"We'll pop down when we wake up in the morning": Break-in victim says Pattaya police can't be bothered.

rooster59

22 hours ago, hullmonkee said:

Double standards is pretty much the norm and racism is alive and well. Keep your head down don’t upset any Thai’s and you will be relatively OK. If you have a traffic accident/legal dispute etc with a Thai then you will probably not be OK. Don’t complain about the Thai neighbors barking dogs, loud music, and certainly never get aggressive with a Thai  or white boy you are not going to be OK. It’s a case of suck it all up or go home. I have been here for 12 years and have had enough, House is sold and we are headed for home. The only reason I have stuck it out for so long is that I work overseas and when I have been home (in Thailand) it’s been time to leave by the time I am getting too wound up. We are all second class citizens over here!!

If you are going back to England i hope you wont be disappointed Things are not rosey over there also

On 14/10/2017 at 12:39 PM, jaywalker said:

Sad to hear. Too bad you could not have run away (or stepped aside) yourself. Far too many double standards in Thailand. White boy, blame it on him!

It would be called racism anywhere else but the Land of Oz.

Whatever they call it, racism it certainly is

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, Happyman58 said:

If you are going back to England i hope you wont be disappointed Things are not rosey over there also

Yeah, I know its not perfect but I have been back each year for at least a couple of weeks since I moved to Thailand so I haven’t lost touch with reality at home. Plenty of petty crime, and scrapping if you drink around the town center (which I don’t); However, I won’t have to put up with being a second-class citizen, have no real recourse in the legal system, having to suck it up when the Thai neighbors let their dogs run wild in the village (gated community not a village up in the sticks), and generally knowing that I will come second best in any almost any dispute of any kind with a local.

The vast majority of Thais are decent people but there is a lot of resentment against the Farang and it doesn’t take much to spark off an incident especially when Whisky is involved. Good luck to the rest of you but I am voting with my feet.

Remember my missus saying she was at a police station somewhere in Bkk and a very distressed tourist came in saying she had just had her passport stolen. Police apparently didn't show the slightest bit of interest and their attitude did nothing to comfort the tourist. My missus helped the tourist by advising her what to do. She apologised for the police's fecklessness and apathy towards the distressed tourist. 

Me; I'd have nothing to do with them. Don't think I've even ever spoken to a police officer here. 

Edited by rkidlad

38 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Remember my missus saying she was at a police station somewhere in Bkk and a very distressed tourist came in saying she had just had her passport stolen. Police apparently didn't show the slightest bit of interest and their attitude did nothing to comfort the tourist. My missus helped the tourist by advising her what to do. She apologised for the police's fecklessness and apathy towards the distressed tourist. 

Me; I'd have nothing to do with them. Don't think I've even ever spoken to a police officer here. 

Maybe you should help cops when they are standing at lights changing them manually Might be able to show them what to do because they dont Like Now the light is green change to red lol