'Bang Fath a real mastermind of Krabi massacre : Pol General Chakthip

rooster59

'Bang Fath a real mastermind of Krabi massacre : Pol General Chakthip

By SITTICHAI SIKHAWAT 
THE NATION

9a18f599824a88510dc6ac401187383c-atwb.jpeg

NATIONAL POLICE Commissioner Pol General Chaktip Chaijinda said yesterday that the alleged mastermind in the Krabi massacre was not following orders.

“At this point, there is no evidence that suggests Bang Fath might have received an order from someone else,” he said. 

Bang Fath or Surifath Bannopwongsakul, 41, is the alleged mastermind behind the murders of Krabi village head Worayuth Sunglung and seven of his family members on July 10. 

“Bang Fath had a serious dispute with Worayuth after he failed to return land-title deeds to the latter. These deeds were initially submitted as collateral. But even after Worayuth repaid the debts, Bang Fath did not return the deeds,” Chaktip said. 

The two men made threats against each other over this dispute. Due to the threats made by Worayuth, Bang Fath had to move away from his hometown and faced trouble collecting repayments from his other local debtors. 

“Bang Fath then planned to kill Worayuth. Two previous attempts failed,” the national police chief said. He added that Bang Fath allegedly planned a third attempt on Worayuth’s life with Komsan Wiangnon, 41.

a6306238b653f8457e6302f6b7c92d39.jpeg

Bang Fath

The six other alleged accomplices were: Chalita Sangchote, 41, Prajak Boontoy, 36, Abdulloh Doloh, 30, Tawatchai Boonkong, 37, Arun Thongkham, 29, and Thanachai Jamnong, 41. Chalita is the only alleged female accomplice.

Chaktip spoke after he led the team to take custody of the suspects from the military. 

About 100 locals gathered at the Muang Police Station to watch the eight suspects when they arrived amid tight security. 

All eight suspects wore yellow neckerchiefs so security officials could easily notice them in the event they were mobbed. Officials also provided the suspects with bullet-proof vests. 

Many of the spectators were relatives of Worayuth.

Bang Fath appeared calm as the military handed him over to the Muang Krabi Police Station. The rest of the suspects looked stressed. 

Police later took all the suspects to a local court to ask for permission to detain them for 12 days pending further investigation. In a related development, a judicial official in Krabi has lately revealed that Worayuth was not the only victim cheated out of land-title deeds.

Anyarat Benhaphan, an official at the Krabi’s Justice office, revealed on Thursday that her office had received a report that more than 10 victims were duped into transferring the ownership of their land plots to him, she said.

Some of the complainants are Bang Fath’s blood relatives. 

Dang Samdang, an uncle of Bang Fath, said that he was about to lose his land because of his younger relative.

“He took both my money and my land plot,” the 66-year-old man said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30321438

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-22

This guy is a real nasty piece of work. Happy to screw absolutely anyone over, even his own family. Well he seems to have bitten off a bit more than he can chew this time, and I suspect he will have the next 20-30 years or so to reflect on that. Obviously the death penalty would be more than appropriate, though they seem to have stopped actually dishing it out in reality of late.

This happened to my father in law. 

He pawned his land, paid the debt. 

But the lady refused to transfer the land back. She then transferred the title to a relative after a couple of years. Then the relative sold it to a company, that reckoned they did not check ownership of the land before buying. Rubbish. 

For some reason my 80 year father in law lost in the court against a big paiboon company. 

He was forced to leave his home handed down many generations. 

41 minutes ago, greenchair said:

But the lady refused to transfer the land back. She then transferred the title to a relative after a couple of years. Then the relative sold it to a company, that reckoned they did not check ownership of the land before buying. Rubbish. 

For some reason my 80 year father in law lost in the court against a big paiboon company. 

Not an isolated incident either. 

Very sad for him and his family,  I would be out of the country when something happens to the woman, not lady. 

This 'Mastermind' is by no means a clever man as 'Masterminds' are expected to be.  A real 'Mastermind' would be nowhere near the scene of the crime and the people who carried out the crime would have no idea who the real 'Mastermind' was.

In this case there was no 'Masterplan', just an idiot who recruited a few more local idiots to go to someones house and kill a whole family.

This man is just a common thug who would sell his Grandmother for a few hundred Baht, swindle his entire Village and his own family and because he's always got away with his thuggery before he thought he was untouchable.  Some 'Mastermind' eh !

In any civilised country with a functioning rule of law, the utterances from this baboon of a Police chief would have been deemed to have seriously prejudiced the case against (at least) this suspect.

When will these fools ever learn to shut the hell up?

3 hours ago, rosst said:

Not an isolated incident either. 

Very sad for him and his family,  I would be out of the country when something happens to the woman, not lady. 

Thank you . 

I think happens to hundreds of poor people in Thailand . 

Some sod turns up and offers money for the guarantee of the land . The unsuspecting person pays the money and the crook refuses to sign land back . Usually the amount is 50 0r 60000 baht . 

With land value of 1 million up . Of course the only way to get the title back is going to court . The old and the poor cannot afford lawyers , so lose their homes . It happens all the time in Thailand . When will the government fix this travesty of justice . 

My sister in law bought a piece of land from someone in the village and let them grow rice there. A few years later they came to her with the purchase price and acted as if the sale was actually a loan.

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

If what you say is true and I have no reason to think otherwise, its time to reach for a 12 bore shotgun and dispense some real justice

Not easy easy at 80 for sure but that would have been my way forward

Maybe no good for me but maybe a help to those to follow

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

If what you say is true and I have no reason to think otherwise, its time to reach for a 12 bore shotgun and dispense some real justice

Not easy easy at 80 for sure but that would have been my way forward

Maybe no good for me but maybe a help to those to follow

Now there's another murder case. 

Same thing, the family pawned 9 rai with the land deed as collateral. 

When they wanted to give the money back, the woman did not want to transfer the title back. 

Is this case, the man did just that. 

He killed her. Land thieves are abundant in Thailand. 

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Now there's another murder case. 

Same thing, the family pawned 9 rai with the land deed as collateral. 

When they wanted to give the money back, the woman did not want to transfer the title back. 

Is this case, the man did just that. 

He killed her. Land thieves are abundant in Thailand. 

Excellent