This question goes out to all you farang married to a Thai national: Male or Female.

Is your name on the Tambien Baan where you reside?

Was is difficult in adding your name (HOW?)

Has it been beneficial? Is it easier for alien reporting?

Does adding your name to the TB change the status of a long-term lease drawn-up against the Tambian Baan. ( If your are leasing from your wife/girlfriend husband/boyfriend)

And one just for the ladies- Have you taken your husband’s name?

Thanks!

:o

This question goes out to all you farang married to a Thai national: Male or Female.

Is your name on the Tambien Baan where you reside?

Was is difficult in adding your name  (HOW?)

Has it been beneficial?  Is it easier for alien reporting?

Does adding your name to the TB change the status of a long-term lease drawn-up against the Tambian Baan. ( If your are leasing from your wife/girlfriend husband/boyfriend)

And one just for the ladies- Have you taken your husband’s name?

Thanks!

:o

I'm afraid Tabien Baan (blue) only for thai nationals. You can get a yellow registration book if you wish. Doesn't mean anything, but may or may not help at Immigration, driving licence centre, etc. Doesn't effect anything regarding a lease. It is just a confirmation of where you live.

No, not any Tabien Baan. As has been pointed out, can't get on the blue one (dark navy now) and didn't see the point of a yellow one. Is there a point to the yellow one?

And yes, I took my husband's name. But then, he isn't Thai-Chinese so has a reasonably short and pronounceable name :o

Is there an official name for this yellow book or is it simply "Tabien Baan colour yellow".

Has anyone used a yellow book to register a vehicle in their own name ?

Can anyone tell me the process of where, how, what documents needed, how much to get one ?

Thanks

Is there an official name for this yellow book or is it simply "Tabien Baan colour yellow".

Has anyone used a yellow book to register a vehicle in their own name ?

Can anyone tell me the process of where, how, what documents needed, how much to get one ?

Thanks

Sorry don't know the Thai name as it is not really even a Tabien Baan, but just a registration book for foreigners. If you live in a tourist area I am sure they will know from issue of condo registrations. You will need an affadavit from Immigration confirming your address and giving authorisation, 2 witnesses and turn up at the amphur office where you live.

Thanks Dragonman, but that opens up another can of worms.

I bought 5 Rai on a 30 + 30 lease.

I bought an old wooden house, had it dismantled, moved & rebuilt on my land.

I have no address, power or water. I've got a generator & a well. I dont realy want to get hooked up to the mains.

I'd like some kind of document that shows I own the house, also it would be good if I could use that document to help me register a vehicle in my own name.

The yellow book might do it.

Also Im not married to a Thai.

Im glad to report there are no condo's within artiliary range, so the local OrBorTor is no help.

So sounds like I need an address first, can I get an address for the land, then apply for a yellow book for the house ?

Thanks again

I have no address, power or water. I've got a generator & a well. I dont realy want to get hooked up to the mains.

I'd like some kind of document that shows I own the house, also it would be good if I could use that document to help me register a vehicle in my own name.

Im glad to report there are no condo's within artiliary range, so the local OrBorTor is no help.

So sounds like I need an address first, can I get an address for the land, then apply for a yellow book for the house ?

Thanks again

I am also trying to find out if I can have a document to show I own the house built on a leased land (30+30) and not married to a Thai.

Regarding a paper to be able to register a car in your name, etc. If you bring the lease documents to your immigration office they should be able to issue you with a letter in Thai ceritfying your adress and this document will be accepted (same as a hai Tabien baan) for car registration, driving license application.

As the Thai owner of the land I am leasing (and where I built a small shop/house) has a blue Tabien baan, I am trying to gte my name registerred on it also, failing that I will try for the yellow 'tabien baan' to show my name on a document at the local Amphur

Let us know how you get on

After building a 3 bed room european style bunglow , on 2 Rai of land ( channot ) costing around 900,000 Baht in total, I thought I would give it a go and try and get myself a yellow house registration book ( Torr Lorr sip Sam ) I know that having the yellow book may not come in too handy in the future but I like a challange so I thought I would have a go. The house is built in a small village / Ampur we asked the village poo yai ban about planning permission, he said here you don't need any permission to build as the Ampur rubbish collection truck does not come to this villiage !!!, ( don't ask ) So we ( the Thai wife the poo Yai ban and me ) went to the local Ampur offices with a paper that the poo Yai Ban had given us stating the house address in the village, we sat at the clerks desk and she asked the poo Yai ban some questions , he then signed a form and left . We sat there while the clerk made out I think about 5 or 6 forms, and my wife signed them all, the cleark then put a " Blue House registration book into a printer and then gave it to the wife... now we come to my request the yellow house book !!.... My wife asked the cleark if she could issue me with a Yellow house book ...? the clearks face changed from a smiling friendly yes can do any thing person , to a stone faced what did you say person!!, She got up and walked away to an office , and returned with a " BIG " thick book, she sat reading it for what seemed an hour, she then called over a second cleark and they went into a long dicussion we sat there like Two dummies for what seemed ages. while the disscusion was going on a woman at the next desk lent over to my wife and said..why do you want to give the ferlang your house...? my wife just smiled back in contempt .

Then the discussion finished between the clearks, and we were ask to supply the following items...

1. copy of my passport

1. copy of the wifes new blue house book

1. copy of our marriage cersitificate

1. copy of the wifes ID

1. copy of my Thai Driving license ( both car and motor bike )

1. copy of my private health insurance card ( Bupa )

we were also asked to show all the originals of the above items

well after producing all the copys etc, the wife had to sign another few forms, the cleark then said she had to present the documents to her boss, and would ring us at some time in the future ( well thats that I thought )

Well Two days later we got a call to go and see the cleark , so off to the Ampur offices for the second time, the cleark said this time looking more happy , can you please let me have .... English to Thai translations of

1. my Thai driving licenses

2. my private health card

3. the photo page of my passport

gulp .... here we are in a small Ampur out in the sticks where am I going to get the translation done...? so My wife asked the cleark can she do the translations as she speaks/ writes English...? the cleark just smiled and said I don't know just get them translated into Thai , and she walked away.

by luck in our village theres an internet shop that does translations and printing, so we got the shop to translate and print out offical looking copys,

and we returned that day with the paperwork as requested, we sat in front of the cleark for the Third time and gave her the translations as requested, she looked at them and said where did you get them done...? at the internet shop across the road the wife said, I thought again thats it good by yellow book !!, the cleark said how much did you pay...? 50 Baht said the wife, well off went the cleark into an office, she came back and said I have to show my boss the paper work I will ring you .

well again I thought thats it , my staminer was waining by now..... well Two days later the cleark called us, could we both go and see her now !!, so off we went for the fifth time . the first question she asked was ..what is my mothers and farthers full names...? then she typed some thing into her computer and asked the wife to sign a form, then a yellow house book came out of the printer...?, I thought no I don't belive it , the cleark then said please follow me, we went into an office of the " BIG " boss, he looked through all the paper work and said to the wife go to the front of the building you will see a donations box , please put some money into it !!!, when the wife came back , the boss asked her how much did you put into the box...? 100 baht the wife said. The boss then asked how much the house cost to build, he then looked at me and said in English here's your house book, thats it good bye .....

well I could not belive it after all we had been through I finally had the yellow book in my hand , so we made our way to the exit, just as we were going through the doors, the cleark who had done all the paper work came over and said, to the wife now your husbands got a house book may be you will need some insurance, i'll get my friend to ring you...? .

What I learnt from all the time spent sitting there in front of the ckeark was, don't loose your cool, just smile and sit there and don't over react to what you think is a silly request, and all ways expect the un expected. I think at this Ampur they did not know how to go about issuing a yellow book, Well thats my story , as with all things in Thailand at you can be given one answer to a question and ask the same question some where else and get a different answer ....

..... The BedPresser

After building a 3 bed room european style bunglow , on 2 Rai of land ( channot ) costing around 900,000 Baht in total, I thought I would give it a go and try and get myself a yellow house registration book ( Torr Lorr sip Sam ) I know that having the yellow book may not come in too handy in the future but I like a challange so I thought I would have a go. The house is built in a small village  / Ampur we asked the village  poo yai ban about planning permission, he said here you don't need any permission to build as the Ampur rubbish collection truck  does not come to this villiage !!!, ( don't ask ) So we ( the Thai wife the poo Yai ban  and me ) went to the local Ampur offices with a paper that the poo Yai Ban had given us stating the house address in the village, we sat at the clerks desk and she asked the poo Yai ban some questions , he then signed a form and left . We sat there while the clerk made out I think about 5 or 6 forms, and my wife signed them all, the cleark then put a " Blue House registration book into a printer and then gave it to the wife... now we come to my request the yellow house book !!.... My wife asked the cleark if she could issue me with a Yellow house book ...? the clearks face changed from a smiling friendly yes can do any thing person ,  to a stone faced what did you say person!!, She got up and walked away to an office , and returned with a " BIG " thick book, she sat reading it for what seemed an hour, she then called over a second cleark and they went into a long dicussion we sat there like Two dummies for what seemed ages. while the disscusion was going on a woman at the next desk lent over to my wife and said..why do you want to give the ferlang your house...? my wife just smiled back in contempt .

Then the discussion finished between the clearks, and we were ask to supply the following items...

1. copy of my passport

1. copy of the wifes new blue house book

1. copy of our marriage cersitificate

1. copy of the wifes ID

1. copy of my Thai Driving license ( both car and motor bike )

1. copy of my private health insurance card ( Bupa )

we were also asked to show all the originals of the above items

well after producing all the copys etc, the wife had to sign another few forms, the cleark then said she had to present the documents to her boss, and would ring us at some time in the future ( well thats that I thought )

Well Two days later we got a call to go and see the cleark , so off to the Ampur offices for the second time, the cleark said this time looking more happy , can you please let me have .... English to Thai translations of

1. my Thai driving licenses

2. my private health card

3. the photo page of my passport

gulp .... here we are in a small Ampur out in the sticks where am I going to get the translation done...? so My wife asked the cleark can she do the translations as she speaks/ writes English...? the cleark just smiled and said I don't know just get them translated into Thai , and she walked away.

by luck in our village theres an internet shop that does translations and printing, so we got the shop to translate and print out offical looking copys,

and we returned that day with the paperwork as requested, we sat in front of the cleark for the Third time and gave her the translations as requested, she looked at them and said where did you get them done...? at the internet shop across the road the wife said, I thought again thats it good by yellow book !!, the cleark said how much did you pay...? 50 Baht said the wife, well off went the cleark into an office, she came back and said I have to show my boss the paper work I will ring you .

well again I thought thats it , my staminer was waining by now..... well Two days later the cleark called us, could we both go and see her now !!, so off we went for the fifth time . the first question she asked was ..what is my mothers and  farthers full names...? then she typed some thing into her computer and asked the wife to sign a form, then a yellow house book came out of the printer...?, I thought no I don't belive it , the cleark then said please follow me, we went into an office of the " BIG " boss, he looked through all the paper work and said to the wife go to the front of the building you will see a donations box , please put some money into it !!!, when the wife came back , the boss asked her how much did you put into the box...? 100 baht the wife said. The boss then asked how much the house cost to build, he then looked at me and said in English here's your house book, thats it good bye .....

well I could not belive it after all we had been through I finally had the yellow  book in my hand , so we made our way to the exit, just as we were going through the doors, the cleark who had done all the paper work came over and said, to the wife now your husbands got a house book may be you will need some insurance, i'll get my friend to ring you...? .

What I learnt from all the time spent sitting there in front of the ckeark was, don't loose your cool, just smile and sit there  and don't over react to what you think is a silly request, and all ways expect the un expected.  I think at this Ampur they did not know how to go about issuing a yellow book, Well thats my story , as with all things in Thailand at you can be given one answer to a question and ask the same question some where else and get a different answer .... 

..... The BedPresser

Great post to show that things can get done in Thailand if you have some stamina. Even though of course they were improvising everything without having a clue about the official instructions :o I particularly like the request for the Health Insurance Card. I am glad the local office is concerned about your health, or was it just that after all that coming and going you didn't look too well :D

Thanks again

Do you have a receipt for the house purchase? As you have a house which appears to be fairly easily moved as long as you keep the receipt you should be Ok. However generally speaking you should always get a lawyer involved if building a house on someone else's freehold land as specific documentation will be required.

