Do You Read Newspapers?

ajarnmark

Newspapers in Thailand  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I read both, but I subscribe to the Post. Right now, I don't really believe either of them. I think there is a little shortage of true debate and probably a healthy dose of self-censorship and ingratiation to the current administration.

I wonder if you could rephrase the question- say, has either of the English language papers, in your opinion, even come close to the high objective standards of say, Fox News?

Then ask, do you think the editorial slant of those newpapers is pro-Taksin, anti-Taksin or 'can't tell'.

Perhaps also ask, when reading those papers, can you always tell which item is an 'op ed' piece and which is a news story.

Then finally, ask which is more likely to publish an article favorable to Taksin.

But- for the record- I read 'em both.

And to add- which do I believe? I believe them both. If the Nation has a front page headline blaring, "Researcher Shows Taksin is Devil's Spawn" and an 'important Thai Academic" being quoted with his grave and ponderous description of the similarities between Taksin and Old Nick- I totally believe that the academic did in FACT make that statement.

And to add- which do I believe? I believe them both. If the Nation has a front page headline blaring, "Researcher Shows Taksin is Devil's Spawn" and an 'important Thai Academic" being quoted with his grave and ponderous description of the similarities between Taksin and Old Nick- I totally believe that the academic did in FACT make that statement.

Slight diversion but the BBC had a Thai "Political Analyst" on the news this morning who agreed that Thaksin and his associates were the most likely culprits for the bombs in Bangkok. I found myself trying to analyse not his opinion but his loyalties. I think I've been here too long.

Slight diversion but the BBC had a Thai "Political Analyst" on the news this morning who agreed that Thaksin and his associates were the most likely culprits for the bombs in Bangkok. I found myself trying to analyse not his opinion but his loyalties. I think I've been here too long.

That's funny.

And I agree- not that you've been here too long- but that in this place where even the most 'basic' of human relationships has hidden dimensions that would (and frequently does) boggle the poor farang brain, yours is the only proper way of analyzing this kind of stuff. "Understand the loyalties."I like that, Lamphun. Think I'll quote ya.

I almost never buy a real newspaper, but I read almost every news site available ... even the Nation, I love fiction ;-)

I subscribe to the Post (old habit) but seem to prefer the Nation more now, they have become a little more critical on things

I always thought newspapers where suppose to be more ficton then reality.

In Australia we always reading about how bad muslims are in the last few years. Before that it waws the asian invasion lol

Whats next?

I always thought newspapers where suppose to be more ficton then reality.

In Australia we always reading about how bad muslims are in the last few years. Before that it waws the asian invasion lol

Whats next?

And before that it was the Greeks and Italians who were going to colonise Moonee Ponds :o