Holiday in Majorca (Mallorca)?

hackjam

rename yourself into mr. ballermann.

Contrary to what you think, it can very well be sunny and midly warm-or not.

What you else ask is impossible to get there, just as it is in BKK.

OR use a normal site/forum like tripadvisor.

Many thanks for taking time to reply but, for me, your post makes no sense.

Mr ballermann?????

I am aware of sites like tripadvisor, but I was hoping to get the experiences of board members, their advice has served me well in the past.

On 28/08/2017 at 3:04 PM, hackjam said:

Heading to Majorca for a few days in November, I know weather wont be sunny,

Why not? Majorca gets 300+ days of sunshine a year. You would be very unlucky if all your days were part of the ~60 that aren't sunny, even at that time of year.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:57 AM, hackjam said:

Mr ballermann?????

I am aware of sites like tripadvisor, but I was hoping to get the experiences of board members, their advice has served me well in the past.

Stay in cala d'or lovely beach crystal clear water and the bluest sea you will ever see. From here you can catch a boat taking you down the coast. After around 30 mins you stop for a walk around a small port with quaint properties and a coffee then come back. Also calla dor has a block where all the resturants are you are spoilt for choice. Hire a car at the airport. Going further south east the caves of drach. Over a million stalagtites. Lake underground where on boats 4 or 5 people play clasical music. After you can have a boat ride underground. North east is a very high view point worth going Cap Formentor. Look up rick stien.... lamb resturant we went very rustic but great. In palma catch the small train. About 1 hour going up and through the mountain tunnel. If stops in a village for a walk around then catch the next train and carry on down to a marina/beach bay. Have lunch. Look up google for train times arrive early very popular. Drive around the west side of palma all the beautiful harbours. Palma even has a C & A. And a beautiful cathedral. Walk around shops coffee and cake. And lastly drive to Valldemossa up in the hills. Walk around look shops have coffee and a must is their almond cake. Michael douglas owns a villa there. My thai wife loves mallorca and sangria. Paella. Alioli. Grilled sardines. She just loves it there

Hi, I lived in Mallorca for 34 years and November will be sunny in the day and cool at night. Mallorca has suffered in the last few years and you will find all the resorts are dead and very little open. If you require any more info please email me, cheers for now cliff hornsby

On 30 August 2017 at 9:57 AM, hackjam said:

Mr ballermann?????

Lived in Malorca 4 yrs back in mid 70s. On my boat in Palma. For what you want i would hire a car and just drive plenty placs to go. As one said, Porto Seler is very nice many small bars with rooms. Drive up the west coast from Palma and just stop where you like it, make your way all around the coast. Stay away from Magaluf it hums with piss heads from Germany and UK, fighting all the time. 

Some lovelly places on the other side driving down.

Or go on HotelsCombined.com you will have a huge choice. You can get the ferry out of Palma for Minorca, idiza, Barcelona etc. 

best luck i'm jelouse  

On 31.8.2017 at 5:57 PM, shaurene said:

Stay away from Magaluf it hums with piss heads from Germany and UK, fighting all the time. 

As far as I know Magaluf is "UK based" to the very majority.

The German hools are concentrated at the El Arenal beach, nicknamed "Ballermann" (as was asked about), "Ballermann 6" being the "top spot" to avoid :biggrin:

Better don't bring them together.

• 2 months later...

I like another places in Europe. I travelled a lot there and mountains are more attractive for me. I saw very much interesting places in the Alps in Austria and Czech Republic. By the way, the most comfortable and the cheappest way to travel there, is to rent a motorhome here http://polarus.eu . And you can go everywhere in Shengen zone.

Edited by Falter