As Krub stated a copy of your lease plus probably a copy of the owner's Tabien Baan will get you an Immigration certificate, or affadavit if you really want a yellow certificate. An address and mail box will of course be essential!

Krub. If you have a permanent home built you will need to see a lawyer fairly quickly if you want to register it as yours under thai land laws. Really it should be done at time of buiding as of course you will now have to prove you built it, paid for it and it was not a gift. You cannot get on the Tabien Baan and the yellow document gives you absolutely no legal rights to ownership.

Dragonman, after all that sitting in front of the cleark for so many times She must have noticed the bag's under my eyes getting darker day by day, but as they say he who dares wins, it was a challange but as I said all ways expect the un expected here !!, I am just waiting to see if we get the phone call from the cleark's insurance friend...?

BedPresser ......

Krub. If you have a permanent home built you will need to see a lawyer fairly quickly if you want to register it as yours under thai land laws. Really it should be done at time of buiding as of course you will now have to prove you built it, paid for it and it was not a gift. You cannot get on the Tabien Baan and the yellow document gives you absolutely no legal rights to ownership.

Dragonman,

Sorry to be a pain but what will the lawyer do to 'register' my house as mine on 'my' leased land ? Is it registerred where the chanote are dealt with ?

I thought that after the 30 + 30 years leases the land and whatever was built on it would belong to the land owner anyway....

If the yellow book is not an ownership proof, and as I cannot 'move' the house and the land is not mine but only leased together with whatever is on the land, isn't it a lost cause to try and proof ownership of a house on leased land ?

Dragonman,

Sorry to be a pain but what will the lawyer do to 'register' my house as mine on 'my' leased land ? Is it registerred where the chanote are dealt with ?

I thought that after the 30 + 30 years leases the land and whatever was built on it would belong to the land owner anyway....

If the yellow book is not an ownership proof, and as I cannot 'move' the house and the land is not mine but only leased together with whatever is on the land, isn't it a lost cause to try and proof ownership of a house on leased land ?

Under thai law, unlike in most western countries, you are allowed to have absolute ownership of a house even if built on leased land. Of course in practice it will be difficult to move the property when your lease expires, but you can if you are not on good terms with the landowner, or if a financial compensation cannot be agreed, destroy the property. It is not that difficult to prove you built and paid for the property initially as you should have receipts, etc. However if the freeholder will not agree to the fact that you built and paid for the home it may be difficult. Details regarding house ownership should be registered as it will have a dramatic effect on the value of the land for resale. As I have stated in other threads, don't put much store on 30 + 30. Always consider it to be a 30 year lease and hope you're lucky.

This thread seems to have turned into an ownership/legal access topic, but I think there was an initial question about just registering presence too.

Is there a way (and any reason to desire it) for us farang expats, e.g. on one year permission to stay, to be registered as living at our spouses' property? Would this simplify or change any other official processes, such as driver's licenses, work permits, or whether our spouse is legally required to report our arrivals from overseas to our Thai homes?

This thread seems to have turned into an ownership/legal access topic, but I think there was an initial question about just registering presence too.

Is there a way (and any reason to desire it) for us farang expats, e.g. on one year permission to stay, to be registered as living at our spouses' property? Would this simplify or change any other official processes, such as driver's licenses, work permits, or whether our spouse is legally required to report our arrivals from overseas to our Thai homes?

The only way you can register presence is in the yellow document previously mentioned. It will not change any legal process except you will have to get an Immigration affadavit and therefore it should help in theory with the processes you mention. Then again TiT, and any Government Department can say the Document may not be up to date and request another Immigration certificate.

I'm afraid Tabien Baan (blue) only for thai nationals.

This statement is not entirely correct. Any foreigner with permanent resident status in Thailand is entitled to have his/her name registered into the blue Tabien Baan book.

Regards,

Bob

This statement is not entirely correct. Any foreigner with permanent resident status in Thailand is entitled to have his/her name registered into the blue Tabien Baan book.

Regards,

Bob

does having a work permit qualify as permanent resident status or is there more, if so, what?

Regards,

Bob

does having a work permit qualify as permanent resident status or is there more, if so, what?

Yes, Bobcat is correct of course. Lots of requirements Steve.

See www.thaiembdc.org/consular/

and read consular info.

• 5 months later...

