Trucking Outfits

Does anyone know of a shipping or trucking outfit in Samui that could take a motorcycle plus a few boxes to Bang Bua Thong (just outside Bangkok) for less than 2 arms and a leg? I could go down myself to set it up but need to know where they are located or at least a telephone number. I've tried doing searches but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :o

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know of a shipping or trucking outfit in Samui that could take a motorcycle plus a few boxes to Bang Bua Thong (just outside Bangkok) for less than 2 arms and a leg? I could go down myself to set it up but need to know where they are located or at least a telephone number. I've tried doing searches but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :o

Ask a local where the nearest ETO (Express Transportation Organization, a govt enterprise) office is...They've shipped my stuff many times over the years..Last time, they shipped my bike from Chiang Mai to Songkhla for 2 baht per kilo.

Ajarn,

I was about to give up on getting an answer to this question. Thanks for the info and I'll get in touch with them here and see where they're located down in Koh Samui. Rather be in touch with them first because I have to go down and pack the bike and parts up before shipping. Been a pain trying to find the parts I need to repair it but a friend says he'll bring the head on his next trip from England.

Can't make the meeting this week, have to install my kitchen cabinets and got to find some granite for the tops. Say hello to everyone and will keep my eyes open to see where the next one is and see the group when I can make it up that way again. :o

Ajarn,

I was about to give up on getting an answer to this question. Thanks for the info and I'll get in touch with them here and see where they're located down in Koh Samui. Rather be in touch with them first because I have to go down and pack the bike and parts up before shipping. Been a pain trying to find the parts I need to repair it but a friend says he'll bring the head on his next trip from England.

Can't make the meeting this week, have to install my kitchen cabinets and got to find some granite for the tops. Say hello to everyone and will keep my eyes open to see where the next one is and see the group when I can make it up that way again.   :D

Oh, sorry! I wasn't paying attention to the writer .. :o

The last time I used them in Chiang Mai, about 6 years ago, they were located on the Super, just a bit South of the San Kampheng road intersection (train station road), on the right (West) side. Big wharehouse w/long dock on the north side of the building.

If you send a bike, they'll suggest you crate it...Good suggestion, I think. I watched them load and unload quite a few crated bikes while I was there, and I was impressed with the care they showed in moving the crated bikes around. Then, my 750cc bike cost 900 baht to build the crate. I used the crate again later for another bike

The government has been threatening to scrap the ETO for years because they lose money every year....It's possible they've carried out their threat, and under the topic of 'shipping via ETO', I'm now a dinosaur....again.

If so, my apologies :D

Good Luck :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Farang62, Got to get that bike (Kawasaki 900 Eliminator) shipped up here so I can start working on it. I've been riding this 400cc honda steed for the last few months and it's beginning to bore me (way too slow) and gets scary in bad situations when you don't have the power to get out of the way. :o Between wife and baby, time on this old computer, refitting kitchen cabinets, and taking care of the landscape, I just gotta have an outlet to let off steam. With the "new" old bike, I just may get to go fast enough to forget things. Used to go offshore fishing a lot in Hawaii but in Bang Bua Thong, there's no chance of that. Thanks again and remember: If you get into trouble, down shift and get around it. Have to think fast if you ride fast. :D