American Pleads Guilty To Traveling To Thailand For Sex With Minors

sriracha john

As a update to the following Thaivisa threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=68920&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=74181&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=33992&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=749527

steven-erik-prowler-01.jpg

Thai policemen carry 57-year-old school teacher Steven Erik Prowler of the US who was arrested on pedophile charges, at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok in May 2006.

LA man pleads guilty to traveling to Thailand for sex with minors

LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man deported from Thailand after serving a year in prison for molesting teenage boys has pleaded guilty to traveling to the Southeast Asian nation to engage in illicit sexual activity with minors.

As part of a plea deal, federal prosecutors say Steve Erik Prowler also pleaded guilty to a federal charge of traveling abroad with the intent to have sex with a minor.

In pleading guilty, prosecutors say Prowler acknowledged paying a 15-year-old boy about $6 to engage in sexual acts in April 2005.

US prosecutors say Prowler was arrested in May 2005 after Royal Thai police, acting on an anonymous tip, set up surveillance and saw two boys leave his apartment in Bangkok.

Prowler, who taught English in Thailand, was deported last May after completing his prison sentence for molesting two boys, ages 15 and 16, officials said.

He faces up to 60 years in prison when he is sentenced May 14 by U.S. District Judge Robert M. Takasugi.

He was prosecuted under the U.S. Child Protect Act, adopted in 2003 to facilitate tracking sexual predators across international borders.

- Associated Press

Wonder what percentage of the farang population are child abusers? :o

Probably the same % in the population as any other group unless you think westerners have a pre-disposition to it either through nature or nurture.

I would hazard a guess and say most child abuse in Thailand is probably carried out by Thai's given the numbers and probability?

Just as it is likely in England most child abusers are English.

I will accept though that people like this creep above do travel to Thailand (and other countries in the region) as they think they are more likely to get away with it and it is cheaper due to economic circumstances.

Edited by Prakanong
  • Like 1

Wonder what percentage of the farang population are child abusers? :o

I know many farang that provide care and relief for neglected and abused children that are abandoned like stray dogs. And there is no sex involved, unless you call a woman's hug sexual abuse.

What's wrong with a man's hug?

(Are you woman enough for a real man's hug, Jet?)

Wonder what percentage of the farang population are child abusers? :D

I know many farang that provide care and relief for neglected and abused children that are abandoned like stray dogs. And there is no sex involved, unless you call a woman's hug sexual abuse.

True, Jas. Forgive me! Can I have two and kisses for the tresses? :o

Wonder what percentage of the farang population are child abusers? :D

True, Jas. Forgive me! Can I have two and kisses for the tresses? :o

Almost certainly, but what are tresses? (sounds Scottish?)

Awwww, my four favourite toys on this thread: Terry, Ducky, Farangsay and Grovie.

So, have you boys ever had the thought of ravaging a young person? Coming from a farang deranged mind, of course.

short answer,

no.

:o:D :D

:D :D :bah:

:bah::o;)

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that for wikipedia.

xxx, Jet

This is what he deserves.

Actually what he deserves is a fair trial.

What the children of Thailand deserve is good governance and regulation of teaching and other areas where perverts seek access to children. Including the ever growing 'Volunteer Industry'.

This is what he deserves.

Actually what he deserves is a fair trial.

What the children of Thailand deserve is good governance and regulation of teaching and other areas where perverts seek access to children. Including the ever growing 'Volunteer Industry'.

Agreed. Barring the usual knee-jerk reaction to nonces, which is understandable; the guy should be given a fair trial to prove his innocence, and also for the cops to present real evidence for a change.

Although with a name like Steven Erik Prowler, that might not be necessary? :D

I never knew that sex with miners was illegal? I bet there would be a lot of redundant ex-colliery workers in the UK would be miffed to hear this. :o Especially when they don't have much else to do. :D

the has pleaded guilty, what more evidence is needed

Is your memory so short Donz that you've forgotten the last American that pleaded guilty in Thailand?

Give him a fair trial. Just like you'd expect for yourself if you were ever accused of a crime.

The widespread cicumnavigation of laws, procedures and good governance is at the heart of why Thailand is so attractive to all manner of criminals.

the has pleaded guilty, what more evidence is needed

Is your memory so short Donz that you've forgotten the last American that pleaded guilty in Thailand?

Give him a fair trial. Just like you'd expect for yourself if you were ever accused of a crime.

The widespread cicumnavigation of laws, procedures and good governance is at the heart of why Thailand is so attractive to all manner of criminals.

Off with his head.