Holiday Visa For Holland

My grilfriend wants to visit Holland next april. And next februari I will be in Thailand and want to prepare all things for this.

The Dutch governemental website has this list of requirements

* He has a valid passport

* He does not constitute a risk to the public order, national security or the international relations of one of the countries of the Schengen territory

* He has sufficient funds

* He has medical travel insurance

* If he comes to the Netherlands for a medical treatment, he must be able show that the Netherlands is the most suitable country for the medical treatment

First I'm not sure what 'enough funds' mean. But on the Dutch version of this site the list is slightly different, there it says it's also an option for a 'personal guarantee' or something. And the insurrance, is it easy to get one in Bangkok?

Anyway, has someone experience with getting people to Holland? I really like to know!

My grilfriend wants to visit Holland next april. And next februari I will be in Thailand and want to prepare all things for this.

* He does not constitute a risk to the public order, national security or the international relations of one of the countries of the Schengen territory

* If he comes to the Netherlands for a medical treatment, he must be able show that the Netherlands is the most suitable country for the medical treatment

First I'm not sure what 'enough funds' mean. But on the Dutch version of this site the list is slightly different, there it says it's also an option for a 'personal guarantee' or something. And the insurrance, is it easy to get one in Bangkok?

Anyway, has someone experience with getting people to Holland? I really like to know!

I would start immediately preparing for a tourist-visa and not wait untill you're in Thailand in february. I suppose you know the website of the IND in Holland: www.ind.nl

'Enough funds' is also explained on their website but basically they also ask for a work-contract and/or prove that your girlfriend is 'no threat' to stay in Holland or other Schengen countries meaning that she has to show that she has a job and/or reason(s) to go back to Thailand.

You also have to 'prove' that you have a relationship by means of photos and/or correspondence (emails), how long you know each other etc. etc.

I will send you a pm as well.

cheers

LaoPo

Take a look at the site:

www.buitenlandsepartner.nl

it contains lots of information regarding tourist visa (Schengen visum) and information you might need further down the road like "inburgering" "MVV" etc.

Very active forum as well.

Good luck, Joop

• 2 weeks later...

We found the German embassy in BKK the easiest to get the Schengen visa from. Just enter & leave Europe via Frankfurt & go where you want. Technically, the visa *should* be issued by the country you will spend the most time in - but plans change... Their papers are quite easy.