CAT stuck a device on the wall.

phuketjock

20 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

How much are you getting for it on your property, think like a Thai in this situation ,

Probably nothing.

I was visiting a friend who had just bought a shop. A van pulled up and 2 guys got out and started hanging an advertising banner on her awning. Forget who it was for. She asked them and told them she didn't want. They said they were told to put it up. She then asked them how much she get for that. Answer is obvious.......nothing.

Told her I would cut it down after dark if she wanted. She just left it there.

So it's obviously low power consumption.  Can't be a booster.  Can it detect and log cell phone pings? Can it help track criminals more accurately?   Can it detect smart dollars in your pocket?   As an American I don't like it. 

Probably nothing.

I was visiting a friend who had just bought a shop. A van pulled up and 2 guys got out and started hanging an advertising banner on her awning. Forget who it was for. She asked them and told them she didn't want. They said they were told to put it up. She then asked them how much she get for that. Answer is obvious.......nothing.

Told her I would cut it down after dark if she wanted. She just left it there.

I guess she just not that interested (in you).

With over 30 posts and only one answer anywhere close, I guess these "smart city" enabling boxes aren't really doing their job.

Curiosity suitable piqued, I looked at a couple of Phuket smart city presentations that google dragged up and TBH, it all looked like a sales pitch with no time frames and plenty basic block diagrams but nothing really ball-grabbing. More like, "If we build it, they will come" which seems to work for 7-elevens and PTT gas stations.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

With over 30 posts and only one answer anywhere close, I guess these "smart city" enabling boxes aren't really doing their job.

Curiosity suitable piqued, I looked at a couple of Phuket smart city presentations that google dragged up and TBH, it all looked like a sales pitch with no time frames and plenty basic block diagrams but nothing really ball-grabbing. More like, "If we build it, they will come" which seems to work for 7-elevens and PTT gas stations.

It was described at post 11 22 30

1 hour ago, maxpower said:

It was described at post 11 22 30

It was described as 'probably' being something in post 11, no reference to anything in particular in post 22 and the link in 30, although very informative, is just another blog on the IoT and is as relevant to the OP's question as the couple of Phuket-related presentations on 'Smart Phuket' that I found. Anyway, with reference to these pseudo-autonomous beacons (my emphasis).

"Proximity data provides crucial insights on users’ interactions with mobile devices and the context of it, allowing everything from governments, local businesses and other stakeholders to better understand the citizen behaviour, which increases the chance of anticipating their needs, improving communications and increasing quality life."

Not too enthusiastic about the bold bits at all.

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It was described as 'probably' being something in post 11, no reference to anything in particular in post 22 and the link in 30, although very informative, is just another blog on the IoT and is as relevant to the OP's question as the couple of Phuket-related presentations on 'Smart Phuket' that I found. Anyway, with reference to these pseudo-autonomous beacons (my emphasis).

"Proximity data provides crucial insights on users’ interactions with mobile devices and the context of it, allowing everything from governments, local businesses and other stakeholders to better understand the citizen behaviour, which increases the chance of anticipating their needs, improving communications and increasing quality life."

Not too enthusiastic about the bold bits at all.

Hit me up and I will arrange a free tour of a CAT facility in BKK including a little insight into the CAT IoT commitment.

I would very much like to correct your probably, and my ref to anything in particular.

Hit me up and I will arrange a free tour of a CAT facility in BKK including a little insight into the CAT IoT commitment.
I would very much like to correct your probably, and my ref to anything in particular.

Morning max. You're the one that said 'probably' in your first guess and added little on your second. I'll pass on your nice offer to tour CAT but I hope you pay attention as some people may ask questions.