A Spanish tourist has gone online to issue a dire warning to the Thais about messing up their country

webfact

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I posted a link to this story on another thread and now, instead of the original picture of this tourist on the link, there is a large red stamp saying 'BLACKLISTED'. 

Anyone know why?

My guess would be it was something he said

8 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

My guess would be it was something he said

Doesn't explain why the op picture remains the same, on the original thread, but has changed in the post I made linking to it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

This is just more Thais-feeling-good-about-themselves garbage, like the dross on their beaches.

Another foreigner who thinks Thailand is a paradise and so it's just what the Thais like to hear.

And the perfect topic where even they can pretend they care about something beyond the end of their own nose, the safe option: a dirty beach. No amount of cleaning will make Thailand a paradise. Stupid Spaniard doesn't know the meaning of the word.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, maxpower said:

Never been to Benidorm but a Google tour might swing my choice if looking for a family resort with some indication that those in charge actually give a crap.

benid.JPG.b75c6cdb8fae347193ae06c5951ea2a3.JPG

beni2.JPG.80b6875c448a3cd205c2be72f3dfa51d.JPG

Well done Maxpower. I pulled Benidorm out of the air as it was one of the very first resorts to accept package holiday tourists in the 70's and has obviously undergone a few changes since then. It had a bad name at one time when it was little more than a Brit resort in Spain. Seems I was a little harsh in my judgement. Great to see that the councils involved have made an effort to pick things up.

The overall objective was to say anyone calling Spain a "Dump" is either an idiot, has an unknown agenda, or just likes to talk crap.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 0:25 PM, HOOD Robin said:

Lad you're a laughable FOOL !  The guy is damned RIGHT and he admits he came for the FIRST time to Thailand. Were you the tough wise guy when you came here for the first time ?
Everything he said makes HUGE sense and he did it in a teachable manner, no offense meant ! But as we know here on TV are always the wise guys... sigh.

Your ranting about the Spanish beaches has NOTHING to do with what this guy tries to show the authorities here...  i hope that crazy tourism minister sees this video ! (although i'm sure she will neglect it like most hi so Thais, thinking they know it better and there is no money involved...)

You are spot on, but the tourist minister isn't the only problem.

There are tax money set aside for cleaning the beaches/national parks, but it vanishes before they could be used for the designated purposes.

There are millions of people in LOS making money without putting in labor.

It's called corruption, that's where the problem lies. 

There are simply not enough money left over to accomplish the taks at hand and if there would be, it would be handed out left and right at higher sums.

We westerners have to remember that money is priority No.1 and as long as there are no control measures set, almost everyone will just continue without any regards to human life, sustainable quality for Thai tourism, etc.

They simply don't care about any of it, when they go and buy their new car or 20baht gold chain.

Edited by KamalaRider

On 8/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, Happy enough said:

you probably shouldn't have said that. most people don't come for cheap sex and drugs or whether they are expensive or not. your 1st 3 sentences weren't far from the truth though 555

well it was a bit provocative but out of ten i have observed (, westerners), 7 are in for drugs or <deleted>.... which i dont condemn as it is not of my concern at all but then they should not complaina bout the side lines they bound to experience... pattaya was a fishing village and was build up to the <deleted>house for us soldiers... later the western sex tourist arrived and kept the cash rolling... isaans economy grew mostly because old western man married young isaan <deleted> [ this word  u can change to smiling girls, lovly ladys if u offendet but it does not change the facts]  in pattaya and signed them over yheir assets... this was all researched several times by thai university  and it is a mass phenomen... but a society whose one main export is the indirect sale of young girls will show a lot of other shortcommings that ur typical beer bar charly dont give a damn about....so business as ususl  at the lovely ladys capitol of the world

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, Happy enough said:

and to the Spaniard in case you read this. your dress sense is terrible. your sunglasses are cheap and tacky, your top looks incredibly camp. perhaps that's your thing. people here don't need advice from anyone that comes from a place that hasn't got it's own house in order

I don't quite see what his clothes  has to do with all of this... But he might be right (although I hope not ). When profit is number one priority and nothing else matters, things usually end up in a bad way. He's right in speaking up about it. We should all do the same whenever we witness something similar anywhere in the world. 

Do our part, that's all. 

I haven't trawled through all 27 pages on this topic, so apologies if this has been said already.

Did the Spaniard base his opinion on one holiday in one resort in Thailand? That would be like taking a holiday in Southend on Sea, then complaining that British people only eat candy floss, doughnuts and cockles.

Thailand is a huge diverse country.  I hear so many people base their opinions on a 2 week trip to Bkk & Pattaya.

That said, raising litter issues is never a bad thing...