The Thai Government Says I Must Go Away.

Looks like you need to get custody of your children. Then get a visa. Problem solved.

Exactly! Why can't he do this.Go to a lawyer.Get custody papers drawn up.lawyer takes to court.Done!

What is so difficult about that?Somebody please tell me...

Andy wants to be the martyr to the cause of Thai immigration regulations. Quite vain really and selfish. He's had a lot of good advice, but he's more interested in a bit of self publicity, he knows the Thai authorities aren't going to change their minds, but he's too stubborn or lazy to admit it and do something about it. When they kick you out Andy will you still post us? are you going to champion the cause of people that have been kicked out and are now in other countries? Do you think anyone will care then? No it will be too late, all anyone will say is 'we told you so' So get off the computer, get off your arse and go and do something about it. Come back and tell us how your getting on, we do care, but please stop procrastinating for once in your life! It's not a game. :o

Absolutely correct. Get your hippie ass in gear, stop crying that the man has it in for you. Your problem has been solved, yet you still whine like a child. I'm sick of reading your pathetic ramblings. GET A CLUE, CHEECH... PUT DOWN THE DOPE AND PULL UP YOUR FUKCING BOOTSTRAPS.

Write back after youv'e done something.....anything, besides cry about your plight.

Wimp.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps those that are having , or are about to have problems with obtaining the right to remain in this country to support wives and family ought to avail themselves of the services of one of the more reputable law firms that should be able to help them.

rather than banging away hopelessly at the door of an immigration officer on a power trip , let an experienced law firm advise you on how to prepare the right documentation and how to present your cases correctly and respectfully at the immigration office.

you might just find it works.

rightly or wrongly , attitude and presentation are all in this country and can change a power hungry government official into a sympathetic public servant before you can say kha pom.

I suspect that Andy does not have the fianncial resources to exercise the Lawyer, Amity Company, or Retirment Visa (he is over 50) options. As some of you seemed to have missed, his wowman of many years, is dancing in Bangkok and he has the son, but, not the cutody to go along with the son and this is what Immigration said no to. I think that I understood correctly! Again a lawyer for such an operation can cost. I would hope that he explore the sole cutody issue suggested earlier.

nobody has questioned / supplied answers for ,

who will pick up the slack when the ' Andy's ' are forced out of the country .

is there no concern for the numerous locals being supported by people in this situation ??

Kind of like when the stupid kid get kicked out of class, thus passing the honorary title on to the next smartest person. Class is getting smaller folks!

On a more general note, may I suggest to everyone who intends to make Thailand their home for the forseeable future, that they learn the Thai language! By that, I mean learn to speak Thai well, learn to read/write Thai to a reasonable degree.

It irks me that I meet many 'farang' who have lived in LoS for years, (often 10 or 20 years+), and can still only speak one or two words of Thai. What sort of commitment to the country does that show?

Learn Thai, understand (not neccessarily agree with) the culture, and you stand a far better chance of integrating with the Thai community. Make Thai friends (who can help you out in time of need) etc.

It's not difficult . . . especially if you have 17 years to do it in!

Simon

I hate to disagree! I speak Italian, German, English, some Slovenian and cannot for the life of me learn this language with a nasal drawl. Everytime I finally am able to say the word propeprly, I have to sneeze!! Part of the problem is that I am not a young boy anymore, the other part being the dificulty of the language itself.

Good point. The mono-lingual anglophiles are so clueless about languages. I am fluent in a second language that I leaned after I turned 20. It was damned hard work making all those funny sounds. I know people who have lived in my country of residence for decades who speak awefully, no matter how hard they try. It hurts my ear to listen to them. However they can be understood and function with the language in normal daily life.

Asian languages are tonal to a far greater extent than the european languages. They are just hard to master ! Give Andy a break. Also aweful != zero (I think he used that word)

I would like to offer advice, but this thread is so full of useless static and stupid arrogant "holier than though" people it hardly seems worthwhile.

1: Legal = 1 year renewal - period

2: There is no option for sub-50 male unmarried parents

3: The over-50 option is expensive and a non-option for many retirees

4: Bizarre unproven combinations of 30+30+30+60 etc. etc are pointless thought experiments

5: There appears to be no process for a human rights appeal to immigration

Basically, The Thai Government says "Andy must go".

Personally I think most of the posters here in this thread are just so up themselves that it is unbelievable. Basically, the attitude is "you should have known better, f*** off its their country anyway, your a lazy no-good whinging pom and get off your ass and get-legal (see 1..5 above)".

Good luck Andy.

Dr. Dweeb

very sentimental post indeed. on one hand i feel sorry for u and ur dependants, on the other hand i must say that u dug this hole for urself by simply not being aware of the conditions that apply. i guess it's time to wake up and look at all available options to get out of this mess. and believe me there are quite a few available.

good luck.

OK. I can't resist...

No! There is basically ONLY ONE (long term).

Andy is lucky to be above 50.

The solution is: 7.17 (5) of the New Police Order of 01/10/2006 (606/2006).

Now that more information regarding Andy's situation was posted, I am confident in saying his case is solved/closed.

(We still have to make sure he has got the Thai birth certificate of his child with his name on it).

BUT MEANWHILE:

Thousands (no doubt) of "solo" or unmarried Farang parents under 50 have NO WAY to "get legal" since 01/10/2006.

Child custody does not matter.

Money in the bank does not matter.

Monthly income does not matter.

They must get married.

Saddly it's not possible in my case (I am married and can not get divorced) and saddly my own government requires the agreement of my wife to recognize my child.

I can not bring my child to my own country (not more than 3 months under a complicate procedure of "sponsoring" that would not even be considered as a "family case"!)

So basically I look like a pervert trying to bring a 2.5 years old with me in the plane.

Sorry but it's serious!!!

(Since the mother is working here, she can not easily accompany us)

On top of all this, we would lose a lot of my income (derived from property rented out) (and our purchasing power too) if we had to live in my home country anyway.

Also: I did not have 17 years to consider my options before the SURREAL (cf. fatehr must be above 50!) regulations of 01/10/2006 were implemented, please kindly note...

Although I sympathise with you and I have seen your posts in the past, what you have written above is misleading and incorrect.

I am under 5o with one child, unmarried. I have sole custody of my child gained via the Thai courts.

I have obtained VERY easily in Singapore an O visa single entry 90 days. All I had to show was the court papers showing me being sole custodian. No income/proof of, was required.

I can extend this in Bangkok.....this is a little more complicated but is do-able, or I can just hop over over to Singapore for 2 days every 3 months for a new O visa

Kindly!

Please tell me exactly what part of my posts above is misleading.

1) NON-O?

To make things clear:

I regard a NON-O visa, even a multiple entry, as a TEMPORARY SITUATION/SOLUTION.

It's not a satisfactory solution when you are raising a child!

I know I can easily get a NON-O visa (Single entry anywhere and multiple entry at friendly consulates).

And, as things stand now, I can get "back to back" NON-O visas.

I know a multiple entry gives me, practically, a 15 month hassle-free stay in Thailand (w/border runs every 3 months)

I am NOT happy with that, let's be clear!

2) ANNUAL EXTENSION? (The only valid long term solution).

The new regulations Police Order of 01/10/2006 (606/2006) are CLEAR: must be ABOVE 50.

But: You seem to say otherwise??

Please! I am EXTREMELY interested in your experience.

"I am under 5o with one child, unmarried. I have sole custody of my child gained via the Thai courts."

Please: WHERE did you receive the information that you would be able to extend your non-O in BKK? It's definitevely NOT in (the letter of) the new regulations!

3) Situation with Belgium: Saddly it's 100% accurate and it was just re-confirmed today by yet another email from the Belgian embassy in Bangkok!

I can not recognize my daughter in Belgium if I do not have the agreement of my wife!

I can not even bring her with me without her mother.

(They did not say it but it really is obvious: the case will never be accepted in Brussels. Sponsoring of a 2.5 y old child without any family link: no way)

Some countries now allow DNA test as proof. Worth a try ?

