Pray for Pattaya, Really?

Inspire

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

pattaya and jomtien are great value. condo with a pool for 6000thb/month. an hour or a night of companionship with a girl half my age  for 1000thb. beers in a bar for 60thb. sounds like it will remain cheap for years to come. its paradise.

you haven't checked the NZ/Baht exchange rate lately have you?

If the government continues it,s policy of harassing bar owners then Pattaya will sadly fade away as an exciting destination. Their policy of encouraging zero baht tourists just so that they can brag about the rising tourist numbers is failing miserably, added to which the fact that Pattaya is now swarming with the dregs of Calcutta, Bombay, the middle east, and China, is only going to make the appeal of Pattaya even less than it currently is ! Serious thought must be applied to this problem, as Pattaya is fast becoming a ghost town as far as evening entertainment is concerned. The Golden Goose is being totally ravaged !

10 hours ago, tryasimight said:

you haven't checked the NZ/Baht exchange rate lately have you?

i have a business in pattaya and have not had to take any money over to thailand. looks like this year was a bit slower and i might have to take a bit when i go over in sept. it is so cheap it does not make a lot of difference if it is 25 or 28thb to the nz$. 

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

Every Russian who purchased a condo before the collapse of the ruble has made out

like a bandit. Of course many have sold their units and repatriated their money banking

twice as many rubles at home than they spent buying the units.