Video: Berserk taxi driver - all this and just a 400 baht slap on the wrist

snoop1130

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone has bad days. The trouble is when there are roadworks the lines are not remarked clearly defining the lanes and there is a lot of confusion. Lanes are not wide enough for two due to the dirt alongside not being removed so narrows the lanes. Diversion confusion with masses on motorbikes all pushing to the front of the queue all adds to the stress levels. The knowledge that it is likely to be like it every day for months or even years and the whole thing is a recipe for road rage. I think every taxi driver in Thailand should be issued with a fidget spinner.

5 minutes ago, Rangerdriver said:

Everyone has bad days. The trouble is when there are roadworks the lines are not remarked clearly defining the lanes and there is a lot of confusion. Lanes are not wide enough for two due to the dirt alongside not being removed so narrows the lanes. Diversion confusion with masses on motorbikes all pushing to the front of the queue all adds to the stress levels. The knowledge that it is likely to be like it every day for months or even years and the whole thing is a recipe for road rage. I think every taxi driver in Thailand should be issued with a fidget spinner.

What you write might be true, but it is only a problem if there is a Me First attitude, instead of After You. In Thailand you often have the first, and in certain other countries you often have the latter.

I call bs on the written interpretation of the video.  When you read the English written version you think this was awful malicious criminal behavior deserving arrest and jail time. Too bad for the writer he included the video which shows the whole truth and the English written version is full of bs. 

This is a perfect example of a completely failed government who does not give a toss about governance or the safety of its people. The DLT are a absolute joke and should eat with City Hall. There all not on the program of civilization. This cowboy is a danger to the community and should be jailed for 3rd months and his licence permanently canceled. Prayut every week I find another reason why your not the right man to lead these people to a better life. Hey buddy how are the people's new buses going lol. Joker 

1 hour ago, allseeingi said:

I find it very disturbing that the motorcyclist in orange-brownish jacket was trying to help the taxi driver conceal the weapon (video 2:22).

He is trying to lay some sense on the taxi driver and getting him to put the knife back in the boot!

Yes, 400b would hurt a Thai, ... and then he would loose face, ... and then have to go home and tell his family, ....  or friends about it. .... I think that he would be suitably punished ??? ... Like no damage was done, and no one was hurt.

...  I wonder how long that Pom Motorcycle guy would have stuck around, trading insults with a pretty dodgy looking Pug, if he did not have the helmet Camera on ??? ... Like I could have done with one of those, when I was a Young Man, and was Bullied, in a Couple of situations !!!!

On 10/31/2017 at 8:53 PM, cms22 said:

Just imagine if a farang did this.... Would the punishment be equal?

A farang did and he will most likely be going to jail for it... not only that... he was a front page header here for a while.

Actually not fair to this foreigner if we take all things into consideration.