British Tv Documentary

bettytv

Hi everyone

I am a tv researcher at a company called betty. I've been looking at this forum and wondered if someone out there may be able to help me.

I'm currently researching a tv documentary for British TV (Channel 4)about British men who have found or are in the process of finding a wife from another country. We are looking to go further than the outdated streotypes associated with 'internet marriages' and find examples of strong and happy unions. It will be an insightful and thoughtful observational documentary for

an 11pm slot.

I understand that a lot of you will already be sceptical about this and about my motivations. There's not a lot I can do about this but what I can do is tell you why we want to make this film. As I've already said we want to go beyond the outdated streotypes of internet marrigaes. We want this programme to be a non-judgmental film told entirely from the perspective of the couple. We would like the women and their prospective husbands to let us in on their journey and why they're making them.

I'm sorry if this isn't for you, but if you've embarked on a foreign affair or know someone else who has and wouldn't mind having a chat with me then please contact me at [email protected] or call me on +44(0)207 290 0660. All contact will be in the strictest of confidence.

Also if anyone could offer some advice about which introduction agencies are better than others I would really appreciate it as there are quite a few out there and it can be hard to tell which ones are the high qulaity ones.

Thanks for your time

Hedieh

Researcher

Betty TV

Email: not permitted, please send PM if interested

+44 (0)207 290 0660

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

I am a tv researcher at a company called betty. I've been looking at this forum and wondered if someone out there may be able to help me.

I'm currently researching a tv documentary for British TV (Channel 4)about British men who have found or are in the process of finding a wife from another country. We are looking to go further than the outdated streotypes associated with 'internet marriages' and find examples of strong and happy unions. It will be an insightful and thoughtful observational documentary for

an 11pm slot.

I understand that a lot of you will already be sceptical about this and about my motivations. There's not a lot I can do about this but what I can do is tell you why we want to make this film. As I've already said we want to go beyond the outdated streotypes of internet marrigaes. We want this programme to be a non-judgmental film told entirely from the perspective of the couple. We would like the women and their prospective husbands to let us in on their journey and why they're making them.

I'm sorry if this isn't for you, but if you've embarked on a foreign affair or know someone else who has and wouldn't mind having a chat with me then please contact me at [email protected] or call me on +44(0)207 290 0660. All contact will be in the strictest of confidence.

Also if anyone could offer some advice about which introduction agencies are better than others I would really appreciate it as there are quite a few out there and it can be hard to tell which ones are the high qulaity ones.

Thanks for your time

Hedieh

Researcher

Betty TV

Email: [email protected]

+44 (0)207 290 0660

What else have your firm done?

Hi everyone

an 11pm slot.

Thanks for your time

Hedieh

Researcher

Betty TV

Email: [email protected]

+44 (0)207 290 0660

what about the weak and unhappy unions?

Doesn't want to be stereotypical but then asks a question about introduction agencies.

'Nuff said.

Suggestion to Betty, get yourself a decent researcher! :o

My thoughts exactly.

The pitch started off reasonably well but the last sentence seems to indicate that the slant of the Documentary has already been decided - and the assumption already made that the only way Farang can meet Thai women for a long term relationship is via "Introduction Agencies".

Patrick

When she talks about "introduction agencies" does she mean the guy behind the bar, or the Mama San?????????? :o

Did ANYONE in the forum meet their partner through an "agency"?

Or were you out on the ground in Thailand, like I was.

"ooHHH!!! Betty" as frank spencer would say .. you really dropped yourself in it right at the end just when your carefully written and disguised plea was going so well ...

i would love for you to come and follow my story but considering i didn't meet through an "agency" i guess its no use ....

there are however three main agencies you may want to contact for your nice little programme ..

1) Nana's young loves dreams

2) Soi cowboy's meets cowgirls

3) Patpong's do you no wrongs

i hear these agencies "hook up " lots of falangs with foreigh girlfriends

Edited by Clip_My_Wings

When she talks about "introduction agencies" does she mean the guy behind the bar, or the Mama San?????????? :o

Did ANYONE in the forum meet their partner through an "agency"?

Or were you out on the ground in Thailand, like I was.

Rather ironic - I just noticed this Forum is Sposored by "ThaiLoveLinks.com" - so I guss they must feel there's a Market here for their "Product"!

:D

Patrick

Why all the skepticism?

Is there money in it?

Beachcombing ain’t what it used to be and if there is some money to be made I’d be interested.

Unfortunately my present situation with Ms and Baby Beach is just great so not of much interest, but before settling down I have had some interesting relationships that could make really good copy.

So tell me why the skepticism??

:o

Betty watch the last series of "Little Britain" then make it all up :D

Thats what TV normally is "fictional not factual"

Why just you don't read throgh some of the threads posted on this forum about love between Farang's and Thai's... you could change the names to protect their privacy :o

There is enough on this site to make a 24 part series let alone a one hour documentary :D

Oh my story you can have this for free.

Got Divorced

Came to Thailand

Met A Lovely Thai girl

Sold my business in the UK

Got married

settled down in Chaing Mai

Living happily ever after

Multiply that story by 5,000 or so because its the most common.

Good Luck

From 22 so far not a single one from dating agencies or internet. Not surprised! Think Betty is barking up the wrong tree, most people here are expats living in Thailand. Try back in the UK.

Why all the skepticism?

Is there money in it?

Beachcombing ain’t what it used to be and if there is some money to be made I’d be interested.

Unfortunately my present situation with Ms and Baby Beach is just great so not of much interest, but before settling down I have had some interesting relationships that could make really good copy.

Because until today I have yet to see one "fair and balanced" report about farangs marrying Thais. They always have a negative slant. ALWAYS!

