happy to get a few baht in even if only short-term to pay the way and make a bit for a few months.

Plenty of long term advertised on notice board in lobby.

10, 000 is pushing it more than a bit though .... anywhere in that area. The lowest I once paid was 14, 000 (4 months) in advance. It was ok, but no wifi, linen, cleaning or safe so decided to pay 20, 000 baht long-term deal at Grand President (11) after that.

You get what you pay for in that area and 10k 'aint paying much.

Edited by Beechboy

how long will you stay ? are you prepared to give security deposit plus one month rent in advance.  some prefer a serviced apartment that may not require these items.  they take a credit card as 'security'.  i know a bar girl that pays 2,200 for a room near bearing BTS.  try looking out that way.  

What exactly do you mean by Sukhumvit area? Anywhere along Sukhumvit? If you don't mind a bit of a commute, then check out the southern reaches of the BTS, as suggested above (Bearing, Bang Na etc.). I see quite a lot of fairly cheap studios advertised around On Nut, easy to find something < 10k for a 1y rental. A bit more difficult short-term, but still possible.

There is a very helpful group on FB dedicated to short-term leases: https://www.facebook.com/groups/toml.str.ss.bangkok/

Check out the older postings or post your own query - the response rate is quite good.

On 2017-07-02 at 2:08 PM, Beechboy said:

Permanent or temporary?

I have in the past got a decent deal in Sukhumvit Suites (13) There are quite a few empty apartments in that massive building and some owners are happy to get a few baht in even if only short-term to pay the way and make a bit for a few months.

Plenty of long term advertised on notice board in lobby.

10, 000 is pushing it more than a bit though .... anywhere in that area. The lowest I once paid was 14, 000 (4 months) in advance. It was ok, but no wifi, linen, cleaning or safe so decided to pay 20, 000 baht long-term deal at Grand President (11) after that.

You get what you pay for in that area and 10k 'aint paying much.

'That massive building' you are mentioning is Trendy - they basically rent rooms by the hour. Nowadays - around 6 pm the soi gets so congested with hookers and african drug dealers that it's difficult to even make it down to 7/11.

Would not recommend anything below soi 13 on Sukmvt (on that side) or below 10 on the other.

Edited by ThailandLOS

There are plenty of such places downwards of Onnut. Enter any side street walk a bit deeper and you will see them (have signs with phone numbers and other info on them). Even cheaper deals can be found inside smaller lanes off main streets.

BTW, a few days ago I saw a big sign on prominent highrise at the Onnut/Srinakarin junction, advertising monthly rates of 4-5 thousand baht. But beware! A dead farang was discovered in one of their rooms a few years ago.

17 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

There are plenty of such places downwards of Onnut. Enter any side street walk a bit deeper and you will see them (have signs with phone numbers and other info on them). Even cheaper deals can be found inside smaller lanes off main streets.

BTW, a few days ago I saw a big sign on prominent highrise at the Onnut/Srinakarin junction, advertising monthly rates of 4-5 thousand baht. But beware! A dead farang was discovered in one of their rooms a few years ago.

People die ,its a fact .

Liberty Place on Soi 22 (between Asok and Phrom Phong stations) advertises studios for something south of 8,000/month.  It's 600-700 meters into the soi, but within a 15-minute walk of a lot... less if you have no fear of death and take

motorcycle taxis....  

^^^ Some charge a 'profitable' rate and some don't but It's not particular to any class of unit.

In my place - LPN in On Nut, 10m (walk) from Sukhumvit - I pay directly to the MEA, via 7-11. There are studios here from B7,500 up, depending on size. It has security guards as well as card-key entrances to all the blocks. You might get a 6-month rent contract & pay a bit more but most are 1-year rentals. We also have a swimming pool and a fitness centre that you pay a bit extra for. LPN run the Juristic Person and they do a very good job.

