where to buy crash helmet on Samui

I don't have a recommendation; I was hoping one of the 'old-timers' had an idea! (C'mon guys- that's a challenge :smile: )

If you do find something, please post as I would like to get a new one as well.

My plan at the moment is to wait until I get to either Bangkok or out of the country...

10 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I don't have a recommendation; I was hoping one of the 'old-timers' had an idea! (C'mon guys- that's a challenge :smile: )

If you do find something, please post as I would like to get a new one as well.

My plan at the moment is to wait until I get to either Bangkok or out of the country...

OK OK old timer here!!! :tongue:

Honda Shop in Maenam carries probably the best helmets on Samui... Usually a few types to choose from...

Up to about 2000 baht price range... can't think of the names off hand, but certainly better than "300 baht  type helmets" ...

• Like 1

^^ Also the Honda shop in Nathon had a few helmets in the other day - It's related to the one in Maenam. 

BTW - Between Nathon and Nameung  there are a few places you can try.  On the left past the old immigration there is a bike spares shop that sells mostly exhausts and cheap looking helmets , a new Yamaha shop, Kawasaki shop,  and a Harley Place that I seem to remember being recommended before regarding helmets?

• Like 1

Last time I asked at Honda Nanton they did not have but worth a look if closer for OP....(yes same family as Maenam Honda)

Other bike dealers may have too as mentioned... by Amusements ... never checked..but worth a look see!!

I think Maenam has a larger choice...

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 8:32 AM, samuijimmy said:

Last time I asked at Honda Nanton they did not have but worth a look if closer for OP....(yes same family as Maenam Honda)

Other bike dealers may have too as mentioned... by Amusements ... never checked..but worth a look see!!

I think Maenam has a larger choice...

Was there last week. Both Nathon and Maenam Honda had a few decent ones on sale (1-4k THB). Limited selection but they looked better than the Tesco/Big C models (disclaimer - I am far from being an expert)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I tried all the helmets at both Honda dealerships, they just don't fit my head very well. The best one for me hands down is Avex Teenage, BigC and Tesco used to sell them for 600 baht, but not anymore, real bummer. They are probably not as good as Arai, but I tested it with friends - we hit each other with a fire extinguisher as a part of a drinking game, and the helmet made it feel like a gentle push. So they're not a total flop as many people think, I just wish the strap and buckle held longer.

Well, anyway, will check out Kawasaki shop in the next few days, thanks for the tip!