Extreme Comfort bouncy flip flops

Rc2702

My beloved crocs bust on me last week. Decent pair of flip flops but I always felt they were a bit flat and solid and not the most comfortable footwear.

I liked the style though, I searched for comfortable flip flops and I've tried a few but the best pair I have found, arrived today.

They have a 1 inch thick bouncy sole and they are called Crocs citilane flip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crocs-Unisex-Adults-Citilaneflip-Flip/dp/B01K1OBXSM

Not cheap in the UK between £21 and £50 a pair.

In thailand and the real deal and very comfortable. 50% off SRP at lazada. 795 baht.

Seriously comfortable flip flops.

Just now, roo860 said:

Can't go wrong with Reef brand flip flops. Have moulded arch, have worn them for years (not the same pair).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why did you not let us all know about your wonderful find earlier? I've had a look at those reefs. They look ok but these citilane looked the bees knees mate. All day long mate all day long

Crocs aren't flip flops they are a crime against humanity and the last bastion of those that have truly given up hope and on life in general. Further to that though those citilanes do appear to be thongs anyone that would pay £21 for a pair is certainly a flip no doubt about it.

Edited by starky

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

Can't go wrong with Reef brand flip flops. Have moulded arch, have worn them for years (not the same pair).

Have to agree with this....Costs about $45 with shipping off Ebay....Have fabric at the toe hold & good for well over a year - think the last pair quit after 2 years of pretty constant use....

Teva makes some comfortable soft ones......

5 hours ago, starky said:

Crocs aren't flip flops they are a crime against humanity and the last bastion of those that have truly given up hope and on life in general. Further to that though those citilanes do appear to be thongs anyone that would pay £21 for a pair is certainly a flip no doubt about it.

If Thaivisa had the equivalent of a Reddit Gold award, you deserve it - 100% correct. 

4 hours ago, starky said:

The shoes I purchased and which you describe as thongs are clearly flip flops. Thousands of top reviews on this particular pair of crocs. Comfort being the main draw and £21, less than 800 thb including delivery from lazada, cash on delivery too. For comfortable shoes, that's an absolute bargain anywhere.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

The shoes I purchased and which you describe as thongs are clearly flip flops. Thousands of top reviews on this particular pair of crocs. Comfort being the main draw and £21, less than 800 thb including delivery from lazada, cash on delivery too. For comfortable shoes, that's an absolute bargain anywhere.

Ah yes but the reason you bought I believe was that " your beloved crocs bust" now crocs aren't flip flops but thongs certainly are :sleep:

Just now, starky said:

Ah yes but the reason you bought I believe was that " your beloved crocs bust" now crocs aren't flip flops but thongs certainly are :sleep:

No mate they were crocs flip flops. That's why I said; decent pair of flip flops in the OP. Shouldda gone to chareon optical

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No mate they were crocs flip flops. That's why I said; decent pair of flip flops in the OP. Shouldda gone to chareon optical

My apologies then mate but not about crocs cos they are still <deleted> dreadful

Just now, starky said:

My apologies then mate but not about crocs cos they are still <deleted> dreadful

Ok no probs. The crocs you speak of. Look awful I agree but they  are clogs clogs. Not flip flops. Completely different shoes. I'll use pictures in future. May save you some time. My apologies.

Beware Lazada, I bought some presumably genuine Nike Trainers (my first pair of trainers in my 65 year life) from Lazada. Very comfortable but now the black rubber pieces that are glued to the soles are falling off, not what I expected with genuine Nike, so I can only assume they may be fake. My Crocs I bought about 3 years ago in England are still going strong, they were made in Vietnam I believe.

I can't believe the prices some have said they've paid just for flip flops (UK) or thongs (Oz)!

The pair I wear virtually all the time when in Thailand and much of the time during summer in the UK are branded "R&M Sport Support." Very comfortable foamed rubber insole, treaded rubber outer sole, fabric /imitation leather between the toes strap.

I bought them over 5 years ago in Big C; can't remember the exact price, but it was less than 100 baht and they're still as comfortable now as they were then and have years of life left in them.

I can never understand why people pay extra for a brand name when cheaper alternatives which are just as good exist.

