Suvarnabhumi Immigration

• Is my assumption correct?

I am not sure which particular assumption he is referring to.

• If yes, will I also need to go to CM Immigration in order to register anything?

Without getting past CM immigration he might not be able to set foot on Thai soil; after he has set foot on Thai soil he will have to have in hand TM30 form ( where can he get it?), he will have to get it endorsed by his housemaster ( meaning the owner of the condo, correct?; what if he is not available, who can sign off for him or her?) and within 24 hours where does he need to go? To the Amphur office? Where can he find where the office is located? And what does he need to carry along with the TM30 form, pls and how much does he need to pay? Will he get a receipt or an acknowledgement letter from the amphur office on submitting the TM30? 

• What, if anything, will my condo owner/management office need to do?

I guess they will only need to help him fill the form in Thai and sign and stamp(??) on the form? What stamp should it be, if at all? 

• Is there anything else I should be thinking about or be concerned by?

If this is OP's first visit, he might want to know where a GP or a dentist is located in an emergency. Stock up on medicine ( in Chiang Mai, I guess you can expect to get malaria or dengue if you are unlucky). Also where the church is located.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

The OP will be pleased to know that his multiple-entry non-immigration OA visa has an enter-before date which is the date when his visa will be used up. If he does a border run just before that date he will get another year's permission to stay. He could do the 90 day reporting by either reporting to the local immigration office or by exiting and re-entering the Kingdom.

During the 2nd year's stay, he would need to get a re-entry permit before leaving and re-entering Thailand. Meaning the rentry permit is not required during his first year in Thailand before leaving and entering the Kingdom again. 

Please note that the visa cannot be extended. 

I do not know if a single-entry non-immigration OA visa is issued so have assumed that he has got a multiple-entry visa. 

Please check for any change of rules by Jan 2018. 

37 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

TM30 form ( where can he get it?)

... and within 24 hours where does he need to go?

Immigration office.

Where can he find where the office is located?

Google Maps - or easier - nearest find a Moto-taxi / tuk-tuk and say, "Immigration."  If its a new kid, maybe he will need to ask another driver - but I doubt it.

, he will have to get it endorsed by his housemaster ( meaning the owner of the condo, correct?; what if he is not available, who can sign off for him or her?)  ... And what does he need to carry along with the TM30 form ... What, if anything, will my condo owner/management office need to do?

At many offices you can do it yourself - depends on the office.  Proof-docs of of where you live also varies by office, but a rental-contract and letter from the condo's Juristic Person stating he lives there would be what I would take to start.  If he can get the condo-owner's ID and Housebook - all the better.

...  and how much does he need to pay?

Nothing (assuming not late in reporting).

Will he get a receipt or an acknowledgement letter from the amphur immigration office on submitting the TM30? 

Yes.  A slip will be stapled to the last page of his passport.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Immigration office.
Google Maps - or easier - nearest find a Moto-taxi / tuk-tuk and say, "Immigration."  If its a new kid, maybe he will need to ask another driver - but I doubt it.

Or as my research tells me say 'Promenada ". The immigration office is no longer located at the international airport ( which to my mind is odd) and is  located 10 minutes from Chiang Mai's Old City. Look for the Tom N Toms Coffee shop sign in the Promenada Mall, the office is located just below it(??). Hope this info is not stale.

5 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Or as my research tells me say 'Promenada ". The immigration office is no longer located at the international airport ( which to my mind is odd) and is  located 10 minutes from Chiang Mai's Old City. Look for the Tom N Toms Coffee shop sign in the Promenada Mall, the office is located just below it(??). Hope this info is not stale.

The immigration office in the Mall closes for lunch from 12 to 1. They have relocated there because of renovation work at the airport. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

50 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

At many offices you can do it yourself - depends on the office.  Proof-docs of of where you live also varies by office, but a rental-contract and letter from the condo's Juristic Person stating he lives there would be what I would take to start.  If he can get the condo-owner's ID and Housebook - all the better.

Chiang Mai told me I can't do original, only renew existing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autonuaq said:

Not forget the tm 28

And not forget to register your address and have the proof of registration in your passport

Most offices do not require a TM28 unless you have previously received an extension of permission to stay at an immigration office in another province.