Fake land deeds in Krabi

webfact

Fake land deeds in Krabi

"I have lent that person 300,000 Baht. After that, the person kept quiet and never paid anything. I rechecked the title deeds again and found that they could be fake."

By Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__8462454.jpg

On November 4, Village Chief of Moo 3, Khaokram subdistrict in Krabi, Sucha Wansuk, received a complaint from the villagers, 67 year old Sompat Sengyong and 46 year old Sumalee Saeho, who say they lost money from the mortgage on about 10 fake title deeds.

“The complainers called me earlier saying that some villagers from my village mortgaged the title deeds to get hundreds of thousands from them and never returned to take the papers back, which is suspicious. After checking the papers, we found many suspicious points that tend to prove they are fake. I already recommended them to report to the police,” said the village chief.

Meanwhile, Sompat said that she accepted the land deeds as the person who wanted to mortgage them was from the same village.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/fake-land-deeds-krabi

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-11-06

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Sompat said that she accepted the land deeds as the person who wanted to mortgage them was from the same village.

Big mistake.

Not a lot of trust anywhere, where money is concerned. Especially substantial amounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds of a story I heard about the Dominican Republic.
When the government made everyone with Land Deeds report in and register again, they found that total acreage came to twice the size of the whole country.

Would not surprise me if LoS is the same or more....

Archived