Translation for Thai bank

Juntaa

As I'm heading to Thailand soon and since the ATM fees have gone up since my last visit, I would like to withdraw money at the counter of a Thai bank. I read that if you withdraw money at the counter, you don't get charged the 200-250 baht per withdrawal. But as some staff may not speak English or pretend not to speak, as apparently Thai banks prefer you to use the ATM instead, I came up with the idea to print the following and show it to their staff:

"Hello, I want to withdraw Thai baht at this bank counter. I don't want to use an ATM. I want to withdraw money at the counter. I consider this a free service. If you charge an additional fee, please let me know in advance. Thank you very much."

As per Google Translate:

สวัสดีฉันต้องการถอนเงินบาทที่เคาน์เตอร์ธนาคารนี้ ฉันไม่ต้องการใช้ตู้เอทีเอ็ม ฉันต้องการถอนเงินที่เคาน์เตอร์ ฉันคิดว่านี่เป็นบริการฟรี หากคุณคิดค่าบริการเพิ่มเติมโปรดแจ้งให้เราทราบล่วงหน้า ขอบคุณมาก.

Could you proofread it and correct any mistakes?

I'm deliberately using "want" and not "would like to" as the back-translation from Thai into English comes up with something illogical.

Should there be a more polite way to phrase it, feel free to change it. Feel also free adding things like "I hope you are doing well" or some other polite Thai phrases. I want to come across as nice and polite and not like a stingy farang who only wants to avoid the ATM fees.

Thank you :D

Edited by Juntaa

I use the counter withdrawal method at the Bangkok Bank and Krungsri Bank branches I use...no fee for a counter withdrawal using my foreign cards (debit or credit).  You should find this to be the norm at the great majority of branches that will allow a counter withdrawal. 

Now the Bangkok Bank branch I use will no do a counter withdrawal for a debit card...they just point you to their ATM.  But for a credit card they will gladly do it.   I have a credit credit that does not charge a foreign transaction (same for my debit card) nor does it charge a cash advance fee.  The Krungsri branch I use accepts debit or credit card.

Now I have read just a few posts on ThaiVisa where the branch still wanted to charge the fee "or" would only do a DCC transaction which means you get approx a 3% lower exchange rate.  Don't do a DCC transaction.    Something deep in my brain is saying that was at some SCB branches.

Personally I would "not" go in with some note to hand time...like the one above which implies I feel this should be a fee-free service.  What you feel makes no difference to a bank if it's standard procedure for them to charge a fee of X-amount for a certain service. 

I would just go to the bank and say you want to do a counter withdrawal which might draw a blank response because the branches I use use the term "cash advance" instead whether it's for a debit or credit card.  Of course if you are using a debit card it's not really a cash advance, but for a credit card it is technically a cash advance.  

Good luck....give it a try.  And if one branch don't want to do it, just try another one.

What you have there seems to be a good translation of the English although it looks as though you are anticipating or are already in, an argument.
If the counter service does have a charge I don't see how anything you say can change that. I have never used an ATM to draw on a foreign account because it has always appeared to me to lack transparency. I would never contemplate borrowing cash on my Barclaycard either for similar reasons so I can only address the language issue.
The basic request is ขอเบิกเงินหน่อยครับ and at the same time proffering the relevant card etc. Without more knowledge of Thai I don't think that your note would be of much use.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect