Residence requirements

Well I guess it depends a bit for what reason you need the "Proof".

If your Condo Building has an Office they should be able to issue you with a Letter confirming that you are a Co-Owner.

With this Document you can then go to Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien) and get a "Residency Letter".

This will cost you THB 1900.- if I am not mistaken.

The Condo might also ask for a small fee e.g. THB 200.- or so.

The "Residency Letter" is what you would need as proof of residency for example if you want to apply for a Drivers License etc.

With the above I assume you do not have already a yellow house book.

For opening a Bank account the Bank might be OK with your Thai Driver's License if you already have one, so nothing more might be required at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom9999 said:

If your Condo Building has an Office they should be able to issue you with a Letter confirming that you are a Co-Owner.

With this Document you can then go to Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien) and get a "Residency Letter".

The "Residency Letter" is what you would need as proof of residency for example if you want to apply for a Drivers License etc.

For opening a Bank account the Bank might be OK with your Thai Driver's License if you already have one, so nothing more might be required at all.

Never seen any govt office excepting a document for residency from the condo JP Mgr.

Residence registration and Residence certificate...blue or yellow book and condo title deed.

Bank account...only passport. Never seen them ask for any proof of address.

2 hours ago, Tom9999 said:

The residency letter at Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 is 300 baht - but, if the original post is about showing proof to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, they will want proof other than their own Residency Certificate (they have been known to issue those based simply on a letter from hotel where you may be staying).  

2 hours ago, Tom9999 said:

and get a "Residency Letter".

This will cost you THB 1900.

hope you are kidding; yearly extension cost = same as a simple residency letter ?

so, the yellow book and attendant ID card may or may not suffice ? another in a string of double/triple trips; go ask first, get one answer; get the docs; go ask again, get another answer....

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

Never seen any govt office excepting a document for residency from the condo JP Mgr.

Earlier this month Jomtien immigration accepted a letter from the JP of the condo where I was staying as residence proof when I went to extend my permission to stay. Two days later, they issued a residence certificate based on only a photocopy of the original JP letter!

3 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Hello, can I know how to get the yellow book ?

Depends  where you live, some Amphur's will give issue them easily with a minimum of proof, others make you jump through hoops and provide almost as much documentation as an extension of stay.  So you have to ask yourself is it worth the trouble for the few times you will need it if your Amphur makes it difficult 

Most Immigration Offices will issue a Residency Certificate with just a utility bill,  so long as you do your 90 day report there.  Cost depends ; some charge 500 THB, some less, and some even issue them for free

I use Jomtien and they have only wanted a utility bill and 500 THB and have never mentioned a letter from my condo's office 

Edited by Langsuan Man

7 hours ago, Djw6 said:

I only need to show where I live, after being away for a year. I'll take my chanote and blue book.

That's all you'll need for proof of address.

You'll also probably have to submit a TM30 if you've been absent for a year.