Vientiane visa run 2017 Sept.

A post flaming another member has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Needed to get a non O visa which I obtained on the basis of having a child who is a Thai national.

Documents/proof  required were:

Photocopy of birth certificate (childs)

Photocopy of passport main page

Photocopy of laos visa

Passport

2 white background passport photos 

Vientiane application form**

Thanks for posting your report. Can you please confirm it was just the childs Thai birth certificate you needed as I have asked at the Thai Embassy in UK (need Thai mothers ID card), and at local immigration here in Thailand (need blue house registration book with childs name on)!  So I was unable to get the non O for having a Thai child. I do have the childs Thai birth cerificate who lives with me but not the Thai mothers ID card or blue book as we are no longer together. Just wondered if it really is as easy as filling out the form, visa copies, photo's and thai  birth certificate? Is that all? No mothers ID or blue book required?

1 hour ago, Freespirit said:

Thanks for posting your report. Can you please confirm it was just the childs Thai birth certificate you needed as I have asked at the Thai Embassy in UK (need Thai mothers ID card), and at local immigration here in Thailand (need blue house registration book with childs name on)!  So I was unable to get the non O for having a Thai child. I do have the childs Thai birth cerificate who lives with me but not the Thai mothers ID card or blue book as we are no longer together. Just wondered if it really is as easy as filling out the form, visa copies, photo's and thai  birth certificate? Is that all? No mothers ID or blue book required?

Hi.

Child's thai birth certificate which also has my name on.

I took plenty more evidence but all that they wanted was as per my report but I also had with me:

Original thai birth certificate child

Original thai ID - gf

Original blue book tabien bahn (tb)

Original yellow book (tb for farang)

Copies of named pages and passport pages of all of the above

Bank book for proof of funds in a Thai bank

I also had gf sign the Thai id copy.

I took all that evidence just in case. It was my first non O so I was a bit worried. 

The general feeling I got in vientiane after purposefully speaking to veterans and youngsters alike was the ease of the process. The experience reflected that.

• 4 months later...
Just now, paulsingle said:

This is an excellent post. Comprehensive and concise.

Thanks for this very useful and detailed information.

I will be heading there around the second week of May this year and hopefully things will not have changed too much.

Thanks Paul. I'll be there at some point before then so will post an update at some point. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...