HKT > KUL AirAsia This is not a boarding pass

alphason

Just did the web check in for a return flight Phuket > KL in about 10 days, it says please proceed to document check counter this is not a boarding pass, same for outbound and return legs.

Never had this before, flown this same route many times with UK passport so no visa required for Malaysia. Call centre were not that helpful but she said its happening often now, there was no point in doing the web check in if have to queue up anyway.

9 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

I found that if I use the self-service Kiosks located at the entrance to departure building, I can get actual boarding pass with out the need for document check. You can probably try to re-print the boarding pass at self-service kiosk to avoid the queue at document check counter.

Thanks that's in Phuket Airport? I don't remember there being a document check counters at Phuket (could be wrong as never needed to use it before) so it would at least avoid having to queue with those that need to check in with luggage. Seems pointless of airasia if you can re print a new one at the self service kiosk without a document check, but would be helpful.

The whole point of web check in for me is to save time, which is what I need because if its heavy rain I take the bus and there is not much time before check in closes if the bus is late.

• 2 weeks later...