Application for permanent residency at local immigration

Hi everyone,

I am applying for permanent residency in september this year. I was wondering if you could send your application with all requested documents at the local immigration (Rayong/MapTaPhut in my case) or do I need to go to Chaeng Wattana office for this?

Does anyone has experience to share with this?

Thanks

All the rules say you can apply at a local office but I am not aware of anybody being able do it anywhere else than at Chaeng Wattana.

You could ask about it at the local office but I am certain you will be told to do it in Bangkok.

Not sure if you will be able to apply in September since they have not announced when applications will be accepted yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roulax said:

From the immigration website, they announce quotas normally in august/september and applications are open from September to December.

I think last year was the first time they announced them that early. Many times the application window was the last 15 day of december. A couple years ago they did not do the announcement until January of the following year. Back in 2010 they never made an announcement so no applications were accepted that year.

Edit: Here is the announcement for the 2014 application done in January of 2015.

You have to apply at Chaeng Wattana which is a bit of a hassle for upcountry residents but at least they know how to do it.  If they were allowed to do, provincial Immigration offices would probably screw up your application, as is the case with citizenship applications in most provinces.  Citizenship applicants end up having to move their tabien baans to Bangkok to get the job done.

You will find a lot of helpful info in this thread

Ubonjoe is right about the application dates.  By law there needs to be an announcement in the Royal Gazette, following a cabinet resolution to open PR applications. The current government with its 'good guys in, bad guys out' policy is being proactive re PR applications and opened for applications early last year.  Watch out for an announcement from September in the RG, the Camerata thread, Immigration website etc or just call Immigration at CW.   

6 minutes ago, jimi629 said:

I have read about Dna certificate for children and wife?

Not sure if they are still asking for that. It was to prove you are the parent of your child when applying based upon being married and having children to get the lower income requirement.

If you married to a Thai you should consider applying for Thai citizenship instead of PR.

44 minutes ago, jimi629 said:

read No5, must be 5 years after PM:

5. They should have been permanently resident in the Kingdom of Thailand for not less than 5 years counted from the date they received their Certificate of Residence,

If you qualify under 3.2 it overrides 5.

I suggest you look at the last few pages of this topic.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Story-Thai-Citizenship-Applicatio-t121353.html

Yes, but I think I will not have the energy to go all through...

PR would be perfect for me, I live and working here for 15 years ( factory 200 workers ), married for 12 years, 3 children.

Just that DNA stuff makes me worry...