Best And Worst Service In Los - Name, Praise And Shame

1Lucky

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pantip is becoming more and more of a nasty place in terms of service, goods on offer and prices...it's like multimedia Patpong in there :o

AGREE! Can you suggest a practical alternative venue for computer accessories and DVDs?

Good:- UBC customer services, forgot to pay the bill, reconnected within 30 minutes!!!!!

Educational travel centre in BKK, best sevice I have ever had!!!!! Now book everything through one of the guys there, he pays and I send the money later!!

Bad:- Bangkok Bank, no one has a clue what they are talking about!!!!!

All the dumb shop assistants who think farang are invisible and serve everyone else first!!!!

Pantip is becoming more and more of a nasty place in terms of service, goods on offer and prices...it's like multimedia Patpong in there :o

AGREE! Can you suggest a practical alternative venue for computer accessories and DVDs?

Fortune Tower :D Much cleaner and more organized and no "SEX DVD!!!" touts...for a long time Pantip had more hardware on offer than there, but now the gap has been bridged...even if Pantip would have some exotic part, it just takes too long to find something genuinely useful.

No service: Internet Service Providers. I have two: TT&T and CAT. When there is a fault to report, most times they cannot be reached.

Poor service: Fuji Restaurants. It does vary from day to day, fortunately the value for money makes up for it.

Unfriendly service: A lot of Family Marts and 7Elevens. It does vary depending on the store and shift, but very unfriendly stores in my area.

Good Service: Market stalls. Often too good.

I understand the problem about trolls but then so do most users of the internet. Just because someone on a message board says something is good and bad doesn't mean that the readers of it accept it as gospel truth - they are likely to weigh it against what else they have heard about this particular business/service, what other posters have to say about it and the record of the particular poster. Thus if someone recommended a particular service but was a newbe and that was their only posting people may well give it a lot less weight than say if Lopburi 3 had posted it. I don't think people generally are idiots and I wonder whether it really necessary to treat your users as children. If something is posted that is blatently wrong and left on then it is bound to be corrected by other users - and hence readers can then build up a balance view of something. If you censor all posts that are critical of things then you are considerably limiting the value of these boards which would be a real shame as they can be extremely useful. Its your product so of course you choose how to run it but I'm surprised the censorship goes this far - other messageboards such as lonelyplanet's thorntree don't seem to have this problem. The other point is that this view seems to be applied inconsistently by moderators. Recently I put a posting up about recommendations for xmas lunch and one of the posters criticised the bull's head. His post wasn't censored in anyway and other posters followed it by saying they liked the bull's head - a balanced and informed view was thus developed. Instead on here when I have posted a view opposed to a particular restaurant it has been simply blacked out. I hope this posting is not censored and that I am not barred as a result of it. I do think members should be able to express views about the content of the board and the way that it is run when it is valid to do so and I do appreciate your answer to my question originally.

Lucky

I agree with these concerns, it would be good to have some clarification on this. Particularly in the inconsistencies part - there are plenty of reviews in other sections which have negative and positive comments, e.g. that Bulls Head example and the Duke of Wellington thread in the Farrang Pub section. Even here in this thread the same could be said about the negative reviews of Panthip shops and so-on, yet the pub mentioned before is removed.

Need to do what's best according to Thai law, of course, but to get some clarification would be good I think so we know what can and cannot be said in here.

Here's a few for good service:

Carrefour - I had to return some fruit that was off and they took it back no questions asked. (OK they shouldn't have had off-fruit and you need to check the sell-by-date on some things, but anyway, I still like carrefour).

Jam Session - in Fenix Tower, corner of suk soi 31 - sells a good range of dvds. Not your usual films, but classic comedy series e.g. Only fools and horses, Open all Hours, Fawlty towers etc. They have the imported and the umm, 'cheaper' version too (but they're still pretty good quality)