Meet the inspirational cop giving back to the poor in Buriram

webfact

26 minutes ago, pearciderman said:

Sorry, but your wife is lying to you on this matter. Education is free from P1 to M3 - not books, certainly not uniforms, not lunches. Yes, I have experience actually working in the schools in rural areas, and yes, I know what I am on about,

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop calling my wife a liar that is 1 thing she is not.

A school director who has nearly 30 years experience knows a damn sight more than a jumped up farang who knows sfa.

Also as i was employed myself at a school outside Mae hong son i was handing out school uniforms at the start of the school year, giving books pens pencils etc, preparing the lunches some days.

A fact that you are obviously unaware of the fact the government allocate 20 baht pay day per child for school lunches.

When you can get your facts straight please post again until then please stop talking nonsense.

Edited by colinneil

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop calling my wife a liar that is 1 thing she is not.

A school director who has nearly 30 years experience knows a damn sight more than a jumped up farang who knows sfa.

Also as i was employed myself at a school outside Mae hong son i was handing out school uniforms at the start of the school year, giving books pens pencils etc, preparing the lunches some days.

A fact that you are obviously unaware of the fact the government allocate 20 baht pay day per child for school lunches.

When you can get your facts straight please post again until then please stop talking nonsense.

It's a brave man who calls Mrs D a liar !!!!

Do you think he is really a teacher,  or just som Farang who came here and got a teaching job?

48 minutes ago, pearciderman said:

Sorry, but your wife is lying to you on this matter. Education is free from P1 to M3 - not books, certainly not uniforms, not lunches. Yes, I have experience actually working in the schools in rural areas, and yes, I know what I am on about,

Education is free to M6.(18 years old).

I wonder...have you worked at every village school in Thailand? You must have, otherwise you would not have called another man's wife a liar.

Although it's meant to be free, doesn't mean it is. Anubahn School in my city, for example, will say there is no place for the student unless the family pay an added cost. 

I have a friends kid who was refused unless they paid 10,000 for the year. I told a friend who sends her kid to my school that it's no good, she said she couldn't afford Anubahn. For poor families that is a couple months salaries. 

Like said earlier, village school education means nothing. A education from this policeman who actually has good intentions I would say is far better than a village school. Good on the copper for opening the school.

Edited by wildewillie89

13 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

A education from this policeman who actually has good intentions

Unless you've met him you really have no idea as to his intentions. It's a story in a Thai rag and you've swallowed it. Sorry but I don't buy it.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Do you think he is really a teacher,  or just som Farang who came here and got a teaching job?

Yes jip99 he is either a brave man or a stupid man,. you know me better than any one onTV.

I have been very subdued in my reply to him,.

He is just another 5 minute wonder who thinks he knows everything, when in fact he knows nothing about the education system here.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I think we need to take a step back lol.

1: all government schools behave differently in terms of costs - it's not a one size fits all type thing like back home. 

2: he teaches 10 students. I really do wonder why we are criticising someone for teaching 10 students. 

3: as for his intentions, even if they are evil, what difference does it make? Depending on his real position, the official paper test he sat  and passed would have either been similar or harder than the test many teachers cannot even pass themselves. So he clearly has knowledge he can pass on.

Even if it is to make the police look good. Seeing as village schools (the more likely schools to be free) offer an education you could get off a bathroom wall, then who cares? 

Edited by wildewillie89

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes jip99 he is either a brave man or a stupid man,. you know me better than any one onTV.

I have been very subdued in my reply to him,.

He is just another 5 minute wonder who thinks he knows everything, when in fact he knows nothing about the education system here.

You are right, my choice of words was poor. And for that I apologize.

But, if school uniforms are free, why then this article?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/633590-thai-parents-brace-for-higher-student-uniform-costs/

34 minutes ago, pearciderman said:

You are right, my choice of words was poor. And for that I apologize.

But, if school uniforms are free, why then this article?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/633590-thai-parents-brace-for-higher-student-uniform-costs/

I thank you for your apology, now 1 think my wife has corrected me on, is uniforms are only free for primary school chilren.

Maybe my post suggested they were free for all children, if i gave that impres

sion then i am sorry for a misleading statement.