Airport To Autthea

Can anyone help me with information on a car and driver or mini bus and driver from the new airport to Ayutthea. We have travelled many times from Don Muang to Ayutthea and have used a really good driver (Somkiat 0850856647), his phone number no longer appears to be connected.

My wife and daughter (8 years old) will be arriving in Bangkok at 16:30 on 2 Feb and need to travel to her home in Ayutthea to resolve some family issues. I want to arrange reasonably priced transport so that they don't have to spend a night in Bangkok.

Can anyone help with some contact numbers?

Thankyou

Steve Dench

Steve, if all else fails, you could always take a quick taxi ride to Victory Monument (approx 300 baht) and then from there jump on one of the regular mini buses from there for about 60 or so baht per person.

If I was travelling alone it would be an option. My wife is travelling with our 8 year old daughter, after a 9 hour flight from Sydney she will just want to get home. Home is actually in the country outside of AngTong (Ayutthea province). Thanks for the suggestion.

The minibus from Victory Point to Ayutthaya isn't a great idea - there's no room for luggage.

I've never had a problem simply queueing up for a regular taxi and asking to be taken to Ayutthaya. (You need to make sure that they understand you mean the town, not the street.) The fare is usually about 900 Baht if you bargain a bit.

The minibus from Victory Point to Ayutthaya isn't a great idea - there's no room for luggage.

I've never had a problem simply queueing up for a regular taxi and asking to be taken to Ayutthaya. (You need to make sure that they understand you mean the town, not the street.) The fare is usually about 900 Baht if you bargain a bit.

Thankyou for your input. Were you paying 900baht from Don Muang, which is on an easier trip or Suvarnabhumi, on the other side of town?

Thankyou for your input. Were you paying 900baht from Don Muang, which is on an easier trip or Suvarnabhumi, on the other side of town?

The 900 Baht is from Suvarnabhumi - I've done it twice now. From Don Meuang I used to pay 700 Baht. This is probably a bit on the expensive side, but aftera long flight I never feel much like haggling hard.

The 900 Baht is from Suvarnabhumi - I've done it twice now. From Don Meuang I used to pay 700 Baht. This is probably a bit on the expensive side, but aftera long flight I never feel much like haggling hard.

Rates quoted on the SA Taxi stand list is 1000 baht to Ayutthaya and with AOT Limo it is 1800 baht.

see lists on Transportation page Boxers Airport Guide.

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/index.htm

Edited by Boxer

• 2 weeks later...