Dweeb

perhaps those that are having , or are about to have problems with obtaining the right to remain in this country to support wives and family ought to avail themselves of the services of one of the more reputable law firms that should be able to help them.

rather than banging away hopelessly at the door of an immigration officer on a power trip , let an experienced law firm advise you on how to prepare the right documentation and how to present your cases correctly and respectfully at the immigration office.

rightly or wrongly , attitude and presentation are all in this country and can change a power hungry government official into a sympathetic public servant before you can say kha pom.

I suspect that Andy does not have the fianncial resources to exercise the Lawyer, Amity Company, or Retirment Visa (he is over 50) options. As some of you seemed to have missed, his wowman of many years, is dancing in Bangkok and he has the son, but, not the cutody to go along with the son and this is what Immigration said no to. I think that I understood correctly! Again a lawyer for such an operation can cost. I would hope that he explore the sole cutody issue suggested earlier.

is there no concern for the numerous locals being supported by people in this situation ??

Kind of like when the stupid kid get kicked out of class, thus passing the honorary title on to the next smartest person. Class is getting smaller folks!

On a more general note, may I suggest to everyone who intends to make Thailand their home for the forseeable future, that they learn the Thai language! By that, I mean learn to speak Thai well, learn to read/write Thai to a reasonable degree.

It irks me that I meet many 'farang' who have lived in LoS for years, (often 10 or 20 years+), and can still only speak one or two words of Thai. What sort of commitment to the country does that show?

Learn Thai, understand (not neccessarily agree with) the culture, and you stand a far better chance of integrating with the Thai community. Make Thai friends (who can help you out in time of need) etc.

Simon

I hate to disagree! I speak Italian, German, English, some Slovenian and cannot for the life of me learn this language with a nasal drawl. Everytime I finally am able to say the word propeprly, I have to sneeze!! Part of the problem is that I am not a young boy anymore, the other part being the dificulty of the language itself.

Good point. The mono-lingual anglophiles are so clueless about languages. I am fluent in a second language that I leaned after I turned 20. It was damned hard work making all those funny sounds. I know people who have lived in my country of residence for decades who speak awefully, no matter how hard they try. It hurts my ear to listen to them. However they can be understood and function with the language in normal daily life.

Asian languages are tonal to a far greater extent than the european languages. They are just hard to master ! Give Andy a break. Also aweful != zero (I think he used that word)

I would like to offer advice, but this thread is so full of useless static and stupid arrogant "holier than though" people it hardly seems worthwhile.

4: Bizarre unproven combinations of 30+30+30+60 etc. etc are pointless thought experiments

Personally I think most of the posters here in this thread are just so up themselves that it is unbelievable. Basically, the attitude is "you should have known better, f*** off its their country anyway, your a lazy no-good whinging pom and get off your ass and get-legal (see 1..5 above)".

Good luck Andy.

Dr. Dweeb

Nice post Dr Dweeb,but he does not have to go.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1072433

Simon

Good luck Andy.

Dr. Dweeb

Nice post Dr Dweeb,but he does not have to go.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1072433

Well, I had not got far enough in the thread to hear of this bizarre order. This is the first time I have seen it mentioned. Clearly his rejection in "room 303" - very Orwellian - would appear on that basis to have been incorrect and he has been misinformed and mislead by the Thai authorities not being up to speed with the new regulations. But then again, who is up to speed ?

Lawyers cost money and not everyone can afford them, so we mortals need to relay on the integrity and knowledge of government official (sorry - rotfl) in order to function - plus the advice of the experienced in these matters.

It seems Andy may have a solution after all - hooooray :o

Dr. Dweeb

What - me? Intellectual ?

Does the OP have the cash to buy the air fare to his home country. He appears to intimate he doesn't. I'd like to wager that the lawyer's costs of organising a one-year extension are clearly less than a one-way flight to the US.

Hi Andy,

I think We met in Ban Phai.

You were on a hospital trolley.

Stand your ground...They have to give You a Non Im O visa.

They don't have to give him anything. Walking into a Thai immigration office with a sense of entitlement is a good way to wind up living in Laos.