To all,

I am here on a Non-Imm O Multi. Second year in a row. I not only have my name in the "Blue Book" it states I am the owner of the house.

Our local Land Department knows the property (land) is in my nephew's name (we raised him)

and I've had no difficulties whatsoever. They know who paid for it etc.

I am even now going to build to suit for other foreigners and inquired with the Land Department if they can have lease and or put their plot in Thai wife, GF whatever. Again No Problems.

In addition, I inquired could the farang have his/her newly built house in their name. No Problem.

Hope this clarifies and helps others.

I have a funny little snippet to add.

My company owns my house and the Ta bian Bahn states the name of my company as the owner. The name of my company is my first name followed by "Development Ltd." (in Thai).

When I wanted to open a bank account in Pattaya, I was told they needed to see the Ta bian Bahn. I tried to explain to my wife that my name wasn't in it, so it wouldn't be much use. She insisted that it would be fine so I took it down to the bank and they were perfectly happy with it. I told my wife again that my name wasn't there, but she said: "Yes it is - Look", pointing to the company name which, as I said, contains my first name in Thai.

I have since opened additional accounts using the same book, and also other places have accepted it as proof of my residence.

They didn't even ask to see the company papers which would show that I am the 49% and controlling shareholder in the company.

Don't make no sense to me - can some one explain?

Good job I didn't call it "Taksin developments Ltd" :o

I have a funny little snippet to add.

My company owns my house and the Ta bian Bahn states the name of my company as the owner. The name of my company is my first name followed by "Development Ltd." (in Thai).

When I wanted to open a bank account in Pattaya, I was told they needed to see the Ta bian Bahn. I tried to explain to my wife that my name wasn't in it, so it wouldn't be much use. She insisted that it would be fine so I took it down to the bank and they were perfectly happy with it. I told my wife again that my name wasn't there, but she said: "Yes it is - Look", pointing to the company name which, as I said, contains my first name in Thai.

I have since opened additional accounts using the same book, and also other places have accepted it as proof of my residence.

They didn't even ask to see the company papers which would show that I am the 49% and controlling shareholder in the company.

Don't make no sense to me - can some one explain?

Totally Cool, maybe some just get along or "Play well with others" better? :o

I am not even going through the company setup again. Seems I don't need to....Regards

Good job I didn't call it "Taksin developments Ltd" :D

C'mon people. The fact remains that as a farang you CANNOT own a house or property in Thailand. You may have leased land and build a house but the simple fact is that at the end of the 30 year lease it reverts back to the land owner. I bought my Thai wife 10 rai of farmland for her future and she took her house papers to the amphur to add my name. CANNOT! She was upset and could not understand why not since I am her legal husband. The fact is that you can own a condo but nothing else. Lawyers will write any contract that you ask them to write but they have no responsibility that the contract is legal and binding. Go through all the bullshit and have all the paperwork and and contracts written that you want but all you can own legally is a condo. The law is VERY specific.

To all,

I am here on a Non-Imm O Multi. Second year in a row. I not only have my name in the "Blue Book" it states I am the owner of the house.

Our local Land Department knows the property (land) is in my nephew's name (we raised him)

I am even now going to build to suit for other foreigners and inquired with the Land Department if they can have lease and or put their plot in Thai wife, GF whatever. Again No Problems.

In addition, I inquired could the farang have his/her newly built house in their name. No Problem.

Far from clarifying anything, I don't understand a word. :o

The Blue Book states you are the owner, but the chanote is in your nephew's name?

Right, no problems with lease and home in girlfriend's name, OK.

Farangs can have the house in their name?

I can only summize that the Land Office is the local hub for ganja use in your district. :D

To all,

Far from clarifying anything, I don't understand a word. :o

The Blue Book states you are the owner, but the chanote is in your nephew's name?

Right, no problems with lease and home in girlfriend's name, OK.

Farangs can have the house in their name?

I can only summize that the Land Office is the local hub for ganja use in your district. :D

D-Man ANYONE CAN OWN A "STRUCTURE" IN THAILAND!

UNDER THAI CIVIL CODE THE LAND IS A SEPARATE ISSUE FROM A "STRUCTURE"

"summize" isn't that related to "assume" or something in Latin? I don't know, I can "only summize"!

Regards etc.