This could be just a hoax, of course. But consider the broader possibilities in television and the films for a bit of fame and wealth as we show the world our own perception of Thailand. You can even imagine right now some of the titles:

Pataya Five-0

Midnight Soi Cowboy

Broke Back Pick-up

I'm and Ex-pat, Leave Me Alone in Here

The Gerry Stickman Show

And then we could cash in on the theme songs such as Chang Sunrise, sung, naturally, by the BG's. Then there's Hotel Nanafornia, written and performed by Tim Rice. Message in a Bottle by the Boys in Brown would be a real favourite.

The possibilities are endless. Maybe there's enough material for a tv tv channel.

I understand that a lot of you will already be sceptical about this and about my motivations.

I wonder why that might be?

How about doing a documentary on Spite and Envy, you'll not need to travel to Thailand to make the documentary and will find plenty of willing specimens within meters of your desk/front door.

They seem to milking this kind of "rich-british and lonely" scenerio at the moment....

This is obviously(if its not a whind-up)going to aimed at making fools of farang males living in LOS..

On that note,theres always somone willing to make a pr*ck of themselves for 5 minutes of fame....

No doubt this docu will reinforce the stereotype alot of people who i know,already have about thailand..

Got Divorced

Came to Thailand

Met A Lovely Thai girl

Got married

Here's another free story (not mine personally :D ):

Got Divorced (wife took everything except the underwear I was wearing) :o

Came to Thailand (as far away from the ex as my credit card could take me) :D

Met a Lovely Thai girl (that treated me like a king from the moment I met her) :D

Decided to live common-law with her (don't want another nasty marriage so soon) :D

Broke up with her the next morning (only lost 1,000 baht in the settlement !) :D

Met another Lovely Thai girl (that treated me like a king from the moment I met her) :D

Decided to live common-law with her (don't want another nasty marriage so soon) :D

Broke up with her the next morning (only lost 1,000 baht in the settlement !) :burp:

(repeat nightly until the bad memories from home go away)

Multiply that story by 50,000 or so because its the most common. :D

Do you want to Transform your Customer Service and Business for the Better?

Betty TV Ltd are currently working on a new Channel 4 documentary focusing on customer service the UK. We are looking to work with one company who is determined to change their customer service record for the better, increase staff motivation and improve the companies overall performance.

We will send in a renowned business expert to spend a period of time with the company, who will work closely with the management in identifying, isolating, and solving problem areas.

The experts over-all aim will be to develop the companies/owners ambitions, improve staff productivity and ultimately boost customer satisfaction. We are looking for owners/managers who feel that now is the time to make changes, perhaps you feel your company has lost it's way, or you are tired of customer complaints and want some new ideas in taking the business forward. Whatever your issues, as long as you have received poor customer feedback and are dissatisfied with your companies direction then it would be great to speak to you further.

For further information, contact:

XXX XXXXXXXXX

Researcher

Betty TV Ltd

24 Store Street

London

WC1E 7BA

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE! :D

Edit: Just do a Google search on: Channel 4 UK bettytv... :o

Edited by Noel

Got Divorced

Came to Thailand

Met A Lovely Thai girl

Got married

Here's another free story (not mine personally :D ):

Got Divorced (wife took everything except the underwear I was wearing) :o

Came to Thailand (as far away from the ex as my credit card could take me) :D

Met a Lovely Thai girl (that treated me like a king from the moment I met her) :D

Broke up with her the next morning (only lost 1,000 baht in the settlement !) :D

Met another Lovely Thai girl (that treated me like a king from the moment I met her) :D

Broke up with her the next morning (only lost 1,000 baht in the settlement !) :burp:

(repeat nightly until the bad memories from home go away)

Multiply that story by 50,000 or so because its the most common. :D

I knew a guy (not me) that came home from work and the only thing she left in the house was his toothbrush!

He deserved it too! He treated the poor woman like dirt. Som Nam Na

Quote from another Betty website* (about partnerships splitting up):

"Betty tv is an independant television company committed to making high quality,

challenging, engaging and popular documentaries mainly for Channel 4"

"popular" = high ratings.......... guess what kind of programme treatment gets high ratings? :o

Frankly, these days I wouldn't trust a Channel 4 commissioning editor further than I could sue one.

* http://www.divorceuk.com/feature/betty.htm

From 22 so far not a single one from dating agencies or internet. Not surprised! Think Betty is barking up the wrong tree, most people here are expats living in Thailand. Try back in the UK.

Why all the skepticism?

Is there money in it?

Because until today I have yet to see one "fair and balanced" report about farangs marrying Thais. They always have a negative slant. ALWAYS!

To be fair, I have seen one and it was recently. The programme dealt with three British women (white) who married a Thai, a Nepalese and a Zanzibarian; each example was fascinating and took a serious look at how the mixed couples got on; had to smile when the Thai husband said that he had decided he wouldn't marry at all in the next life!

Trouble is, that's one decent non-exploitative programme out of a dozen or more. Not great odds are they?

Why all the skepticism?

Is there money in it?

To be fair, I have seen one and it was recently. The programme dealt with three British women (white) who married a Thai, a Nepalese and a Zanzibarian; each example was fascinating and took a serious look at how the mixed couples got on; had to smile when the Thai husband said that he had decided he wouldn't marry at all in the next life!

Trouble is, that's one decent non-exploitative programme out of a dozen or more. Not great odds are they?

I saw that programme and it was very interesting to watch, even though the Bristish lady married to the Thai chap, showed zero respect when she went to see the monk(very short skirt and skimpy vest) but other than that it was very well made :D