VISA OA MULTIPLE ENTRY

hello all   a bit of advice needed....  i spend 5 months a year in Thailand my wife is Thai .. last year i got myself a OA VISA From Paris it cost 8500 baht i needed a rentry as i was leaving a few times during my stay .but this year want to stay full 5 months no exit . i had to send in all the docs they required inc show of funds in my French bank  i tried to apply again for October but this time because it is a secoind request they want proof of funds in my Thai bank which i have but cannot get the bank to send the proof that they need because it is in joint names   how easy is it to get a visa on arriving in Thailand to cover me for the 5 months im there  or is it even better to apply for a marriage visa  sorry if this seems as if i dont know anything about how visas work but i DONT   ha any help Please tks 

Has your OA visa expired already (enter before date on your visa)? If not you can do another entry prior to that date and get a new one year entry. The after that date you can get a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid.

If you have the money in a Thai bank you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement or marriage. The money has to be in an account in your name only.

For retirement you need the 800k baht to be the bank for 60 days for the first extension.  

For marriage you need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40 baht income.

You may be able to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the embassy in Paris. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue.

37 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

but this year want to stay full 5 months no exit

A single entry non-immigrant 'O' (Married) visa (90 days) followed by a 60 day extension of stay from immigration (1,900) baht would cover you for almost 5 months. You could also leave during that time, if needed, with a re-entry permit (1,000 baht).

As ubonjoe states the account needs to be in your name. As an OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so this visa would now be unavailable to you.

Another option other than the one above would be a 6 month multi entry tourist visa.

I used this visa a few years ago now before i applied for an OA myself

You will need to exit the country every 60 days or purchase a 30 day extension before you then do a border crossing and return immediately. This process can actually give you nearly 9 months

Also it can be a little costly and time consuming (doing a border run) but as i was travelling to Cambodia  also,  I just judged the dates to suit me 

11 hours ago, Dene16 said:

As ubonjoe states the account needs to be in your name. As an OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so this visa would now be unavailable to you.

Another option other than the one above would be a 6 month multi entry tourist visa.

I used this visa a few years ago now before i applied for an OA myself

You will need to exit the country every 60 days or purchase a 30 day extension before you then do a border crossing and return immediately. This process can actually give you nearly 9 months

Also it can be a little costly and time consuming (doing a border run) but as i was travelling to Cambodia  also,  I just judged the dates to suit me 

i had to read this a few times, you say an 'O'A' is unavailable, but a multi tourist is available, both have to be applied for in the home country. so why can he get one but not the other.

post #3 by elviajero is the answer to the op's requirements, sweet and easy one entry of 90 days followed by an inhouse 60 day extension. easy i would guess to obtain in France. if difficult to obtain, a tourist visa with a 60 day extension and a visa exempt entry and another 60 day extension if required would also do the job.

edit of course Ubonjoe's post may hold the solution

Edited by steve187

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

i had to read this a few times, you say an 'O'A' is unavailable, but a multi tourist is available, both have to be applied for in the home country. so why can he get one but not the other.

He cannot get the OA visa because the thai consulate has informed him that the money needs to be in a thai bank account (due to a second application), which he has, but is in joint names (it must be in his sole name)

To change that he would need to enter Thailand  and therefore would no longer be in his home country

At no time did i state that the other options were not easier but simply offering options if his plans were to differ and wanted to stay longer whilst travelling

It is not totally clear but seems that he is reapplying for his OA visa that has either lapsed and reapplying or trying to apply for extension while not in Thailand 

If he had the available time he could simply return to Thailand change his account and just renew but obviously that is not possible 

• Like 1

hey thanks everyone for the comments ..just to clear up a few things last year got visa from paris with proof of funds in my french bank   no probs but this year they want proof of funds in Thai bank which i also have but cannot get bank to send info  my visa runs out on 2 Nov i arrive on 26 Oct i dont need a re entry this time as i plan to stay till 2 april   need to do something as soon as i arrive ..will i still get my 30 days as normal as i used to before getting a visa and just coming to Thailand   if i was there could go see bank and get documents needed but not being there complicates it thanks for anymore help ..is marriage visa an option got married there last year 

On 04/09/2017 at 0:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

Has your OA visa expired already (enter before date on your visa)? If not you can do another entry prior to that date and get a new one year entry. The after that date you can get a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid.

If you have the money in a Thai bank you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement or marriage. The money has to be in an account in your name only.

For retirement you need the 800k baht to be the bank for 60 days for the first extension.  

For marriage you need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40 baht income.

You may be able to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the embassy in Paris. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue.

no my visa will still be ok for 7 days after i arrive can this help  i also have an account just in my name ive kept   as one does eh   thanks for any help 

If you really have an unexpired O-A visa, you'll get a year from the date you enter in October.

I suspect your facts are incorrect because of what you said in your original post about needing a re-entry permit because you were leaving a few times.

No re-entry would have been required as long as the visa was valid, which you say it is until 2 Nov.

15 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

... my visa runs out on 2 Nov i arrive on 26 Oct i dont need a re entry this time as i plan to stay till 2 april   need to do something as soon as i arrive ..will i still get my 30 days as normal as i used to before getting a visa and just coming to Thailand   if i was there could go see bank and get documents needed but not being there complicates it thanks for anymore help ..is marriage visa an option got married there last year 

If you have a non-immigrant 'O-A' visa that has an 'Enter Before" date (expiry) of November 2nd you don't have problem. When you enter again on October 26th you will be given permission to stay for 1 year.

16 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

no my visa will still be ok for 7 days after i arrive can this help  i also have an account just in my name ive kept   as one does eh   thanks for any help 

They why did you tell everyone that it was in joint names?

why did you reapply for a visa that was still valid?

You need to be clear in your facts if you want people to help you as they are constantly changing, much of the advice here has been wasted due to the incorrect/lacking details you have provided

your sole account needs to have the 800,000 baht (not joint) in it but you would not need it for another year

38 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you have a non-immigrant 'O-A' visa that has an 'Enter Before" date (expiry) of November 2nd you don't have problem. When you enter again on October 26th you will be given permission to stay for 1 year.

this is good advice from elviajero however and please put me right if wrong elviajero . Is the visa expiry not dictated by the issue date, i know it had an affect upon me but was some years ago and can't remember why

I am starting to doubt the op's information

10 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Is the visa expiry not dictated by the issue date, i know it had an affect upon me but was some years ago and can't remember why

A visas validity starts from the date it is issued. For a OA visa it is 1 year. For example if one was issued today it would be valid for entry until September 6th of 2018 and that date would be shown as the enter before date on the visa.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dene16 said:

They why did you tell everyone that it was in joint names?

why did you reapply for a visa that was still valid?

You need to be clear in your facts if you want people to help you as they are constantly changing, much of the advice here has been wasted due to the incorrect/lacking details you have provided

your sole account needs to have the 800,000 baht (not joint) in it but you would not need it for another year

this is good advice from elviajero however and please put me right if wrong elviajero . Is the visa expiry not dictated by the issue date, i know it had an affect upon me but was some years ago and can't remember why

I am starting to doubt the op's information

info correct Dene 16  i have the visa in front of me now  ok issue date 3 nov 2016  re enter before 2 nov 2017 ..does that mean this will still be able to be used for this year  if so will it be at the airport the 12 months will be given in my passport or a paper to state this   ok i have an account in joint name with my wife that paris would not accept ...i have an account in my name in another bank JUST MY NAME  that i do not have internet access to hope that clears the point that you have made tks

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A visas validity starts from the date it is issued. For a OA visa it is 1 year. For example if one was issued today it would be valid for entry until September 6th of 2018 and that date would be shown as the enter before date on the visa.

issue 3 nov 2016  re entry before 2 nov   im looking at this as i write   what do you think will it be ok  tks

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

tks mate re enter before 2 nov is on visa 

4 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

info correct Dene 16  i have the visa in front of me now  ok issue date 3 nov 2016  re enter before 2 nov 2017 ..does that mean this will still be able to be used for this year  if so will it be at the airport the 12 months will be given in my passport or a paper to state this   ok i have an account in joint name with my wife that paris would not accept ...i have an account in my name in another bank JUST MY NAME  that i do not have internet access to hope that clears the point that you have made tks

was the 're' infront of 'visa' in your first line a mistake.

if the visa expires on 2nd of Nov, then any entry into Thailand up to and including that date will give you a one year permission to stay stamp, if you leave Thailand during this time a re-entry permit wil be required to keep this permission to stay stamp alive.

Edited by steve187

5 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

i have the visa in front of me now  ok issue date 3 nov 2016  re enter before 2 nov 2017 ..does that mean this will still be able to be used for this year  if so will it be at the airport the 12 months will be given in my passport or a paper to state this

As long as you enter the country prior to 11:59 pm (23:59) on November 2 of this year you will get a entry stamp with a admitted until date one year from the date you enter the country.

After November 2nd you will have to get a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid if you want to travel at immigration or at some airports on departure from the country.

You will not need to apply for an extension of stay at immigration or get a new visa in Paris until shortly before that last one year entry ends.

As long as you enter the country prior to 11:59 pm (23:59) on November 2 of this year you will get a entry stamp with a admitted until date one year from the date you enter the country.
After November 2nd you will have to get a re-entry permit to keep that last one year entry valid if you want to travel at immigration or at some airports on departure from the country.
You will not need to apply for an extension of stay at immigration or get a new visa in Paris until shortly before that last one year entry ends.

The OP asked the same questions I was about to ask.

Can the reentry permit be a multiple entry one?

18 hours ago, steve187 said:

if the visa expires on 2nd of Nov, then any entry into Thailand up to and including that date will give you a one year permission to stay stamp, if you leave Thailand during this time a re-entry permit wil be required to keep this permission to stay stamp alive.

tks mate

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

tks ..

On 06/09/2017 at 8:15 PM, TerryLH said:

If you really have an unexpired O-A visa, you'll get a year from the date you enter in October.

I suspect your facts are incorrect because of what you said in your original post about needing a re-entry permit because you were leaving a few times.

No re-entry would have been required as long as the visa was valid, which you say it is until 2 Nov.

yes mate i meant before needed re entry now a full stay from oct to april yeas 2 nov on visa for re entry sorry didnt make that clear tks

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes mate sorry my mistake 

• 2 months later...
On 08/09/2017 at 2:38 PM, threefurryfaces said:

The OP asked the same questions I was about to ask.

Can the reentry permit be a multiple entry one?

tks mate did this i got to swampy 27 oct ..as you said if before 2 nov would be ok ..YEP got 12 months   tks again