Thai police to probe 14 more temples for corruption next week

webfact

Police to probe 14 more temples for corruption next week

BANGKOK, 3 July 2017 (NNT) – Police handling the state temple corruption case will inspect 14 more sites next week in Bangkok and the provinces in search of evidence to beef up cases based on irregularities. 

Deputy Commander of the Anti-Corruption Police Division Pol Col Warayuth Sukwat disclosed that most recently officers inspected a temple in Lopburi province where evidence of financial misconduct was found. The investigation led to plans to look into another 30 temples , starting with 14 temples by next week. 

Pol Col Warayuth let on 2 of the temples are popular sites in Bangkok and have already found to have had suspicious transactions tied to officials in the National Office of Buddhism. He noted that the officials were different individuals from those alleged to have taken part in the graft in an earlier probe. 

The division is to overall look into 460 temples nationwide. It will first focus on temples that engaged in suspicious activity in 2014 as the year marked the most prevalent instances of corruption with up to 700 million baht embezzled from the state.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-07-03

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police to probe 14 more temples for corruption

I would have been more impressed had the headline read

"Police to probe 14 more government agencies for corruption"

But the military would certainly never allow that to happen. 

I REALLY WISH that the Thai police would inspect the Thai Postal System (ThaiPost) because it seems to be impossible to send a greeting card, letter, or a small parcel through their system without it being lost.  I sent a Holiday card with 20USD and it disappeared.  I sent a small gift and it disappeared.  I sent a registered letter and it DID arrive so I know the address I am using is good.  Then I just recently sent another small gift and it has disappeared.  It must be like a big candy store to the postal workers when something comes from overseas.  This kind of situation makes it impossible to do business there when four out of five items are guaranteed to be pilfered and the only reason the one item made it through was because it had to be signed for at every step of the way.  I am left with only one choice and this is to add services to the cost of mailing that will make the postage cost more than the gift.  Will there ever be any relief...???

5 minutes ago, billmichael said:

I REALLY WISH that the Thai police would inspect the Thai Postal System (ThaiPost) because it seems to be impossible to send a greeting card, letter, or a small parcel through their system without it being lost.  I sent a Holiday card with 20USD and it disappeared.  I sent a small gift and it disappeared.  I sent a registered letter and it DID arrive so I know the address I am using is good.  Then I just recently sent another small gift and it has disappeared.  It must be like a big candy store to the postal workers when something comes from overseas.  This kind of situation makes it impossible to do business there when four out of five items are guaranteed to be pilfered and the only reason the one item made it through was because it had to be signed for at every step of the way.  I am left with only one choice and this is to add services to the cost of mailing that will make the postage cost more than the gift.  Will there ever be any relief...???

That is really bad Geez will this stealing lying ever stop If you cant trust the mail workers who can you trust?

In the United States we do not have this problem.  Every church in the USA has its finances completely off-limits to the supervision of government.  Once money goes into the church no one knows where it goes.  Now THAT is what "separation of church and state" is all about, I am telling you.