The notice boards have details of condos available for rent or purchase.

as noted above, liberty place on soi 22 has a fairly convenient location but no amenities (except laundry service).  i think the lower rate offerings there are for thais only.  there is a farang surcharge of sorts but it includes maid service.  you can check libplace.com.  standard rate is for thais, service rate is for farang (and thais who want maid service).

Edited by buick

I dont think its unreaonable ask.

You would pay this amount per week in some countries and welfare they only give to immigrants these days.

You can live in suburbs for 5-7k and get the cheap 6baht bus into sukk

if you cant afford to live in Suk you cannot afford to party every night anyway

On 7/5/2017 at 8:28 PM, Tom Parkinson said:

No. I stopped yesterday afternoon and spoke with the manager. The standard rate is available to anyone.

i was told the opposite.  but that was a few years ago.  i had used the phrase 'i think' in my original post here as i figured they may have changed their policy or just told me a lie to try and upsell me to the higher rate.  i used to live at president park (the hotel) for a month or two at a time.  do you know if you can access benjasiri park via the new marriott hotel now ?  back when the hotel was the queen park, you could walk from soi 22 through the hotel, then through the park to access the BTS (or emporium).  liberty is really close to the hotel and it is probably the best quality stroll you can get to access the BTS.  not counting bldgs with direct access.  and i like a little walk for the exercise aspect. 

i walked through benjasiri park about a month ago and saw that the construction for the access point to the park looked complete but the gate was still closed. 

10 minutes ago, buick said:

do you know if you can access benjasiri park via the new marriott hotel now ?  back when the hotel was the queen park

I live close to the Marriott, so I had been keenly watching to see if they would reopen the rear park access. It was indeed open for at least several weeks in February.  But every time I've tried it since, it's been locked up. ?

'That massive building' you are mentioning is Trendy - they basically rent rooms by the hour. Nowadays - around 6 pm the soi gets so congested with hookers and african drug dealers that it's difficult to even make it down to 7/11.

Would not recommend anything below soi 13 on Sukmvt (on that side) or below 10 on the other.

Bahahahaha  what a load of shit lol.   they have posters in every lift showing less than one month rentals arrested by the police (real pics). Security at the door ,lift pass just to get through a second set of sliding doors just to get in to the lift area and thats where a second lot of security are and then you have floor only accessible lift cards and cctv on every floor

It has to to be the hardest building to get into on sukhumvit !!! 

And dont lose your lift card or you will be sleeping in the lobby 

Tell you what. Pm me and I will meet you in the lobby tomorrow and I bet you 10k there are no short time rooms, since there is no reception just security .. Gotta Suck getting caught out even on the net.

9 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Bahahahaha  what a load of shit lol.   they have posters in every lift showing less than one month rentals arrested by the police (real pics). Security at the door ,lift pass just to get through a second set of sliding doors just to get in to the lift area and thats where a second lot of security are and then you have floor only accessible lift cards and cctv on every floor

It has to to be the hardest building to get into on sukhumvit !!! 

And dont lose your lift card or you will be sleeping in the lobby 

Tell you what. Pm me and I will meet you in the lobby tomorrow and I bet you 10k there are no short time rooms, since there is no reception just security .. Gotta Suck getting caught out even on the net.

Well, the posters indicate that the building in fact has issues with this type of 'short time' rentals - and how hard is it to let someone have the card for an hour or two?

The building is an absolute cr*p hole, which nobody in their right mind would like to enter or even less rent long time. The entire soi displays some of the worst Nana has to offer - went by last night and the usual hoards of our hard working African 'friends' had taken over after 7 pm.

On the 10k bet you are offering - there is no way you can prove anything, so that's dead in the water. Besides, betting in Thailand is illegal - and so is most of the stuff that goes on in soi 13.

Just book a ticket back home. You clearly don't have enough money to do anything but "exist" in Bangkok. Then again, can you afford your plane ticket back? You're much better off in your own country receiving unemployment benefits.