11 hours ago, starky said:

Be careful you do not succumb to apoplexy. I mean, getting choleric over a humble sandal is a bit over the top, n'est ce pas?

ICBM's are being fired over Japan as we speak. Perhaps some perspective is in order.

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I can't believe the prices some have said they've paid just for flip flops (UK) or thongs (Oz)!

The pair I wear virtually all the time when in Thailand and much of the time during summer in the UK are branded "R&M Sport Support." Very comfortable foamed rubber insole, treaded rubber outer sole, fabric /imitation leather between the toes strap.

I bought them over 5 years ago in Big C; can't remember the exact price, but it was less than 100 baht and they're still as comfortable now as they were then and have years of life left in them.

I can never understand why people pay extra for a brand name when cheaper alternatives which are just as good exist.

I swear by fitflops.....but the older model of those were softer and more comfortable.

I just ordered leather ones from Olukai but since they didn't ship fast enough i cancelled the order.

Did anyone here try them? Are they any good?

49 minutes ago, hocuspocus said:

Beware Lazada, I bought some presumably genuine Nike Trainers (my first pair of trainers in my 65 year life) from Lazada. Very comfortable but now the black rubber pieces that are glued to the soles are falling off, not what I expected with genuine Nike, so I can only assume they may be fake. My Crocs I bought about 3 years ago in England are still going strong, they were made in Vietnam I believe.

Some of my branded trekking shoes and casual shoes brought from the US have done the same....Asia is tough on some glues for both shoes & furniture (one reason people are told to buy furniture here versus bringing)....

I knew a gal that opened a shop that had shoes bought & brought in, in bulk.....Most of them did the same thing just sitting on the shelves untouched.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Just now, hocuspocus said:

My 1st pair of crocs flip flops I purchased in thailand 4 years ago and they broke last week as I tried to walk in quick sand over my Mrs parents farm. Both thong attachments snapped. They were great and I used them every day outside. I see a lot of fake goods on lazada too but they appear to be being smart and renaming items:

Pume = puma - 1 example. 

The crocs I have appear genuine and appear very comfortable.

If these flips last 2 years I'd say that's good value. Time will tell.

My measuring of comfort is based on adidas ultra boost. If they are half as comfortable in the sole as ultra boost shoes then I'm very pleased.

I like comfortable shoes.

My 1st pair of crocs flip flops I purchased in thailand 4 years ago and they broke last week as I tried to walk in quick sand over my Mrs parents farm. Both thong attachments snapped. They were great and I used them every day outside. I see a lot of fake goods on lazada too but they appear to be being smart and renaming items:

Pume = puma - 1 example. 

The crocs I have appear genuine and appear very comfortable.

If these flips last 2 years I'd say that's good value. Time will tell.

My measuring of comfort is based on adidas ultra boost. If they are half as comfortable in the sole as ultra boost shoes then I'm very pleased.

I like comfortable shoes.

Was it the family's idea for you to try walking on quick sand before they did?
[emoji106]

16 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

These are good also....

Screenshot_2017-09-15-19-12-23-43.png

Except, possibly, if you have a cat.....

Waited, and waited for the Teva's to arrive....

Within 12 hours they had cat bites taken out of them around the outer edges....

Too raggedy to wear except in the yard.....They haven't touched them since....

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Was it the family's idea for you to try walking on quick sand before they did?
emoji106.png

It was a nightmare actually. The BIL can fix motorbikes but in their house is 4 broken down bicycles. 3 just need new inner tubes and the only one that worked was one with no pedals just rusty pins. I jump on it ride 1 mile to the farm where her dad's supposed to be. Walk 700 metres or so as terrain was too wet. Dogs then start flapping with the water, I'm commando at this point sweating like an utter biiitch jumping through bushes to avoid the rovers of water the floods have created. See a dog take his chance so phone and wallet in back pockets (completely unprepared) I start walking through and this sand starts tugging hard. First one snapped fairly quick. The nightmare was the pedal bike back on the rust pins which lasted about 90 seconds before the chain bust. A 10 minute job on a motorcycle to grab her dead turned into 1.45 hours of BS all going wrong. Strange, I was laughing for the rest of the day.