Neighbours roof line.

If the roof finishes on the boundary (like in most Moo Baans ) when kitchens & awnings are added they should of put guttering

Are you in a Moo Baan ?

Is there a committee ? Try going through them first to check regulations 

Otherwise as above

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

If the roof finishes on the boundary (like in most Moo Baans ) when kitchens & awnings are added they should of put guttering

Are you in a Moo Baan ?

Is there a committee ? Try going through them first to check regulations 

Otherwise as above

Not me. House being built close by neighbours land/house and the owner is in uk.

His area is the one going to be getting the run off.

I would assume as is most cases of common law and the laws of physics, water is allowed to run downhill.If you buy property lower than your neighbors, you are pretty much out of luck.  You will need to build or install dams or levees to prevent water from intruding on your property.

Next time buy property and build uphill.

It cannot run off from the roof onto neighbours land. So the roof cannot stick out over ones land if the neighbour objects. I also know a guy whose rainwater rsn off onto the paved road and neighbours downhill complained to the tessabaan. He had to change that and install a proper pipe to the public drainage. It was a case of complaining to bother him a bit i may add. But it was a Thai neighbour complaining about a foreigner. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Ridge said:

It cannot run off from the roof onto neighbours land. So the roof cannot stick out over ones land if the neighbour objects. I also know a guy whose rainwater rsn off onto the paved road and neighbours downhill complained to the tessabaan. He had to change that and install a proper pipe to the public drainage. It was a case of complaining to bother him a bit i may add. But it was a Thai neighbour complaining about a foreigner. Just saying.

Don't need for the roofing cover to stick beyond the fence for rainwater to flow beyond. Just need for the roofing cover to be close and higher than the fence.

The owner is absent and nothing can be done for the moment. The wife will have to go to the Tessabaan. They should expect some "response" from the neigbours that are building. Its a big plot of land, 2 story house...so they have money to put up a fight. Whoever gets involved now will have to take the heat...

Edited by Ridge
Spelling mistake

Recently built again in Ubon, pretty sure our (good and experienced builder) made sure the roof line was minimum 1.5 Metres from the boundary line. That is for house on land, not condo inside a development or a moo baan. May vary by province or type of build, sure to be some type of confusing legislation in there...

Edited by UbonEagle

On 9/23/2017 at 8:15 AM, overherebc said:

What's the law/rule in Thailand regarding rain run off from a neighbours roof landing on a next door neighbours land?

I took photos of the situation and contacted the local municipality. They sent an inspector and he made measurements , concluding that the neighbor was building too close to the wall dividing the property. Owners were instructed to correct the situation and install gutters to prevent the roof run-off from dumping on my yard. 

On 9/23/2017 at 12:35 PM, patrick kennedy said:

If the owner is elsewhere what are you bothered about?surely it is his concern not yours.If a person has a house built in his absence,im sure he is not overly concerned if he arranged it to be built in his absence.Perhaps he should have checked on his future neighbours before he started to build,is my thinking.

Perhaps some people do actually think about others and may want to make them aware of things being done when their house is not occupied.

Just sayin'

On 9/23/2017 at 9:41 AM, dansbkk said:

I would assume as is most cases of common law and the laws of physics, water is allowed to run downhill.If you buy property lower than your neighbors, you are pretty much out of luck.  You will need to build or install dams or levees to prevent water from intruding on your property.

Next time buy property and build uphill.

Who mentioned anything about house levels or being downhill????????

Read the first post again. it's a friends house that is going to get the roof run off onto his land. It's not my house and I am only thinking about the effect of it while he and his family are out of the country long term and are or were not aware of the new house being built.

Edited by overherebc

On 23/09/2017 at 6:35 PM, patrick kennedy said:

If the owner is elsewhere what are you bothered about?surely it is his concern not yours.If a person has a house built in his absence,im sure he is not overly concerned if he arranged it to be built in his absence.Perhaps he should have checked on his future neighbours before he started to build,is my thinking.

Just read your post again and realised you really did get the whole thing wrong 

???