Bangkok cops promise to go after foul mouthed mother and son for insulting the police

webfact

Angry teenager fined Bt9,200 for shouting and spitting at police

By The Nation

dfea3d1aa8c5fcbe7f6ac6b08a5bc9ad.jpeg

A 19-year-old man was fined a total of Bt9,200 on Tuesday after being found guilty of a series of charges including shouting and spitting at police.

The man’s mother, identified as Sarawan, 38, was sentenced to one month in jail and fined Bt5,000 as she also committed libel acts against the officer, a Criminal Court ruled.

The man, whose name was withheld, was riding on a motorcycle and was stopped at a police road checkpoint in Thung Mahamek area on Monday. He was booked for riding without a helmet, driving licence and having no licence plate on his motorcycle.

Court heard that he refused the charge and started yelling and cursing at the officers. He continued his rant despite seeing that police were recording him. He also spat at the officers and challenged them to fight. 

He was arrested and charged with traffic violations and also defamation against police.

His mother attempted to defend her son by yelling and cursing at police. She was also arrested for defaming police officers.

The video of the episode went viral in social media, drawing negative comments from users.

The court reduced the penalties for both suspects as they confessed. 

The son was fined Bt1,000 for driving without a licence plate, Bt500 for driving without a driving licence, Bt200 for driving without a helmet, Bt5,000 and one month in jail for defaming police, and Bt2,500 for spitting at them.

The court suspended his jail term for one year and the man is required to report to a probation officer every four months for one year.

The mother’s jail term was reduced to one month and suspended for one year. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327153

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-19

10 hours ago, gilo said:

Having seen the video I was amazed at the patience of the police officer. While I did not understand what the little punk was saying, it did not take long to assess what his body language suggested and when he spat at the policeman he was lucky that he was not knocked to the ground. I suspect that because he was in his territory with his mates to hand and watch he was acting the big "I am". The mother was just as disgusting. Before mocking the policeman have a look at the video.

Indeed. I watched it on the tv news this morning.

If i'd been the copper I would of punched the pair of them out. And then given the boy a right good kicking....

Kudos to the copper for keeping calm...

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Angry teenager fined Bt9,200 for shouting and spitting at police

By The Nation

dfea3d1aa8c5fcbe7f6ac6b08a5bc9ad.jpeg

A 19-year-old man was fined a total of Bt9,200 on Tuesday after being found guilty of a series of charges including shouting and spitting at police.

The man’s mother, identified as Sarawan, 38, was sentenced to one month in jail and fined Bt5,000 as she also committed libel acts against the officer, a Criminal Court ruled.

The man, whose name was withheld, was riding on a motorcycle and was stopped at a police road checkpoint in Thung Mahamek area on Monday. He was booked for riding without a helmet, driving licence and having no licence plate on his motorcycle.

Court heard that he refused the charge and started yelling and cursing at the officers. He continued his rant despite seeing that police were recording him. He also spat at the officers and challenged them to fight. 

He was arrested and charged with traffic violations and also defamation against police.

His mother attempted to defend her son by yelling and cursing at police. She was also arrested for defaming police officers.

The video of the episode went viral in social media, drawing negative comments from users.

The court reduced the penalties for both suspects as they confessed. 

The son was fined Bt1,000 for driving without a licence plate, Bt500 for driving without a driving licence, Bt200 for driving without a helmet, Bt5,000 and one month in jail for defaming police, and Bt2,500 for spitting at them.

The court suspended his jail term for one year and the man is required to report to a probation officer every four months for one year.

The mother’s jail term was reduced to one month and suspended for one year. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327153

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-19

Excellent.

I'm no fan of the BiB but I must say that the cop was extremely patient, I have also seen the video and that vile POS got his come comeuppance, 9200 Baht may not be a lot of cash to us rich Westerners but I reckon it's a fair whack of money to that no doubt unemployed toilet mouthed scumbag. 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:30 AM, Gandtee said:

They should have been arrested at the spot for insulting behaviour, impeding a police officer in the course of his duties and breach of the peace. :saai:

Agreed.  We all know the reputation of the Thai police, but in this case, the policeman was extremely patient in the face of much verbal abuse and, to my mind, had ample cause to arrest both the young guy and the woman, who were both breaking the law in several respects.

2 hours ago, maximillian said:

As I'm not in FayBoo i cannot see the video but I wonder, did the cop act on his own behalf ?

A single cop ?

Normally there is always a whole bunch of them at work.

Certainly looked like just one cop. And some of the cops you see out and about on the streets of Bangkok don't look that scary.

That I'm sure is the reason he didn't get a good hiding there and then, which he certainly deserved.

16 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Indeed. I watched it on the tv news this morning.

If i'd been the copper I would of punched the pair of them out. And then given the boy a right good kicking....

Kudos to the copper for keeping calm...

Although they get criticized a lot, in all fairness, the Thai Police are usually very patient, calm, and diffuse situations like this. They put up with an awful lot and rarely react as many other police seem to.

Kudos where it's do.

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm no fan of the BiB but I must say that the cop was extremely patient, I have also seen the video and that vile POS got his come comeuppance, 9200 Baht may not be a lot of cash to us rich Westerners but I reckon it's a fair whack of money to that no doubt unemployed toilet mouthed scumbag. 

He also has to report to the police every 4 months as a price for his tirade and insults.  We expats have done nothing wrong and yet we have to report every 90 days.  :sleep:

2 hours ago, bleble said:

I have no respect for any cop and will never have They are just brainless slaves for retarded governments.

Who would you go to if someone stole from you, bashed you or committed any number of other criminal offences against your person?:wai:

7 hours ago, bleble said:

I have never needed help and will never need. I am not your usual coward.

That wasn't the question.  You are lucky not to have needed any help and I see you are a soothsayer as well.  I really hope you don't take the law into your own hands should anything occur as you will find how much grief this action will cause you and who you should have let deal with any problems in the first instance instead of playing the macho man.:wai: