Recent Rain

Lickey

Where i live its 50ks south of the Mekong river and 100ks NW of Udon Thani, Its rained for 5 days now, not the big summer monsoon rain but rain or drizzle nearly all the time, im sure its good for the farm cos i dont have to run the overnight sprinklers in the Papaya,banana and salad beds, but its the cold weather im thinking about, its around 10celsius all the the time,night and day, we do have problems in the Papaya plants, some bugs, i dont know, perhaps this cold will kill them off?but when things get back to normal, weather wise, i think that normally dormant things will blossom, eg weeds,insects,bugs.aphids ect, and will multiply quickly, any thoughts on this? Cheers Lickey,,

Where i live its 50ks south of the Mekong river and 100ks NW of Udon Thani, Its rained for 5 days now, not the big summer monsoon rain but rain or drizzle nearly all the time, im sure its good for the farm cos i dont have to run the overnight sprinklers in the Papaya,banana and salad beds, but its the cold weather im thinking about, its around 10celsius all the the time,night and day, we do have problems in the Papaya plants, some bugs, i dont know, perhaps this cold will kill them off?but when things get back to normal, weather wise, i think that normally dormant things will blossom, eg weeds,insects,bugs.aphids ect, and will multiply quickly, any thoughts on this? Cheers Lickey,,

Lickey..

Our farm is not too far from yours...north of Ban Phue...15km south of Mekong and we have also been getting the rains...Yes it cuts down on the irrigation costs and all the avocado and rubber trees seem to be enjoying this cool spell...Every thing is really greening up and it is time to get the mowers out and start getting the grass out of the trees...

Stoneman